So What if Sanders Has Won More Delegates Than Hillary, Will SuperDelegates Switch?

Should the Super delegates switch to Sanders if Sanders wins more delegates than Hillary?

• Yes, he should get them, but it is up to them

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Yes, he should get them and the party should change the rules

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but if they want to they should

• No, they should keep their pledges to support Hillary

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I dunno; I guess I'll take a Coke

• Total voters
It was her turn in 2008. Didn't work out without the majority of the pledged delegates.

Serious question; So here is a hypothetical question.

Sanders has been winning most of the predominately white northern states, with a few exceptions. Hillary has been winning mostly due to black turnout, and now that her Southern states have all voted, she faces a dry period ahead. She is ahead in New York, but Sanders has won 7 of the last 8 primaries, and is definitely building momentum.

So if Sanders wins 2,200 delegates and Hillary wins only 1800 total delegates (not counting her Super delegates), is there any chance that the Super delegates will switch to Sanders? Should they?

Yup. Just like in 2008.
2008 is so yesterday: Democrats l-o-v-e Hillary Clinton in new WaPo-ABC poll. Bernie Sanders? Not so much.

It's her turn. Doesn't matter if crazy bernie win every state.
Not her turn, so much as she did the ground game early on. She also made sure she did everything she could to prevent a repeat of tactics used in 2008. Bernie is always at a disadvantage, and he is not as popular with democrats as Hillary is. Facts are facts

There's no chance of Sanders getting more delegates than Clinton so it's a moot point. Pretending it could happen, there's no way super delegates break for Sanders. Clinton is the party choice.

I am seeing a bunch of unwarranted, unsupported assertions...no evidence, nor reasoning.

Hillary just has the whole thing fixed for her to win, is that what you are saying?
proportional races make it nearly impossible for sanders to make up the 200 odd pledged delegates he's behind.
last night was big for him and he only made up something like 10 delegates. he simply can't pass her at this point.

There's no chance of Sanders getting more delegates than Clinton so it's a moot point. Pretending it could happen, there's no way super delegates break for Sanders. Clinton is the party choice.

I am seeing a bunch of unwarranted, unsupported assertions...no evidence, nor reasoning.

Hillary just has the whole thing fixed for her to win, is that what you are saying?
proportional races make it nearly impossible for sanders to make up the 200 odd pledged delegates he's behind.
last night was big for him and he only made up something like 10 delegates. he simply can't pass her at this point.
So sanders is just a "challenge" sideshow the demos let happen to gift Hillary the nomination that was supposed to happen in 08.

So sanders is just a "challenge" sideshow the demos let happen to gift Hillary the nomination that was supposed to happen in 08.

If it was 'supposed' to happen in 2008, why didn't it?

reality check: candidates stay in a race for a myriad of reasons. One main reason for Sanders would be taking his following into the convention. Life is a sideshow, and by your comments, you appear to be a circus freak.

thank you for the entertainment
:popcorn:

reality check: candidates stay in a race for a myriad of reasons. One main reason for Sanders would be taking his following into the convention. Life is a sideshow, and by your comments, you appear to be a circus freak.

thank you for the entertainment
:popcorn:

Another is to force Hillary to adopt some of his platform in order to bring his people along. Heathcare reform wasn't a major issue for Obama until he had to adopt it to beat Hillary.

Serious question; So here is a hypothetical question.

Sanders has been winning most of the predominately white northern states, with a few exceptions. Hillary has been winning mostly due to black turnout, and now that her Southern states have all voted, she faces a dry period ahead. She is ahead in New York, but Sanders has won 7 of the last 8 primaries, and is definitely building momentum.

So if Sanders wins 2,200 delegates and Hillary wins only 1800 total delegates (not counting her Super delegates), is there any chance that the Super delegates will switch to Sanders? Should they?
The fix is in, Hildabeast will win The nomination no matter what…

We should all ask that question. I don't know how the super delegates were organized in 08.

We should all ask that question. I don't know how the super delegates were organized in 08.
initially, many backed clinton. they changed with the votes

Forum List

Back