So where do USMB members stand on this SCJOTUS nomination...

Who's it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Democrat Liberals continue to show America that they are the party of obstruction, hatefulness and intolerance. They are literally destroying their own party from within and do not seem to even recognize the fact that they are doing it. Come November it will become a GOP super majority. The price Democrats will continue to pay for their bad conduct.

(Again) Liberals are not a "party".

It's kind of surprising Rump hasn't named his own sister who's a judge.

Then again she refers to him as "P.T. Barnum" so maybe it isn't.

Democrat Liberals continue to show America that they are the party of obstruction, hatefulness and intolerance. They are literally destroying their own party from within and do not seem to even recognize the fact that they are doing it. Come November it will become a GOP super majority. The price Democrats will continue to pay for their bad conduct.

Yehh, they crashed the Dem. party a long time ago & never left... lol

Yehh, they crashed the Dem. party a long time ago & never left... lol

(Again again) - Liberals are not a "party". Liberalism is a political philosophy, which automatically excludes "party", which is a real-world machine to consolidate power. That machine will work toward that end regardless of whatever diverse philosophies exist therein.

A Liberal may be a "Democrat", a "Republican", some other party, or like me have no party at all. Zero of the Liberals who founded this nation and wrote its Constitution had a "party". They're neither related nor required.

As long as the SCOTUS pick strictly adheres to the U.S. Constitution when making his/her decisions, I'm fine with whomever it is.

Lol No, I agree with you there, however, just the fact that a portion of US universities' indoctrinated enrollees respond like this, out of hand, does indicate that they are working off of the NARRATIVE that has been ensconced within them. Is it possible for the same to be true on the other side of the isle; of course it is & you can cite the FNC & its viewers as an example... (the magnitude of the MSM and the mistruthes in fomenting their NARRATIVE are another matter all together when comparing the veracity of the two sides, IMHO) ... too bad so much hangs in the balance!

Lol No, I agree with you there, however, just the fact that a portion of US universities' indoctrinated enrollees respond like this, out of hand, does indicate that they are working off of the NARRATIVE that has been ensconced within them. Is it possible for the same to be true on the other side of the isle; of course it is & you can cite the FNC & its viewers as an example... (the magnitude of the MSM and the mistruthes in fomenting their NARRATIVE are another matter all together when comparing the veracity of the two sides, IMHO) ... too bad so much hangs in the balance!

Um, no. It simply means some hack with a video camera made a bullshit video. That's all it means.

FWIW, I really don't care what the POLITICAL leanings of a Justice are, as long as they are beholden to the COTUS (and no other), and the supporting documents. As long as the Justice knows, understands, and holds true to the COTUS, as well as knows, understands, and holds true to the supporting documents (ie. The Federalist Papers, Amendments, contemporary arguments for and against, etc.) their POLITICAL leanings will have no effect on their LEGAL judgement.
Kagan wasn't even a judge. Obutthole put her there to push ultra liberal causes that are not constitutional. What a fucking disgrace. If Roe v Wade is overturned, it won't be because a judge is a practicing Catholic, it will be because it is unconstitutional.

I like the chick. Seems to be the most Conservative.

If that asshole Obama got to appoint those two extreme far Left shithead dingbats then Trump need to counter with a good solid Conservatives.

Other.

Have my favorite but that matters nothing as it ain’t my call. I simply trust my president to pick a solid conservative who while help keep America the bastion of freedom and liberty our founders intended. And if that jerks the lefties around a bit in coming decades that’s life. Elections have consequences as a not very bright former president once said.

Watching the Leftists maul a Christian woman who has just recently been confirmed 55-43 right before the election would rile up the conservative voting base BIGLY. Watching Leftists demonize 70 million U.S. Catholics right before the election would be YUGE.

The U.S. Senate confirmed Barrett to the Seventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on October 31, by a 55-43 vote. Three Democrats voted for her and two did not vote. It would not be easy to justify changing their votes now, as she has served unexceptionably. At her confirmation hearings, Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Judiciary Committee’s aged ranking Democrat, asked Barrett about her religious views, and the nominee responded that no judge should allow personal views, whether based on faith or anything else, to influence the imposition of the law. “The dogma lives loudly within you, and that is a concern,” Feinstein said infamously. This was an outrageous comment; Feinstein doesn’t know anything about the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church, and she has no idea what privately motivates Judge Barrett.

Nominating Amy Barrett Would Be Political Genius - American Greatness

A conservative woman on SCOTUS would solve many of our political issues. I believe many more women will vote for conservative issues because of her appointment. However, the two men are equally qualified;

Hate to be the one to break astounding news y'all but a SCOTUS judge ain't supposed to look after "conservative" interests, "left" interests, "right" interests or any kind of "religious" interests. They're supposed to enforce the Constitution.

Y'all demonstrated the shortcomings of civics classes, or lack thereof. And/or the pitfalls of partisan hackery.

Those shithead dingbat asshole Moon Bat bitches that Obama appointed sure as hell looks after Libtard interest.

Where were those bitches when they were basing immigration "law: on what Trump said as a candidate rather than what the law really said? The law was nowhere to be found. Just partisan bias.

Quit your bitching. If Obama gets to appoint extreme far Left Moon Bats then Trump can counter that stupidity by appointing Conservatives. Elections have consequences. Probably the main reason why Trump got elected was the potential for multiple Supreme Court replacements.
That fucking McCain had better not vote against Trump's choice and democrats in Trump turned red-states had better approve his choice too.

I'll be happy with anyone who supports the Constitution as written.

FWIW, I really don't care what the POLITICAL leanings of a Justice are, as long as they are beholden to the COTUS (and no other), and the supporting documents. As long as the Justice knows, understands, and holds true to the COTUS, as well as knows, understands, and holds true to the supporting documents (ie. The Federalist Papers, Amendments, contemporary arguments for and against, etc.) their POLITICAL leanings will have no effect on their LEGAL judgement.
Kagan wasn't even a judge. Obutthole put her there to push ultra liberal causes that are not constitutional. What a fucking disgrace. If Roe v Wade is overturned, it won't be because a judge is a practicing Catholic, it will be because it is unconstitutional.

Actually you don't need to be a judge to be on the SCOTUS. You don't even need to be an attorney.

Actually you don't need to be a judge to be on the SCOTUS. You don't even need to be an attorney.

And as the left wingers on the court keep showing us, they don't even have to understand the Constitution to be a Justice.

And as the left wingers on the court keep showing us, they don't even have to understand the Constitution to be a Justice.

Yeah actually you do. It's exactly what the gig's all about.

I'll be happy with anyone who supports the Constitution as written.

That's why it's imperative to nominate Batfink.

Batfink has always covered all sides without bias.

Batfink is quite honored, but he has prior commitments due to his lifelong contract with USMB.

Batfink
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back