Social Welfare is immoral and evil.

Nov 14, 2013
I do not wish to debate anything other than social (government) welfare in this conversation. I do not wish to discuss the evils of corporations (I am not advocating corporatism/fascism). I simply wish to discuss the morality of social welfare.

I am against all government social welfare programs. I believe that it is not my duty to provide for anyone other than myself and those I choose to support. No one has the right to take away from me my property and give it to someone else.

Can anyone morally defend social welfare? Do you think you have the right to someone else’s property? And who was it that gave you this right and where did they receive that authority? And does that make it moral?

Last edited:
I do not wish to debate anything other than social welfare in this conversation. I do not wish to discuss the evils of corporations (I am not advocating corporatism/fascism). I simply wish to discuss the morality of social welfare.

I am against all social welfare programs. I believe that it is not my duty to provide for anyone other than myself and those I choose to support. No one has the right to take away from me my property and give it to someone else.

Can anyone morally defend social welfare? Do you think you have the right to someone else’s property? And who was it that gave you this right and where did they receive that authority? And does that make it moral?

Are you against charity and non profit programs that benefit the poor?

I do not wish to debate anything other than social welfare in this conversation. I do not wish to discuss the evils of corporations (I am not advocating corporatism/fascism). I simply wish to discuss the morality of social welfare.

I am against all social welfare programs. I believe that it is not my duty to provide for anyone other than myself and those I choose to support. No one has the right to take away from me my property and give it to someone else.

No. No one forces you to give to charity, That is free will. I am against forecd (government) socail welfare. Sorry i did not specify governemnt forced social welfare. I will edit the OP.

Everything you got was paid for with welfare, from the land with the blood of Native Americans to the internet with taxpayer money. You cannot separate social and corporate welfare. I don't believe in evil but welfare can be both moral and immoral.

Everything you got was paid for with welfare, from the land with the blood of Native Americans to the internet with taxpayer money. You cannot separate social and corporate welfare. I don't believe in evil but welfare can be both moral and immoral.

Stupid hyperbole. Please stick to the comment at hand or don't bother commenting.

This is about social welfare (corporate welfare is also immoral). But this is simply about social welfare programs set up by the government.

Can you defend them as being moral?

No. No one forces you to give to charity, That is free will. I am against forecd (government) socail welfare. Sorry i did not specify governemnt forced social welfare. I will edit the OP.

That's ok.

I tend to agree with you, my reasons are not limited to forced taxation.

I think Institutional power is oppressive and those who are in the greatest need are not helped by the federal programs.

I would rather see us move to non profit and charity agencies.

Stupid hyperbole. Please stick to the comment at hand or don't bother commenting.

This is about social welfare (corporate welfare is also immoral). But this is simply about social welfare programs set up by the government.

No I can't and would argue it's a form of social control for the lower class.

You are right. Social welfare, when practiced by governments, is immoral and evil. It amounts to paying poor people to be poor and offers increased poverty up as a career opportunity.

This is one of those right wing "so called" christians that try to make people believe that Jesus preached "greed is good". This morality is "fuck the poor, fuck the elderly, fuck the sick". Here's a clue, it's not morality it's moronic.

While there are people who bilk the system, it is not immoral to make sure poor children do not go hungry or to make sure no one starves to death. In the past, in smaller communities, it was easier for charities to help. But given the size of our population now, the task is much greater.

I do not wish to debate anything other than social (government) welfare in this conversation. I do not wish to discuss the evils of corporations (I am not advocating corporatism/fascism). I simply wish to discuss the morality of social welfare.

I am against all government social welfare programs. I believe that it is not my duty to provide for anyone other than myself and those I choose to support. No one has the right to take away from me my property and give it to someone else.

Do you believe that in hard times, just a helping hand could make the difference between survival and total desperation? Do you believe that in the midst of the wealthiest nation on earth, some of the least fortunate people should suffer while a very few can amass vast fortunes? Do you believe that the old way of making a fortune; creating and manufacturing is more or less noble than the modern way of making a fortune; making a killing in the markets?

Is it moral to have senior citizens living in squalor after a lifetime dedicated to work? Is it moral to raise a generation of children without adequate nutrition? Is it moral, or economically responsible, to revert to slum housing for the poor?

Are your morals based on Christian models?

I think I did. Some welfare is moral , some isn't...

You are right. Social welfare, when practiced by governments, is immoral and evil. It amounts to paying poor people to be poor and offers increased poverty up as a career opportunity.

It's regulated social control of the poor class.

I would like to see charities and non profit organization that not only help the poor but provide educational and work internships that provide skills to rise above the poverty line.

Charities that have childcare while the working parent is learning skills through education or job training to be able to provide for their family independently.

In the government system, the program is oppressive the way it is designed is merely to sustain the level of poverty the recipient is in without providing a realistic way to rise out of it.

A welfare recipient who works a job just above minimum wage is penalized and loses childcare, medical benefits they are in an oppressive catch-22 system and are stigmatized publicly and institutionally.

This is one of those right wing "so called" christians that try to make people believe that Jesus preached "greed is good". This morality is "fuck the poor, fuck the elderly, fuck the sick". Here's a clue, it's not morality it's moronic.

You're just one ugly human being...who has bought into the Government is all good and if people don't believe that, than they get your kind garbage you've heard from others dumped on them..
do you ever think for yourself?

While there are people who bilk the system, it is not immoral to make sure poor children do not go hungry or to make sure no one starves to death. In the past, in smaller communities, it was easier for charities to help. But given the size of our population now, the task is much greater.

Charities and non profit agencies often get donations from major corporations for food ( past shelf life) and clothing and other items.

Tax deductions provide incentive, but the media really has not built on that with the public.

Again, anoher stupid hyperbole. Who said I am a christian?

Pure example of the collectivist not being able to use the brain.. Would you care to actually defend your positions?

Can you defend your position using logic and reason, rather than just stating it as truth? What right does the anyone have to take from me and give to another person?

Do you believe that in hard times, just a helping hand could make the difference between survival and total desperation? Do you believe that in the midst of the wealthiest nation on earth, some of the least fortunate people should suffer while a very few can amass vast fortunes? Do you believe that the old way of making a fortune; creating and manufacturing is more or less noble than the modern way of making a fortune; making a killing in the markets?

Is it moral to have senior citizens living in squalor after a lifetime dedicated to work? Is it moral to raise a generation of children without adequate nutrition? Is it moral, or economically responsible, to revert to slum housing for the poor?

Are your morals based on Christian models?

In a free society, you are free to donate as much as you want.
Do you think you have the right to someone else’s property? And who was it that gave you this right and where did they receive that authority? And does that make it moral?

I think I did. Some welfare is moral , some isn't...

You stated it as a truth, without backing it up. I do not accept this premise.

Forum List

Back