Social Security going bust

By TILLY ARMSTRONG ASSISTANT CONSUMER EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
The head actuaries for Social Security and Medicare have testified before a House committee about looming financial challenges which could see funds run short by 2035.
Social Security relies on its trust funds to provide monthly benefit checks to around 70 million Americans.
But an aging population is pushing up the cost of the program as a smaller share of people are paying into it, and spending is outpacing income.
This means that if the funding gap is not resolved by Congress, future beneficiaries could receive $325 less per month. Medicare is also projected to run dry in 2036.

House Budget Committee chairman Jodey Arrington, R-Texas, said in his opening remarks on Thursday: 'My prayer is we unite - not as Republicans, not as Democrats - but as Americans.

'I won't get everything I want to solve it probably, they probably won't get everything they want, but we must do it or there will be an automatic cut.'

Comment:
Maybe Biden and Schumer should not have wasted $1.75 TRILLION dollars on their bogus "inflation reduction act (scam)".
Maybe they should have spent $1.75 TRILLION to fix social security instead.
But the greedy corrupt Democrats don't care about social security.
Where did that $1.75 trillion go to?

{Inflation Reduction Act: Boosting Economy
The Inflation Reduction Act is a $1.75 trillion bill that aims to boost the economy, lower costs, and fight climate change.}

Yet Biden's record high budget completely ignored Social Security.
But thank God it included $700,000,000,000 to bail out student loans!!

So I support that, if there is NO increase in payout, but the cap goes only to $200,000

But that will never fly, even though it is very logical.

Nothing but a targeted Additional Tax on those making $168k-$199K in earned income. Yawning….same old DEMwitted BS.

We've heard this for years.
Even during the "LOST" trump years.

Dear Lord.
Grab a fucking clue TroglocratsRdumb
It's when it will go negative officially. The positives are taking out and put into the general budget and replaced with IOU's currently. So those IOU's have to paid. And of course, we will print up many of the Fiat Currency Federal Reserve Notes.

The TOPIC is SS.
Which is 12.4%

You are adding 2.9% Medicare, which isn't the TOPIC.

I certainly agree that 12.4 + 2.9 add to 15.3

But the THREAD is about ONLY SS.
And last I checked 15.3 isn't 16. In fact it is closer to 15. But you know tRumptard math!
MAGA

God it's DUMB and DUMBER Dems. Now add the additional .9% Obamacare mooching parasite Dem Medicare tax. What's 15.3 + .9 go ask a 3rd grader. :rolleyes:
Keep moving the goalposts, the topic is about social security. It is 12.4%, period. Full stop, take your loss, your lying ass, ball and go back to MAGA-LARDO!
MAGA

Keep moving the goalposts, the topic is about social security. It is 12.4%, period. Full stop, take your loss, your lying ass, ball and go back to MAGA-LARDO!
MAGA
The goal posts never moved dipshit. I just embarrassed you dumb ass Dems demonstrating how uninformed you morons are. FICA 15.3% and .9% FACT. Now run away and hide losers.

Forum List

Back