Solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict?

What is the best solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict?

• Two states: Israel and Palestine (in the vast majority of the West Bank)

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • One bi-national state from River to the Sea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One secular democracy from River to the Sea

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • The Palestinians are moved to another country (by force is neccessary).

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Banned
The two-state solution is the best option.

If that can't happen, then make a bi-national state from the river to the sea.

#1 is the BEST solution.

However, until the "Palestinian" leadership changes its mindset and goals, it remains an unattainable solution.

• Banned

In the 4 options that you have presented, what's the difference between numbers 2 and 3?

Not much really.

Let me expand on MY answer.

a two-state solution with Palestine encompasing 95% of the West Bank, Israel keeping 5% of the West Bank to include the majority of the settler population, Israel giving up an equal amount of territory to Palestine, the Arabs areas of East Jerusalem going to Palestine, and Jerusalem being a shared and open city for both states.

if they can't do that, then go the one-state route.

• Banned
By the way folks, the poll is ANONYMOUS.

So vote however you like, no one will know how u voted.

I can't vote except 'none of the above'. Your 'definitions' are much too vague. For example, much of those 'Arab areas of East Jerusalem' were actually historically *Jewish* right up until the Jordanian Army shelled them and then evicted the surviving Jewish Jeruasalemites at gunpoint. (see the photo spread from LIFE magazine documenting this ethnic cleansing').

I am morally opposed to allowing my relatives to be 'ethnically cleansed' repeatedly.

Also - this 'territory trading', it doesn't appear to be substantially any different from what Israel was trying to do right around Partition. What would make it acceptable now, in your opinion?

And lastly - the Palestinians could have declared their state any time since Israel declared herself: I truly do NOT understand why anyone else's 'approval' nor co-operation should be required. Is there some treaty or other which refers to this?

• Banned
I can't vote except 'none of the above'. Your 'definitions' are much too vague. For example, much of those 'Arab areas of East Jerusalem' were actually historically *Jewish* right up until the Jordanian Army shelled them and then evicted the surviving Jewish Jeruasalemites at gunpoint....

many of the currently Jewish areas in Israel used to be 100% Arab.

so what's your point?

In the 4 options that you have presented, what's the difference between numbers 2 and 3?

Not much really.

Let me expand on MY answer.

a two-state solution with Palestine encompasing 95% of the West Bank, Israel keeping 5% of the West Bank to include the majority of the settler population, Israel giving up an equal amount of territory to Palestine, the Arabs areas of East Jerusalem going to Palestine, and Jerusalem being a shared and open city for both states.

if they can't do that, then go the one-state route.

I pretty much agree with your solution, except for one point. Jerusalem is comprised of 3 parts: West Jerusalem, which houses the Knesset and is mostly Jewish; East Jerusalem which is comprised of mostly Arab neighborhoods; and the Old City. The Old City, which is one square mile, has four traditional quarters: Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Armenian, though Armenians are also Christian. East Jerusalem was comprised of Jewish neighborhoods before the 1948 War, when Jews were driven out of East Jerusalem and the Old City's Jewish Quarter. The current government of Israel is trying to populate East Jerusalem with Jews, and an organization called Ateret Kohanim is trying to populate the other 3 quarters of the Old City with Jews. It's a tremendous sacrifice to give up East Jerusalem outside the Old City walls, but it might come to that. But I don't think that we should give up the Old City. I don't know how well you know the Bible, but every major Biblical city is already lost to us: Hebron, Bethlehem, Jericho, Shechem (Nablus), Bethel and Shiloh, among others. And East Jerusalem, outside the Old City walls, might go as well. But the Old City too? Jerusalem is the heart-and-soul of Judaism. The Six Day War was like a miracle, and we were the victors in that war. Israel has always guaranteed access to all faiths to their shrines, but Jerusalem (at least the Old City) is ours.

Last edited:
Two-states is the only 'solution' which any of us will be able to swallow.

No chance for Bi-National state.

Not in a million years.

Not gonna happen

Yes, Israel and Palestine. Palestine will be 95% or so of the West Bank with landswaps for the remaining 5%

Palestine gets the Arab areas of EJ and the Old City is shared by both nations.

Two-states is the only 'solution' which any of us will be able to swallow.

No chance for Bi-National state.

Not in a million years.

Not gonna happen

Yes, Israel and Palestine. Palestine will be 95% or so of the West Bank with landswaps for the remaining 5%

Palestine gets the Arab areas of EJ and the Old City is shared by both nations.
Ya, not happening. Jerusalem is off the table.

Well, that will be the choice of the Israeli government. The Palestinians cannot dictate the terms of any treaty

Forum List

Back