Some of us already knew this

Fox is a racist network. Once again I read the same bullshit from the same whites. I see racism exactly where it is.

The mainstreaming of racism on Fox News

6a4fe4a0-fab1-4d42-a353-79d6a7958913.png

By Jennifer Rubin

Opinion writer covering politics and policy, foreign and domestic

Rubin is a conservative journalist.

We’ve made the distinction before, but it bears repeating: There are professional, fair and conscientious news people on Fox News. No one could watch the final debate and deny that Chris Wallace is among the best in the business. Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly have earned their place among top debate moderators and interviewers. What we are about to discuss does not apply to them, but it threatens to diminish the news legitimacy of their employer and depress their own ratings as the Fox News label becomes tarnished.

The degree to which Fox fake-news programming (e.g. Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, “Fox and Friends”) has mainstreamed and defended blatant racism is shocking. Overshadowed by Newt Gingrich’s outburst on Megyn Kelly’s show last night was Sean Hannity’s birther dog-whistle. He directed his rant to President Obama:

"You want to go to Canada? I’ll pay for you to go to Canada. You want to go to Kenya? I’ll pay for you to go to Kenya. Jakarta, where you went to school back in the day, you can go back there. Anywhere you want to go. I’ll put the finest food — caviar, champagne, you name it. I have one stipulation: You can’t come back."

Now, do we think it’s coincidental that he picked Kenya, folks? Do we think Hannity is not ringing the birther bell, suggesting (affirming, actually) for the benefit of his alt-right audience that, in his mind, Obama is a foreigner, probably Muslim and definitely not “one of us”?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...of-racism-on-fox-news/?utm_term=.df02f83c2bd4
Ewe are the racist! Live with it dumbass!

Post evidence of my racism.
Weve done that a million times.

You have not done it once.

I have been called “racist” by White people whenever I specifically reject a legislative, political, media/film/art, or cultural manifestation of White supremacy. I’ve also been called “racist” for recounting any experience that I have had with racism. The actual act of naming what I heard or experienced is deemed “racist.”

There’s two reasons why Whites call people of colour (especially Black people) “racist.” First of all, it comes from a lack of understanding of the term (through ignorance or willful ignorance and hatred), its history and its consequences. As long as “racism” is viewed solely as “one person being mean to another person because of their race” or basically solely as an individual and arbitrary instance of prejudice with equal social capital between the individuals, Whites can obscure or ignore the ramifications of the historical (whether implied, microaggressions or overt racism), institutional, structural and systemic manifestations of White supremacy (which does NOT require extremism to exist) and racism.

A Black person being insulted based on slurs that facilitate(d)(s) oppression and genocide for centuries and that same sentiment behind that slur facilitates the denial of a plethora of opportunities as well as supports a plethora of types of discrimination and punishment represents a different magnitude and scope of an insult versus a Black person “hurting” a White person’s feelings, even if the former is rude. Oppression is about more than hurt feelings. The latter doesn’t even begin to encapsulate what the former is. Further, individual acts of harm from a person of colour to a White person may be an insult, a tort or a crime—but it does not connect to violence (which is more than just physical) used to facilitate the oppression of an entire people. (Even so, because the criminal justice system is about punishing Blacks and “protecting” Whites, a White person wouldn’t have to have the expectation that a Black person would go unpunished for harming them. More convictions and harsher sentences are factors. Even Black adolescents face more punishment than White adolescents. In fact, Whites should fear Whites, in regards to the criminal justice system.)

Many times an insult is not occurring—it’s just a Black person adamantly rejecting White supremacy. The rejection of White supremacy and racism themselves is not “reverse racism. Rejecting White supremacy is not then telling Whites to be “ashamed” of Whiteness, as they should be able to live and thrive without the lie that is the claim of inherent superiority.

Gradient Lair - Why Whites Call People Of Colour “Racist”

Former Fox News Host: 'Racist' Network Was Founded To Demonize ‘The Other’

Former-Fox-News-Host-039Racist039-Network-Was-Founded-To-Demonize.jpeg

Ex-Fox News host Eboni K. Williams took aim at her former employer on Thursday, saying the network has a reputation for bigotry and racism “for very good reason.”

On the New York radio show “The Breakfast Club,” Williams said the key to understanding the widely watched conservative network was in making sense of its founder Roger Ailes. Ailes died at the age of 77 in 2017, a year after leaving the network amid a sexual misconduct scandal.

Williams told the radio show’s co-host Charlamagne tha God that Ailes had only one mission in mind for the network ― and that was “the demonizing of the other.” It was “literally the purpose of why the network was founded,” she said.

“I don’t know what his beliefs are, but what he knew was it would be very profitable,” Williams added. “OK, when you find a fear-based thing like that and you can capitalize on it, in a unique way, no one had ever done this before.”

Former Fox News Host: 'Racist' Network Was Founded To Demonize ‘The Other’ - The Usa Today Post

Race baiting, Race pimping and Race hustling.
An opinion does not make it fact.

I have been called “racist” by White people whenever I specifically reject a legislative, political, media/film/art, or cultural manifestation of White supremacy. I’ve also been called “racist” for recounting any experience that I have had with racism. The actual act of naming what I heard or experienced is deemed “racist.”

There’s two reasons why Whites call people of colour (especially Black people) “racist.” First of all, it comes from a lack of understanding of the term (through ignorance or willful ignorance and hatred), its history and its consequences. As long as “racism” is viewed solely as “one person being mean to another person because of their race” or basically solely as an individual and arbitrary instance of prejudice with equal social capital between the individuals, Whites can obscure or ignore the ramifications of the historical (whether implied, microaggressions or overt racism), institutional, structural and systemic manifestations of White supremacy (which does NOT require extremism to exist) and racism.

A Black person being insulted based on slurs that facilitate(d)(s) oppression and genocide for centuries and that same sentiment behind that slur facilitates the denial of a plethora of opportunities as well as supports a plethora of types of discrimination and punishment represents a different magnitude and scope of an insult versus a Black person “hurting” a White person’s feelings, even if the former is rude. Oppression is about more than hurt feelings. The latter doesn’t even begin to encapsulate what the former is. Further, individual acts of harm from a person of colour to a White person may be an insult, a tort or a crime—but it does not connect to violence (which is more than just physical) used to facilitate the oppression of an entire people. (Even so, because the criminal justice system is about punishing Blacks and “protecting” Whites, a White person wouldn’t have to have the expectation that a Black person would go unpunished for harming them. More convictions and harsher sentences are factors. Even Black adolescents face more punishment than White adolescents. In fact, Whites should fear Whites, in regards to the criminal justice system.)

Many times an insult is not occurring—it’s just a Black person adamantly rejecting White supremacy. The rejection of White supremacy and racism themselves is not “reverse racism. Rejecting White supremacy is not then telling Whites to be “ashamed” of Whiteness, as they should be able to live and thrive without the lie that is the claim of inherent superiority.

Gradient Lair - Why Whites Call People Of Colour “Racist”
Regardless of whether you are black or not, YOU do not seem to know what the term means. YOU call so many white posters racist without merit.

Fox is a racist network. Once again I read the same bullshit from the same whites. I see racism exactly where it is.

By Jennifer Rubin

We’ve made the distinction before, but it bears repeating: There are professional, fair and conscientious news people on Fox News. No one could watch the final debate and deny that Chris Wallace is among the best in the business. Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly have earned their place among top debate moderators and interviewers. What we are about to discuss does not apply to them, but it threatens to diminish the news legitimacy of their employer and depress their own ratings as the Fox News label becomes tarnished.

The degree to which Fox fake-news programming (e.g. Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, “Fox and Friends”) has mainstreamed and defended blatant racism is shocking. Overshadowed by Newt Gingrich’s outburst on Megyn Kelly’s show last night was Sean Hannity’s birther dog-whistle. He directed his rant to President Obama:

"You want to go to Canada? I’ll pay for you to go to Canada. You want to go to Kenya? I’ll pay for you to go to Kenya. Jakarta, where you went to school back in the day, you can go back there. Anywhere you want to go. I’ll put the finest food — caviar, champagne, you name it. I have one stipulation: You can’t come back."

Now, do we think it’s coincidental that he picked Kenya, folks? Do we think Hannity is not ringing the birther bell, suggesting (affirming, actually) for the benefit of his alt-right audience that, in his mind, Obama is a foreigner, probably Muslim and definitely not “one of us”?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...of-racism-on-fox-news/?utm_term=.df02f83c2bd4

Everyone but you sees it. You are racist against whites. You are racist and wish to brand everyone else. Won’t work.

Everyone can't see what's not there. Now post evidence of my racism. Your opinion is not evidence. And since we are in the race and racism section your crying about me posting about race is stupid.
People, myself included, have asked you to show proof of their racists posts. You refused because it wasn't true.

My thing is to ebony williams is that it's easier to act like farrakhan now white mommy n daddy has given u that wake up call.

Bitch they hired Mark Furham as "the voice of reason" to report oncrime stories.

That right there tells u what they're about.

Ex-Fox News host Eboni K. Williams took aim at her former employer on Thursday, saying the network has a reputation for bigotry and racism “for very good reason.”

On the New York radio show “The Breakfast Club,” Williams said the key to understanding the widely watched conservative network was in making sense of its founder Roger Ailes. Ailes died at the age of 77 in 2017, a year after leaving the network amid a sexual misconduct scandal.

Williams told the radio show’s co-host Charlamagne tha God that Ailes had only one mission in mind for the network ― and that was “the demonizing of the other.” It was “literally the purpose of why the network was founded,” she said.

“I don’t know what his beliefs are, but what he knew was it would be very profitable,” Williams added. “OK, when you find a fear-based thing like that and you can capitalize on it, in a unique way, no one had ever done this before.”

Former Fox News Host: 'Racist' Network Was Founded To Demonize ‘The Other’ - The Usa Today Post

Yup.

I KNEW that!

and that was the same reason he put rush limbaugh on radio stations all over the country; demonize "the other".....

and judging by the conservatives on this board who, on a daily basis, discuss how much they HATE "the other" and how much they'd like to DO SOMETHING (violent) .......shows just how successful his plan was.

Is there anything you do not find racist?

By Jennifer Rubin

Everyone but you sees it. You are racist against whites. You are racist and wish to brand everyone else. Won’t work.

Everyone can't see what's not there. Now post evidence of my racism. Your opinion is not evidence. And since we are in the race and racism section your crying about me posting about race is stupid.
People, myself included, have asked you to show proof of their racists posts. You refused because it wasn't true.
I'm racist.

But two things make it different

One. I'm honest about it
Two. It goes in the opposite direction that is I favor blk ppl.

On a deeper level.

The earth belongs to the black man. Every grain of sand, every molecule of air, every blade of grass, belong to us

That's how it was in the beginning n that's how it'll b in the end.

I'm racist.

One. I'm honest about it

On a deeper level.

The earth belongs to the black man. Every grain of sand, every molecule of air, every blade of grass, belong to us

The Earth belongs to the black man? What a joke you are. Since we supposedly all came from the same place, you have no more dibs on the Earth than anyone else on this planet.

I'm racist.

One. I'm honest about it

On a deeper level.

Another thing, IM2 doesn't seem to think black people can be racist. LOL YOU just admitted it. You have a deeply disturbing warped sense of entitlement.

Forum List

Back