Some positive news at the end of an horrific week

The Bible warns us this would happen...amazing how it just keeps being right
What is the diff from when they hid their homersexuality?

It's still a sin, now you just have churches condoning it. The Bible is very specific about this
You sin also, does it still make you think you are better?

I repent my sins....this is another case of you not being informed enough to be partaking in the thread
So you repent, what makes you think others don't?

It's still a sin, now you just have churches condoning it. The Bible is very specific about this

I repent my sins....this is another case of you not being informed enough to be partaking in the thread

LOL You can't repent and then keep right on doing the same thing you repented for. That's not how it works and God knows better

Well no longer calling myself Methodist.
Why not ?

Because, you can't be openly gay, and a Christian. The Bible makes that very very clear.

If they have embraced homosexuality, then by definition, they have rejected the Bible. If they have rejected the Bible, then by definition they are no longer Christian.

If they are no longer a Christ based organization, then every true believer should leave that Church.

In Numbers 16, the family of Korah and a few followers, opposed G-d. G-d then instructed the Israelite on his side:

And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.​

G-d destroyed the house of Korah, and all those that did not 'depart' from them.

In times gone past, if a man was caught with horse thieves, he was killed with the horse thieves. It's the same principal.

And while that doctrine was in the old testament, it was reaffirmed in the NT.

2 John 9-11

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
Now in that time, we had home churches, where the pastor was invited to the home.... essentially bringing the church into your home. He's saying don't invite a bad teacher into your home, or you are taking part in his wicked works.

Today, we go to the church, and the same teaching would apply. Don't go to a church with a wicked teacher, or you are taking part in their wickedness.

2 Thess. 3:6 even goes further, in a direct call to all believers to separate yourself from all teachers of false doctrine.

So this is the call to all Christians in the Methodist church. This is your warning. Leave the Church. Don't wait for another clear message from G-d. The Bible is here. You must leave the Methodist Church, or risk the judgement when it comes.

And judgement will come. G-d is not mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Your interpretation is very questionable. You are making huge assumptions.

Point out where he is wrong....hint: you can't, he's spot on

He is assuming that the Gay Bishop is a bad teacher. That says more about him than God.

Why not ?

Because, you can't be openly gay, and a Christian. The Bible makes that very very clear.

If they have embraced homosexuality, then by definition, they have rejected the Bible. If they have rejected the Bible, then by definition they are no longer Christian.

If they are no longer a Christ based organization, then every true believer should leave that Church.

In Numbers 16, the family of Korah and a few followers, opposed G-d. G-d then instructed the Israelite on his side:

And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.​

G-d destroyed the house of Korah, and all those that did not 'depart' from them.

In times gone past, if a man was caught with horse thieves, he was killed with the horse thieves. It's the same principal.

2 John 9-11

Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.
Now in that time, we had home churches, where the pastor was invited to the home.... essentially bringing the church into your home. He's saying don't invite a bad teacher into your home, or you are taking part in his wicked works.

Today, we go to the church, and the same teaching would apply. Don't go to a church with a wicked teacher, or you are taking part in their wickedness.

2 Thess. 3:6 even goes further, in a direct call to all believers to separate yourself from all teachers of false doctrine.

So this is the call to all Christians in the Methodist church. This is your warning. Leave the Church. Don't wait for another clear message from G-d. The Bible is here. You must leave the Methodist Church, or risk the judgement when it comes.

He is assuming that the Gay Bishop is a bad teacher. That says more about him than God.
Can't be a man of God and be gay.

LOL You can't repent and then keep right on doing the same thing you repented for. That's not how it works and God knows better
Then I guess no one makes it to heaven

Why not ?

2 John 9-11

You really have no right or ability to keep them from being with God..It's his deal, he'll work it out and make the final judgement...Not you or anyone else here on Earth.....

I told you that you were not informed enough to participate....and should have known better than to engage you.

I told you that you were not informed enough to participate....and should have known better than to engage you.
I get my dope straight from God....How about you?

The Methodists will have to split like the Presbyterians did.

It is just creepy the way the Bible keeps on being correct.

Why not ?

2 John 9-11

Of course he's a bad teacher. He's gay. He cannot be a good teacher.

None:
Hebrew 13:8-9 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings
First off, to get closer to God, since Jesus is just his son, I had to cast off my fundamental baptist canons.......

Then God would have told you the difference between mortal sin and venial sin. No? You're waaaaay out of your league here, runt

God loves gheys, he loves everyone, I can't say that about his followers..

You can't say that about God either. He hated Jezebel so much He didn't allow her to be buried in His earth. He turned her into dog s**t. Hated Esau in the womb for what he was about to become.
God loves His children, but not all earth dwellers belong to Him, even though they all have the capability to be called a child of the Most High. Christ gave them the ability. Christ enables all who seek Him to find Him. Just open the door.. The choice is yours.

Last edited:

Then God would have told you the difference between mortal sin and venial sin. No? You're waaaaay out of your league here, runt
Those are the words of men, God loves all...and knows humans sin...Jesus never condemned homosexuals..he did condemn fornication, but fornication is the same sin as theft, blasphemy, pride, foolishness, false witness Mark 7:20 , Matthew 15:18 to spot a few, there are more..

This is what Rev Oliveto has to say about it.
I think she makes some important points. The utter certainty of those who would exclude the Gays is scary. You cannot be that sure.

Now, to those who hold a view of homosexuality that is more restrictive than mine, you, too, must ask yourself the questions:

“What if I’ve been reading the Bible wrong? What if homosexuality is one more example of God’s creativity? What if homosexuality like heterosexuality really is a sacred gift, and those who are gay or lesbian are equal partners in creating God’s beloved community? What if loving relationships of gay men and lesbians are a reflection of God’s love?”

If I am wrong, what has been the cost in welcoming gay men and lesbians to the table as equal partners with straight men and women? How have I failed as a follower of Jesus?

Karen Oliveto

First off, to get closer to God, since Jesus is just his son, I had to cast off my fundamental baptist canons.......

Cast off any fundamental canons that differ from the Word. Especially if they tell you Jesus is JUST the Son of God. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the way the truth and the life, Emanuel, one with the Father, the salvation of man, the Rose of Sharon, fisherman, light of the world, our brother, our advocate, our friend, our gift from God.

2 John 9-11

You really have no right or ability to keep them from being with God..It's his deal, he'll work it out and make the final judgement...Not you or anyone else here on Earth.....
God has the ability and the right. His word backs me up, not your evil schemes.

God has the ability and the right. His word backs me up, not your evil schemes.

They can't seem to grasp that homesexuality is a mortal sin

Forum List

Back