Somebody tell DeJoy what a surprise inspection is.

Ben Thomson

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2020
A congresswoman wanted to inspect a Florida facility after being informed by employees of that mail facility that mail dated as far back as July was sitting on pallets unprocessed. She was denied entry by two security guards. DeJoy's office replied they needed prior notice or no entry. The reason for the short notice on her part was that two other members of congress did the prior notice thing earlier at another facility and were told later that a rush job of getting late mail out of sight was done. She didn't want to give them that opportunity again so she gave them a few hours notice instead of a week..Congresswoman blocked from touring mail facility by Postal Service police

That bitch is still around? She sure got quiet after resigning from the 2016 DNC gig for sticking a knife in Sanders to help Hillary.

There's nothing like delaying an inspection to give yourself time to hide everything that you don't want the inspector to see. This administration is obviously out to fool as many people as possible. Congress is supposed to provide oversight of the executive branch, not vice versa.

There's nothing like delaying an inspection to give yourself time to hide everything that you don't want the inspector to see. This administration is obviously out to fool as many people as possible. Congress is supposed to provide oversight of the executive branch, not vice versa.

Schultz thought she could just waltz in and disrupt operations without so much as a how-dee-do? Does she think she is a prancing princess to whom all must kneel?

It's likely she does. That's half the problem with Democrats. They think they're royalty.

A congresswoman wanted to inspect a Florida facility after being informed by employees of that mail facility that mail dated as far back as July was sitting on pallets unprocessed. She was denied entry by two security guards. DeJoy's office replied they needed prior notice or no entry. The reason for the short notice on her part was that two other members of congress did the prior notice thing earlier at another facility and were told later that a rush job of getting late mail out of sight was done. She didn't want to give them that opportunity again so she gave them a few hours notice instead of a week..Congresswoman blocked from touring mail facility by Postal Service police

While I am certainly a fan of surprise inspections.....this is one area wherein you cannot fix the problem. It is a federal facility ( I work at one ) and there simply is no such thing as coming in the door without proper notification for a million obvious reasons. You just cannot do it. An inspector general assigned to the postal service with all of the proper credentials can do it but unless the congresswoman wants to go through the rigorous security background check...sorry...she's out of luck. Yes that gives Dejoy plenty of time to screw the pooch and I'm sure he does....bottom line. He's going to yes congress to death and he is going to do whatever he damn well pleases and there really isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Sorry....that's just it.

I laughed at the posts that clapped at the promises by Dejoy that indicated he would cooperate....that's totally ridiculous. He is a federal official with local autonomy....you can't take it away from him any more than you can take it away from a Secretary of State.

JO

But he might have got caught! We can't have that.

While I am certainly a fan of surprise inspections.....this is one area wherein you cannot fix the problem. It is a federal facility ( I work at one ) and there simply is no such thing as coming in the door without proper notification for a million obvious reasons. You just cannot do it. An inspector general assigned to the postal service with all of the proper credentials can do it but unless the congresswoman wants to go through the rigorous security background check...sorry...she's out of luck. Yes that gives Dejoy plenty of time to screw the pooch and I'm sure he does....bottom line. He's going to yes congress to death and he is going to do whatever he damn well pleases and there really isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Sorry....that's just it.

I laughed at the posts that clapped at the promises by Dejoy that indicated he would cooperate....that's totally ridiculous. He is a federal official with local autonomy....you can't take it away from him any more than you can take it away from a Secretary of State.

JO
Funny that wasn't the case a few months ago according to the article.

Plus, were talking about a congressperson, not a terrorist.

JO

Debatable.

JO

Debatable.
Stupidity^

JO

Debatable.
Stupidity^

She's a Democrat, which renders it debatable.

JO

Debatable.
Stupidity^

She's a Democrat, which renders it debatable.
Stupidity^

Forum List

Back