Sorry You’re Offended, But ‘Palestine’ Does Not Exist

Originally posted by Kruska
Like most people living in Palestine - Antipater and his son Herod were Arabs, that had partially converted to Judaism - whilst many did not convert to Judaism but living in a state called Palestine and also referred to as Kingdom of Judea.

Antipater was an Edomite. Whether or not Edomites were an ancient arab people is debatable but that's beside the point. Persuader is trying to say something entirely different.

I'm gonna try and simplify what Persuader is trying to say:

If you travel to Paraguay, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil and ask anyone you see on the streets:

"Are you an american?"

They'll say:

"Of course I am an american!!! That's the continent I was born and live in."

They know they are americans but that's not their primary identity. They don't spend their lives thinking about themselves as americans but as Paraguayans, Colombians...

Persuader is saying that something very similar would happen if you could go back in time and spend a week in Palestine in 1820. If you stopped 10 passers-by going about their business and asked them:

"Are you a Palestinian?"

They'd reply (after thinking for a moment and somewhat surprised):

"Yes, that's how the Romans used to call this part of the Levant and even today every now and then, someone refers to this part of the Ottoman Empire as Palestine. So you can call me a Palestinian if you want to." (smiling, amused by the thought of thinking about himself as a Palestinian).

They knew that one of the names of the region was Palestine but none of their main self-identities was Palestinian.

The people you talked to in 1820 in Jerusalem, Jaffa, etc... thought about themselves as:

1 Arab, Jew

2 Muslim, Christian, Jew

3 Ottoman

4 His/her arab clan

Palestinian wasn't even their fourth identity.

So Persuader is absolutely correct when he says there was no Palestinian people before the Zionist movement started colonizing their homeland.

Just like there was no South African black people in 1500, 1600, 1700 before the Dutch started colonizing their land but only Zulus, Xhosas, Sotho and many other Bantu peoples.

Just like there was no Indian in the 13 colonies who identified himself as an American before 1600 when the English arrived.

Last edited:
Persuader persuaded me :biggrin: that there was no Palestinian people before the Zionist movement got going.

But contrary to what he believes this fact in no way delegitimizes the palestinian national identity.

It only highlights the fact that the palestinian national identity arose in opposition to the colonization of their homeland.

Some people did not get the memo.

Indeed, it's never been about quality, but a show of power against a minority.

So, if your cause is just, why brag about the size of the cult,
instead of addressing the argument?

Last edited:
If someone is so sure that "Palestine, the country, goes back through most of recorded history," they should be expected to be able to answer a few basic questions about that country of Palestine:

1. When was it founded and by whom?

2. What were its borders?

3. What was its capital?

4. What were its major cities?

5. What constituted the basis of its economy?

6. What was its form of government?

7. Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?

8. Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?

9. What was the language of the country of Palestine?

10. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine?

11. What was the name of its currency?

Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese yuan on that date.

12. And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?
These are questions I have asked before and no response Better yet; where was “ Palestine “ before 1967?

I'm gonna try and simplify what Persuader is trying to say:

If you travel to Paraguay, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil and ask anyone you see on the streets:

"Are you an american?"

They'll say:

"Of course I am an american!!! That's the continent I was born and live in."

They know they are americans but that's not their primary identity. They don't spend their lives thinking about themselves as americans but as Paraguayans, Colombians...

Persuader is saying that something very similar would happen if you could go back in time and spend a week in Palestine in 1820. If you stopped 10 passers-by going about their business and asked them:

"Are you a Palestinian?"

They'd reply (after thinking for a moment and somewhat surprised):

"Yes, that's how the Romans used to call this part of the Levant and even today every now and then, someone refers to this part of the Ottoman Empire as Palestine. So you can call me a Palestinian if you want to." (smiling, amused by the thought of thinking about himself as a Palestinian).

They knew that one of the names of the region was Palestine but none of their main self-identities was Palestinian.

The people you talked to in 1820 in Jerusalem, Jaffa, etc... thought about themselves as:

1 Arab, Jew

2 Muslim, Christian, Jew

3 Ottoman

4 His/her arab clan

Palestinian wasn't even their fourth identity.

So Persuader is absolutely correct when he says there was no Palestinian people before the Zionist movement started colonizing their homeland.

Just like there was no South African black people in 1500, 1600, 1700 before the Dutch started colonizing their land but only Zulus, Xhosas, Sotho and many other Bantu peoples.

Just like there was no Indian in the 13 colonies who identified himself as an American before 1600 when the English arrived.

But the Zulu identity is not an agenda of Zulu supremacy in Africa,
nor a result of opposition to the Dutch, it existed prior to the 20th century.

The Arab Palestinian identity is the very classic imperialist agenda, that argues,
if the Dutch and Arabs rule Africa long enough - they become the Zulu.

Last edited:
Persuader persuaded me :biggrin: that there was no Palestinian people before the Zionist movement got going.

But contrary to what he believes this fact in no way delegitimizes the palestinian national identity.

It only highlights the fact that the palestinian national identity arose in opposition to the colonization of their homeland.

It only confirms the inner contradiction of the opposition to Jews "colonizing Judea",
and demanding Palestine becomes another failing Arab colony.

What if other MENA nations resist Arab imperialism?

Last edited:
Palestine had currency, stamps and newspapers.
Do you mean the stamps and currency that said "land of Israel" on them, the newspaper that became The Jerusalem Post, or the soccer team full of Jews?

Indeed, it's never been about quality, but a show of power against a minority.

So, if your cause is just, why brag about the size of the cult,
instead of addressing the argument?
You believe that the Palestinians fell out of the sky in 1964 like a gift from God. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

The more astute and historically knowledgeable people understand this​

.Although one day it might, Palestine doesn’t exist today. An independent Arab Palestine has never existed. It didn’t exist under the Ottoman rule or the British Mandate or, in the end, under a United Nations Partition Plan that was rejected by every single Arab state and Palestinian leadership. It didn’t exist when the Palestinians were governed by governments in Jordan and Egypt (a time when there was virtually no international pressure to create an independent Palestine) and it didn’t come into existence when the Arab states rejected Israel’s peace gestures after the 1967 and 1973 wars..

Sorry You're Offended, But 'Palestine' Does Not Exist

Golde Mehr had a Palestinian passport in 1921. You're pretty ignorant.

Antipater was an Edomite. Whether or not Edomites were an ancient arab people is debatable but that's beside the point. Persuader is trying to say something entirely different.

The Edomites were Arabs.

Palestine was a geographical area and it was also known as the Levant

It was never a state or a nation...the people living in this area were arabs, Jews and Christians.

There is no specific group in past history known as Palestinians....again it was a geographic area not a nation, state or people.
The arabs in that area beginning in 1964 adopted the name 'Palestinian' for political purposes which has deceieved many and created many problems.

It is time that the truth be told.

so it is

Forum List

Back