South Carolina's fate Might be decided today

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
The south is feeling the pressure they KNOW what will happen to their future if they keep flying it on the state house property, the choice is now theirs.

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)Three words will ring in South Carolina state lawmakers' ears when they reconvene on Tuesday: "Take it down."

Key conservatives -- from Mitt Romney to Jeb Bush to the state's two U.S. senators and its governor, Nikki Haley -- are calling for the traditionally red state to yank the Confederate battle flag that flies on Capital property off its pole and lock it into a museum display case.

After the racist massacre last week of nine black worshipers at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church at the hands of white gunman, Dylann Roof, 21, any significant political support for keeping the Civil War relic appears to have eroded.

S.C. Gov. Haley will ask for action on Confederate flag - CNN.com

Good god, I have never seen someone as obsessed about this as you.
You must have at least a half dozen threads about this goddamned flag.

Christ dude, you could have contained everything you've posted about it in one thread. Let it fucking go !!

I doubt that she will succeed. I bet that that conferate piece-of-shit abomination will stay right where it is. The Republicans have hypermajorities in both Houses of the SC General Assembly and are overwhelmingly white, male and well over 40.

But alone, their intransigence will come back to bite them in the ass in 2016.

And this stuff pretty much sealed Lindsay Graham's 2016 fate, not that the little princess had much of a chance, anyway.

The south is feeling the pressure they KNOW what will happen to their future if they keep flying it on the state house property, the choice is now theirs.

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)Three words will ring in South Carolina state lawmakers' ears when they reconvene on Tuesday: "Take it down."

Key conservatives -- from Mitt Romney to Jeb Bush to the state's two U.S. senators and its governor, Nikki Haley -- are calling for the traditionally red state to yank the Confederate battle flag that flies on Capital property off its pole and lock it into a museum display case.

After the racist massacre last week of nine black worshipers at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church at the hands of white gunman, Dylann Roof, 21, any significant political support for keeping the Civil War relic appears to have eroded.

South Carolina's fate? You really are a goofy fucker. Look for those voting to take it down to be swept from office.

• Banned

Christ dude, you could have contained everything you've posted about it in one thread. Let it fucking go !!

Are you angry, or did they spike the jello at Sunnydales Sanitorium this morning?

They are mad, they see their neo confederate white bread world collapsing all around them, The demographic change engine is steaming along. They make the Charleston terrorist possible

South Carolina's fate? You really are a goofy fucker. Look for those voting to take it down to be swept from office.
Swept from office?

Good Gawd, I have lived down in SC for the past 10 plus years. I rarely see the stars and bars. Its not deliverance anymore son.

Are you angry, or did they spike the jello at Sunnydales Sanitorium this morning?

They are mad, they see their neo confederate white bread world collapsing all around them, The demographic change engine is steaming along. They make the Charleston terrorist possible

Typical progressive, thinking this flag is the root cause of racism and that assholes attack on 9 people.

Instead of going after the real issue, i.e. racism and the balkanization of our country, you go after a symbol, and if successful, will pat yourself on the back, that you "did something".

• Banned

Go ahead , No new companies will move into SC, educated people won't go to sc to spend money and that is why the cracker wanna be GOV is crapping her draws . To them Its all about money, that is why they are calling for that rag to be removed

Typical progressive, thinking this flag is the root cause of racism and that assholes attack on 9 people.

Instead of going after the real issue, i.e. racism and the balkanization of our country, you go after a symbol, and if successful, will pat yourself on the back, that you "did something".

It is the symbol of racism. I live down south now I see it all the time, the neo confederates also don't like catholics. So post on something you know about . maybe statue bowing , or rosary swinging instead of you totally clueless post about something you know nothing about

I doubt that she will succeed. I bet that that conferate piece-of-shit abomination will stay right where it is. The Republicans have hypermajorities in both Houses of the SC General Assembly and are overwhelmingly white, male and well over 40.

But alone, their intransigence will come back to bite them in the ass in 2016.

And this stuff pretty much sealed Lindsay Graham's 2016 fate, not that the little princess had much of a chance, anyway.

I don't think Nikki Haley wants to be hung out to dry on this one

I'm sure she spent most of yesterday polling representatives and seeing if she will have the support she needs

Otherwise, it is another huge embarassment for the state

I don't think the flag is the cause of racism....I think it is the result of racism

It is the symbol of racism. I live down south now I see it all the time, the neo confederates also don't like catholics. So post on something you know about . maybe statue bowing , or rosary swinging instead of you totally clueless post about something you know nothing about

You only think you know things, your ignorance and hatred in general is on show for all to see.

Yup and he has overstated the whole thing as well.

He's another lefty loon who's more concerned with the possibility or racism than he is about nine dead people.

Who give a shit if a confederate flag flies. Its the South for Christs sakes. Loads of those flags everywhere. It's part of Southern history and isn't about slavery, racism or anything else.

Only and idiot like Gunass see's racism wherever he looks.

He truly is a biased idiot who see's racists hiding under every bush.

Oh and the FATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA rests on the taking down of the flag??? LMAO what a fucking idiot he truly is.

I don't think the flag is the cause of racism....I think it is the result of racism

Even more of a reason why getting rid of one flag is just show, and nothing more. People can pat themselves on the backs, said they have "done something" and the problem remains.

Even more of a reason why getting rid of one flag is just show, and nothing more. People can pat themselves on the backs, said they have "done something" and the problem remains.

Putting the flag there in the first place was just show

It was a slap at Civil Rights and ending segregation...South Carolina does not need to send that message any more

Putting the flag there in the first place was just show

It was a slap at Civil Rights and ending segregation...South Carolina does not need to send that message any more

While I can agree with that, we all know progressives won't end it there. Next will be calls for all confederate battle flags to be removed, from things like Confederate war memorials, and then there will be calls for removal of the memorials themselves.

More symbolism over substance.

South Carolina needs to lead the way in social rebellion and tell these politicians that there is a price to pay for political correctness.

Swept from office?

Good Gawd, I have lived down in SC for the past 10 plus years. I rarely see the stars and bars. Its not deliverance anymore son.

Haha hep. The OP is a retard. Ive been in Charleston 15 years. Its rare to see that flag unless you go to a museum downtown. They have preserved that history in a couple museums. That war began here. No different than Aushewitz being preserved.

He says SCs "fate" haha? Our fate is...economic boom. Boeing. BMW. Volvo. Amazon. All big business we stole from blue states.

We have some of the best beaches in the country. Best food....anywhere. Women? Its like 6 to 1 here and they're all gorgeous. World class golf and outdoors. Low taxes.

Yeah...poor SC. Its all over for us haha!

Go ahead , No new companies will move into SC, educated people won't go to sc to spend money and that is why the cracker wanna be GOV is crapping her draws . To them Its all about money, that is why they are calling for that rag to be removed

No companies will? Boeing came. So did BMW. And Amazon. And...Volvo and Mercedez are both bringing massive manufacturing plants bere.

You dont know SC very will. MSNBC is brainwashing you.

Forum List

Back