Southern Baptists disinvite Ben Carson to their Pastor's Conference

I suggest you reread the Bill of Rights. There's nothing in there that allows you to label whoever you want as evil and therefore discriminate against them.
I've not labeled anyone as evil. Gay marriage is against my spiritual convictions. I choose not to participate based on those convictions and my rights as outlined in the US Constitution.

Is ham evil? Would you force a Muslim to eat a ham sandwich?
If a Muslim works at a business that sells ham, he can't refuse to sell ham to people who eat ham.
If he works at a business that sells ham, his boss may require him to sell it, but the Constitution protects his right not to just as it protects his boss's right to can his ass.
If he owns the deli, he likely won't stock ham. Should he be forced to have ham on hand for people who request it?
If he stocks and sells ham he cannot refuse to sell it to people he doesn't like.
Are you a graduate of the clinton school of evading direct questions?

If he owns the deli, he likely won't stock ham. Should he be forced to have ham on hand for people who request it?
No dummy. Of course not. Now, if he DID sell ham, he would of course have no right deny selling it to a group of people he thinks are icky.

Allowing people to harm others based on whatever religious convictions they claim is not protected by the 1st amendment.
What harm? Go down the fucking street and shop at another bakery.
I bet that phrase was uttered by many racists back in the 60's.
I bet it was. But then, it was about refusal of service, not refusal to violate religious convictions.
No plenty claimed that serving black people violated their religious convictions.
You have quotes?
Sure:
“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”

Judge Leon M. Bazile, January 6, 1959

I've not labeled anyone as evil. Gay marriage is against my spiritual convictions. I choose not to participate based on those convictions and my rights as outlined in the US Constitution.

If a Muslim works at a business that sells ham, he can't refuse to sell ham to people who eat ham.
If he works at a business that sells ham, his boss may require him to sell it, but the Constitution protects his right not to just as it protects his boss's right to can his ass.
If he stocks and sells ham he cannot refuse to sell it to people he doesn't like.

No dummy. Of course not. Now, if he DID sell ham, he would of course have no right deny selling it to a group of people he thinks are icky.
Then why should a bakery that doesn't make gay wedding cakes be forced to provide one?

I bet it was. But then, it was about refusal of service, not refusal to violate religious convictions.
No plenty claimed that serving black people violated their religious convictions.
You have quotes?
Sure:
“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”

OK... You must have lots of others then.

Then why should a bakery that doesn't make gay wedding cakes be forced to provide one?
They weren't asked to make a wedding cake with anything gay on it silly. They were just asked for a regular old, plain Jane wedding cake.

You have quotes?
Sure:

Yea religion has been used to justify all kinds of evil:

"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts."Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America

Yeah, OK
I'm done with you. Anyone unable to understand the 1st Amendment deserves no further effort on my part.

More information to debunk this thread of far left propaganda:

The largest denomination among African Americans is the National Baptist Convention, with 7.5 million members

More information to debunk this thread of far left propaganda:

The largest denomination among African Americans is the National Baptist Convention, with 7.5 million members
Skipped out on reading a lot of the posts in this thread did ya?

That hasn't happened. No bakery that doesn't make wedding cakes is being forces to provide on for a gay wedding. However, one that makes wedding cakes is not allowed to refuse to serve the kind of wedding they don't like.

The founders foresaw the possibility that a majority religion would lead to persecution against non-members of that religion.
'Sounds very dramatic but how is not baking a fucking homo-cake equals to persecution, s0n?

While baking a cake is my hypothetical business, my religious convictions prohibit my participation and support of homosexual marriage. If you want a birthday cake with no gay message, stop by. I'll be happy to take your money.
Then your religious convictions are asking you to illegally discriminate against people of your choosing. That is not okay.
Yes, it is. Please refer to the Bill of Rights.
I suggest you reread the Bill of Rights. There's nothing in there that allows you to label whoever you want as evil and therefore discriminate against them.

A muslim or a jew won't touch ham, therefore they won't work in a shop selling ham or will work at the chips section s0n.

You have quotes?
Sure:

Yea religion has been used to justify all kinds of evil:

"[Slavery] was established by decree of Almighty God...it is sanctioned in the Bible, in both Testaments, from Genesis to Revelation...it has existed in all ages, has been found among the people of the highest civilization, and in nations of the highest proficiency in the arts."Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America
Goes way back to the Jews
Deut.22:22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the 2 Kings 23:20
Josiah slaughtered all the priests of those high places on the altars and burned human bones on them. Then he went back to Jerusalem.man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

That hasn't happened. No bakery that doesn't make wedding cakes is being forces to provide on for a gay wedding. However, one that makes wedding cakes is not allowed to refuse to serve the kind of wedding they don't like.
We shall see.

You baking a cake in no way injures you. You illegally denying service injures citizens.
While baking a cake is my hypothetical business, my religious convictions prohibit my participation and support of homosexual marriage. If you want a birthday cake with no gay message, stop by. I'll be happy to take your money.
Then your religious convictions are asking you to illegally discriminate against people of your choosing. That is not okay.
Yes, it is. Please refer to the Bill of Rights.

I wouldn't force a Muslim to eat a ham sandwich but nothing prevents him from making one for someone else to eat!

You have quotes?
Sure:

Well,back in 1959, when mr L. M. Bazile, made that statement, the Civil Rights Era had not yet emerged. Evidently he was just rewriting biblical history to justify his perception of race. The biblical account of Creation tells us the story of Adam and Eve being the progenitors of all mankind However, more specifically and to the point ,the story of the Tower of Babel and Nimrod is to what your source is referring to: Genesis 11:1-9

In Genesis, there is nothing about "race" creation at all. A reference to mankind all speaking the same language at one time , before they brought the wrath of God upon themselves by building the Tower of Babel, is the central theme. Subsequently, the Lord confounded the language and people dispersed into myriad groups and populated the earth. Language, not race, was the tool used, according to scripture ,in dividing mankind . Mr L. M.Bezile (imbecile) probably never read the bible... How could he have been so far off if he had?

Forum List

Back