Southern cop shoots man running away in the back..

Holy shit, how many felons frequent this forum. No wonder it is a hate site...all of the members are convicts!

Driving without license/insurance isn't a felony, it is a misdemeanor.

Got into a lot of fights too, spent more than a few nights in the clink.

Believe me, I was no angel in my youth. I was very, very lucky not to get a felony. Did some really stupid stuff.

I'd say 70% of my oldest good friends have felonies...drug possession, theft, fighting (he kicked a guy in the face when he was down on the ground..while drunk).

It's amazing how easy it is to get a felony when you get on the wrong path.

I'm not ashamed to tell folks, I've seen things from both sides, I'm not some soft palm suburbanite living in a bubble.

I suppose that you are perfect, and have never broken a single law.

Yeah, shot for the tail light.

Not for resisting arrest, and running from warrants for the lowest crime of all, failure to support children he fathered.

It's all about the tail light, yeah, right.

It is all about karma.

Pay your fuckin' child support, and you don't have these problems.
Notice how the lefties turn it into about being about a tail light. They also missed the part about Michael Brown attacking Darren Wilson. It's about convenience to them.

Lets talk someday, when you white mother****** began getting the same treatment minorities get in this effin country......trust me, yaw do the same exact shttt, you just live to talk about it, we don't!!

I've been pulled over with an outstanding warrant. My "survival" had nothing to do with my skin color. I turned the vehicle off, rolled down the window, placed the keys on the roof and put both hands out the window.

I didn't run away, I didn't fight with the police, I knew I was wrong and I took my medicine...I'd like to say "like a man" but that's not true...a man wouldn't have gotten himself in that position in the first place.

So, I walked away not because of my skin color, but because I understood the process of being arrested.
Holy shit, how many felons frequent this forum. No wonder it is a hate site...all of the members are convicts!

Why do you assume a felony?
I have seen the guys posts...it is a plausible assumption.

Driving without license/insurance isn't a felony, it is a misdemeanor.

Got into a lot of fights too, spent more than a few nights in the clink.

Believe me, I was no angel in my youth. I was very, very lucky not to get a felony. Did some really stupid stuff.

I'd say 70% of my oldest good friends have felonies...drug possession, theft, fighting (he kicked a guy in the face when he was down on the ground..while drunk).

It's amazing how easy it is to get a felony when you get on the wrong path.

I'm not ashamed to tell folks, I've seen things from both sides, I'm not some soft palm suburbanite living in a bubble.

I suppose that you are perfect, and have never broken a single law.
If you were arrested for violence (fighting) you should have received a felony.

Notice how the lefties turn it into about being about a tail light. They also missed the part about Michael Brown attacking Darren Wilson. It's about convenience to them.

Lets talk someday, when you white mother****** began getting the same treatment minorities get in this effin country......trust me, yaw do the same exact shttt, you just live to talk about it, we don't!!

I've been pulled over with an outstanding warrant. My "survival" had nothing to do with my skin color. I turned the vehicle off, rolled down the window, placed the keys on the roof and put both hands out the window.

I didn't run away, I didn't fight with the police, I knew I was wrong and I took my medicine...I'd like to say "like a man" but that's not true...a man wouldn't have gotten himself in that position in the first place.

So, I walked away not because of my skin color, but because I understood the process of being arrested.
That much is true.

Want to survive the 'arrest encounter'?

Don't fight, and don't run.

Problem solved.

There's a time and place to fight what you think is wrong. While the situation is occurring may not be it.

777-slot-machine.jpg

Personal example. My daughter was in a wreck a few months ago. She was charged with running a traffic light. After going to the intersection where it occurred and talking to friends in the insurance business that had no stake in it, they said there is no way based on what the cop said that she caused it. I felt that way the night it happened. I could have ripped him a new one but I waited until it went to court. We had an opportunity to talk with him before and he offered to reduce the fine. Based on his arrogant attitude, I preferred to have a bench trial with the judge. It took about 5 minutes for the judge to figure out that the other driver was at fault and basically implied that the officer took the easy way out in charging an upset teenager the night of the wreck. There was a time and a place to fight the charge and I took the place that won it while making an arrogant asshole look bad in the process.

No, you can't. The officer was in pursuit of a person illegally fleeing a traffic stop...therefore he cannot "attack for no reason". Scott attacking the officer and stripping away his less-than-legal device was a felony.

What Wilson Scott SHOULD have done is surrender...not attack the officer.
How do we know the stop wasn't illegal?

Do you have any evidence that it was? And I'm not crappin' on the idea, I've been stopped illegally more than once. "You veered onto the yellow line." Bullcrap, you just wanted to stop me an see what I was doing at 2am.

Sounds like the officer was justified in stopping you, DUI is a crime you know.

Except I know for a fact I didn't veer onto the yellow line, and I hadn't been drinking, I was on my way home from work. I could afford much by way of a vehicle at the time and was driving a beat up, rusted jalopy. The officer more or copped to the fact the stop was bogus...he said drug dealers were running drugs to the lake in old, beat up vehicles like the one I was driving.

I traded that beat up car for a beat up rusted truck...been drivin' em ever since. I'm pretty sure today I could rebuild a 300 inline six in my sleep.

So you say. Do you have it on video?

Nice to have the "funny" thank you back. Point taken. Now I have a dash cam.

It's an ASSumption. How plausible is a matter of pure opinion.

This cop over- reacted, and he isn't going to get any help from anyone here. Shooting a man in the back , that was no threat, why? But on the other hand, if the victim had been white, I doubt this would be an issue. Black males clearly are a larger threat to each other and society at large than bad cops.

It's an ASSumption. How plausible is a matter of pure opinion.
He is a thug.

How do we know the stop wasn't illegal?

Do you have any evidence that it was? And I'm not crappin' on the idea, I've been stopped illegally more than once. "You veered onto the yellow line." Bullcrap, you just wanted to stop me an see what I was doing at 2am.

Except I know for a fact I didn't veer onto the yellow line, and I hadn't been drinking, I was on my way home from work. I could afford much by way of a vehicle at the time and was driving a beat up, rusted jalopy. The officer more or copped to the fact the stop was bogus...he said drug dealers were running drugs to the lake in old, beat up vehicles like the one I was driving.

I traded that beat up car for a beat up rusted truck...been drivin' em ever since. I'm pretty sure today I could rebuild a 300 inline six in my sleep.

Does the cop have one of him veering?

That's the point stupid. If it isn't on video then it's just your word against the officer's word, and the officer's word always wins. If this shooting hadn't been captured on video the officer in question would still have his job.

...Whom are you suggesting should shoot?
Whom are you suggesting should shoot when in doubt?

Yourself if you keep asking stupid questions.
How rude. And unprovoked, no less. OK. Fine. Your choice. What stupid question did I ask of you, my little asswipe? And this time, answer the phukking question.

Oh I see, I take it back then, my mistake, it was really a very intelligent question.

Does the cop have one of him veering?

That's the point stupid. If it isn't on video then it's just your word against the officer's word, and the officer's word always wins. If this shooting hadn't been captured on video the officer in question would still have his job.

The officer does always win? Wrong. My daughter was in a wreck and charged by one of those officers you say always wins. Rather than proving him a retard that night, I waited to court. He was willing to drop the fine and I was willing to have a bench trial to embarrass him. Neither one of us had a video of the situation so it was my daughter's word against his. Since the ticket was dropped and the judge all but called him an idiot, seems he lost.

If you were arrested for violence (fighting) you should have received a felony.

Not so cut and dry. This was over twenty years ago. Back then it was very common for two fellas who took exception to the others taking exception could settle the matter by stepping outside and duke it out. Today that might be a felony, but back then no charges were ever filed if both parties were "at fault"...meaning they both wanted to fight. Nine times out of ten, you ended up friends after. The olden days, before we all got "civilized".

I've always said that hillbillies and innercity blacks have a lot more in common than we have differences. I think that's why the powers that be work so hard to keep us at odds with one another. Society thinks they are our betters, we're both general poor, neither are afraid of a fight, tough, learn to get by with our wits and what's available at our disposal. With blacks it's drug, with hillbillies it was bootlegging moonshine....and today the old ridgerunners are folk heroes. Drug dealers the same in the innercity black community.

Somehow folks never key into these similarities...focusing only on the differences, of which there are very few.

The video clearly shows the officer had no fear for his life or others. Yup, the video is a just view of the event.
The video doesn't show the whole episode. The video only begins after the physical confrontation between the cop and Scott, if there was one. The cop says there was.

Shoot him in the back, shoot him in the front... who cares? As long as hes dead and never going to bother anyone again, its a win.

I agree, I just wish they would start targeting racist conservatives like you....shoot shoot and then shoot some more.
If there are conservatives committing violent crimes, i hope they get shot too. I will shed no tears for shit bags of any color.

You must be thinking of someone else. I try to be respectful to everyone, regardless of race, sex, religion, sexual orientation or political position. I ain't perfect, but I do my best.

Although I do seem to remember saying that your screen name complied with all known truth-in-packaging laws. :D

Forum List

Back