Spare a Minute for the Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the way the world works, the kids have to put up with the mistakes of their parents generation and try and put them right. The old people in the UK fucked over the young by voting to leave the EU, but also by having a PM that went to war, though I doubt anyone would have thought that Labour would have gone. The country is becoming a mess, the NHS is dying because of the Tories, their education is falling apart.
So the problem isn't the assholes that mass murder people, it's that people voted conservative. You're what's wrong with the world.
Hating on each other is only making it worse, iceweasel
How hateful. You are what you hate, you don't fool me. What I said it true so you think truth is hateful. Exactly the problem, your emotions run your life and you can't see down to road far enough to combat the real problem.
LOL You can't talk about "emotions." Who is using "hate" in every sentence? Not me.

Thousands of kids and young people in Manchester are waking up to a world that will never be quite the same. The veil of illusion that we walk safely through our day has been ripped away.
While some of you spend today hating on Muslims, Palestinians, Zionists, Democrats or Republicans, take a minute to think on all this planet's children. The children starving to death slowly, day by day, in their mothers' helpless arms. The children who have lost their parents to bombs and guns in the Middle East. The children who are being raised in hopelessness in refugee camps with no schools, no home, no future. The children being raised to hate. All victims of the world we have built them.
We are all making this world what it is. Only we can change it. Spend a minute today thinking of the ALL the children.

images

View attachment 128283

View attachment 128282

View attachment 128291

View attachment 128286

View attachment 128287

View attachment 128288
Taking "a moment" solves nothing. A USELESS emotional response to an attack on humanity.
If we don't take the time to think about what we're doing, we're not going to get where we want to go.
what makes you think the people in charge want to "get there?"

I hate the killing that happened last night and the organizations that promote it. Is bombing them as we've been doing for the past fifteen years working?

Typical for a lock-step leftist, you claim to hold views when you want to grandstand, but fail to ever apply them when given a specific opportunity.

You people defend the ideology and aims of those perpetrating the violence and then turn around and try to claim you hate the killing. Political correctness has rotted your brain and reduced you to nothing more than a series of set responses and automatic platitudes while rendering you incapable of noticing the enormous cognitive dissonance inherent in saying one thing but doing another.
? I simply asked people to think of the children. Some of ours got a hit last night. While we jump on our favorite bandwagon to promote our agenda of choice, I just ask that we think about something..... are we making things worse than they need to be?

I hate the killing that happened last night and the organizations that promote it. Is bombing them as we've been doing for the past fifteen years working?

Typical for a lock-step leftist, you claim to hold views when you want to grandstand, but fail to ever apply them when given a specific opportunity.

You people defend the ideology and aims of those perpetrating the violence and then turn around and try to claim you hate the killing. Political correctness has rotted your brain and reduced you to nothing more than a series of set responses and automatic platitudes while rendering you incapable of noticing the enormous cognitive dissonance inherent in saying one thing but doing another.
? I simply asked people to think of the children. Some of ours got a hit last night. While we jump on our favorite bandwagon to promote our agenda of choice, I just ask that we think about something..... are we making things worse than they need to be?
how would we make things worse?

Stopping the mass slaughter of innocent life is not an "agenda" lmao

We are all making this world what it is. Only we can change it. Spend a minute today thinking of the ALL the children.

Most of us DO think about and pray for ALL children. Thanks for the mini sermon.
Thank you, Compost, for taking a minute for the children. It's hard not to preach to some of the choir on a board as varied as this.
Uh huh. A minute? You are demanding that "we" change the world to save the children. You are wagging your finger at those you consider haters- obviously a very big and varied group.

I'm not in your choir. Railing against hate in general and all the suffering children everywhere is not doing anything to save anybody from attacks like this one in Manchester. We must acknowledge the hate, the evil, that seeks only to destroy . ISIS lunatics need to be removed to save the children.

Well that's the way the world works, the kids have to put up with the mistakes of their parents generation and try and put them right. The old people in the UK fucked over the young by voting to leave the EU, but also by having a PM that went to war, though I doubt anyone would have thought that Labour would have gone. The country is becoming a mess, the NHS is dying because of the Tories, their education is falling apart.
So the problem isn't the assholes that mass murder people, it's that people voted conservative. You're what's wrong with the world.
How hateful. You are what you hate, you don't fool me. What I said it true so you think truth is hateful. Exactly the problem, your emotions run your life and you can't see down to road far enough to combat the real problem.
LOL You can't talk about "emotions." Who is using "hate" in every sentence? Not me.
Not me, your posts are filled with passive aggressive hate. I pointed out that Frigid is full of shit by blaming people for voting conservative and then you piped up claiming I was hating on someone. You aren't remotely as clever as you think you are. Project your bullshit on someone else.

Thousands of kids and young people in Manchester are waking up to a world that will never be quite the same. The veil of illusion that we walk safely through our day has been ripped away.
While some of you spend today hating on Muslims, Palestinians, Zionists, Democrats or Republicans, take a minute to think on all this planet's children. The children starving to death slowly, day by day, in their mothers' helpless arms. The children who have lost their parents to bombs and guns in the Middle East. The children who are being raised in hopelessness in refugee camps with no schools, no home, no future. The children being raised to hate. All victims of the world we have built them.

images

View attachment 128283

View attachment 128282

View attachment 128291

View attachment 128286

View attachment 128287

View attachment 128288
Taking "a moment" solves nothing. A USELESS emotional response to an attack on humanity.
If we don't take the time to think about what we're doing, we're not going to get where we want to go.
Who puts those people in charge? You talk as if we have no say. We do.

images

View attachment 128283

View attachment 128282

View attachment 128291

View attachment 128286

View attachment 128287

View attachment 128288
Who puts those people in charge? You talk as if we have no say. We do.
But it wont change. Our congress has a 15% approval and over a 90% election rate. The duopoly runs everything.
Hell, we just had a corrupt thug and an incompetent billionaire as our two main choices.
Besides, you love the government..

Stopping the mass slaughter of innocent life is not an "agenda" lmao
Of course it is. No one said every agenda is wrong. However, those bombs dropping in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan are also creating slaughter there of their citizens. It is not a one way street. Is there any way we can ALSO start looking around the corner for ways to stop the hate without continuing to blow up people's homes and livelihoods?
Imagine a foreign power with a superior military were targeting a group inside our country. Were dropping bombs on their neighborhoods, the places they work, etc. The rest of us just want to live quietly. How are we feeling about the people bombing that group? That's why it wouldn't hurt to figure out if we can at some point STOP.

Not me, your posts are filled with passive aggressive hate. I pointed out that Frigid is full of shit by blaming people for voting conservative and then you piped up claiming I was hating on someone. You aren't remotely as clever as you think you are. Project your bullshit on someone else.
okay.

The biggest hardship with fighting terrorism, is it creates more. Its a vicious cycle. One that will never end.
I totally agree with OL on that one. However, being a pacifist wont help either. So what DO you do?

Take a moment and consider how many more of these attacks will happen before all Islamists are purged violently by citizens from Western civilized countries.

I bet I can count that number on 1 hand.

You did a lot more than that. Your post attempted to distract away from the horrific act committed against THESE children by indulging in a bunch of feel-good gobbblygook about all children, and did so in a way that tried to shift responsibility away from those who killed them and place it upon foreign policy. It's the old "blowback" narrative much favored by the non liberal portion of the left as a way to normalize terrorism through rationalization.

The truth of the matter is that children were killed by a Muslim who did so in order to intimidate the local population thus paving the way for the Islamic conquest of Britain. No amount of your singing Kumbaya will change that one iota.

You want to do something? For starters, try learning what the fuck is going on for a change.

The biggest hardship with fighting terrorism, is it creates more. Its a vicious cycle. One that will never end.
I totally agree with OL on that one. However, being a pacifist wont help either. So what DO you do?
I wasn't pushing pacifism. I kind of liked what Trump did in his speech to Muslims on Sunday. He showed them an alternative. He showed them what could be if they chose to stop supporting death and destruction, if they invested instead in growing their society in ways that would give opportunity to their kids, and peace. Now with ISIS and AQ and all these other organizations fighting all and sundry, that's not going to happen overnight or without some heads getting cracked. I know that.
Plan B can co-exist with eradicating a violent army bent on blowing up everyone who doesn't think like them. It doesn't require us to hate all Muslims. It doesn't require us to hate people with different ideas on how to approach this. I feel like SHIT at all the hate I've cracked open asking for a timeout to think of peace for our kids.
I'll not do this again, for sure.

Take a moment and consider how many more of these attacks will happen before all Islamists are purged violently by citizens from Western civilized countries.

I bet I can count that number on 1 hand.
? You think this attack will be the one that matters? How will they be purged? All Muslims or just all jihadists, and how can they tell? I'm interested.

I wasn't pushing pacifism. I kind of liked what Trump did in his speech to Muslims on Sunday. He showed them an alternative. He showed them what could be if they chose to stop supporting death and destruction, if they invested instead in growing their society in ways that would give opportunity to their kids, and peace. Now with ISIS and AQ and all these other organizations fighting all and sundry, that's not going to happen overnight or without some heads getting cracked. I know that.
Plan B can co-exist with eradicating a violent army bent on blowing up everyone who doesn't think like them. It doesn't require us to hate all Muslims. It doesn't require us to hate people with different ideas on how to approach this. I feel like SHIT at all the hate I've cracked open asking for a timeout to think of peace for our kids.
Im sorry but muslim hate is justified.
People like to shrug it off because they think western muslims are how the majority act/believe. Which is a bunch of malarkey.
They haven't changed their ways in over a millennia. They still stone women for getting raped FFS

People like to shrug it off because they think western muslims are how the majority act/believe. Which is a bunch of malarkey.
They haven't changed their ways in over a millennia. They still stone women for getting raped FFS
I just googled countries still using stoning as a punishment. From what I could be find it is the TERRORISTS -- Daesh, Taliban, etc. that are doing this despicable act, not your ordinary run of the mill Muslim. I hear nothing about this sort of behavior in the southeast Asian countries that are Muslim, either. Muslim hate is not justified.

I just googled countries still using stoning as a punishment. From what I could be find it is the TERRORISTS -- Daesh, Taliban, etc. that are doing this despicable act, not your ordinary run of the mill Muslim. I hear nothing about this sort of behavior in the southeast Asian countries that are Muslim, either. Muslim hate is not justified.
ummm try SA, Yemen, Iran Somalia and a couple others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back