Sponsors are dropping rush.

I'm listening right now. Just as many commercials as ever. On what do you base your assertion that there is no on-air advertising?
See post #812.

Perhaps they have some slots that need to cycle through.

Yeah, like all those new advertisers.

Either there is no on air advertising as you said, or there is on air advertising that we are all listening to. One or the other.

The newest campaign to hush Rush has fallen flat just like it does every time. Advertisers want that audience. They will pay to get it. They are.
I didn't make this up - I posted the memo from Premier Radio Networks.

First. you can stop the racist crap.

My racist crap? The fact remains that the House panel, advising on the Blunt amendment, consisted of six, middle aged, white men. Women were excluded from that august panel, in spite of it being their right to decide. BTW, so were the research doctors from The National Institutes of Health, who proposed that reproductive planning be part of the Health Insurance Reform Act, for reasons of good public policy.

Wingnuts have no problem pointing it out when some group or panel is all-Black, because that supposedly speaks to their motivation, but when you point out that some group or panel is all-White, you're spouting "racist crap".

Isn't that right, spoon-boy?
Ah yes...the race card. You lose.
So who says it's good public policy? A group of handpicked people who agree with the administration's agenda?
"Excluded" That term you deleiberatly took out of context.
By using "excluded" you implied a deliberate act. There is not only no proof of that, no one has even made a charge of exclusion.
And you can also cut out the racist bullshit.
Ain't that right, chicken girl?
BTW, anyone can go to Planned Parenthood or their primary care physician and get all the reproductive planning they want.
This issue goes nowhere. It's dead in the water.
Individual insurance carries and employer provided insurance will decide on this. Not the meddling intrusive government bureaucrats you lefties so adore.

My racist crap? The fact remains that the House panel, advising on the Blunt amendment, consisted of six, middle aged, white men. Women were excluded from that august panel, in spite of it being their right to decide. BTW, so were the research doctors from The National Institutes of Health, who proposed that reproductive planning be part of the Health Insurance Reform Act, for reasons of good public policy.

Wingnuts have no problem pointing it out when some group or panel is all-Black, because that supposedly speaks to their motivation, but when you point out that some group or panel is all-White, you're spouting "racist crap".

Isn't that right, spoon-boy?
Ah yes...the race card. You lose.

You played it. I just played you. :lol:

I guess the advertisers for Rush are getting their money's worth now. Everyone's listening to hear their ads almost more than the show itself.

I'm listening right now. Just as many commercials as ever. On what do you base your assertion that there is no on-air advertising?
See post #812.

Perhaps they have some slots that need to cycle through.
More of the same from Synthia.

Who're you gonna believe? Synthia or your lying ears?

fixed.gif

Who're you gonna believe? Premier Radio Networks or your lying ears?

I guess the advertisers for Rush are getting their money's worth now. Everyone's listening to hear their ads almost more than the show itself.

This is certainly turning out to be an unintended plum to competitors. Ordinarily a scheme to interfere in advertising and contractual relationships is big time actionable. Now it's been simply handed over!

What does Rush bring in for a year? $100m? Sooo....he loses 10% of his sponsors and would net $90m. Wow! Would I continue the show? I mean, I'm out $10m, hmmmmmmmm....

And, after two weeks, it may be forever.

Rush Limbaugh Syndicator Suspends Barter Ads From Broadcast For Two Weeks

Premier Networks, the company that syndicates "The Rush Limbaugh Show," has suspended a large chunk of the national advertising that runs on the program for two weeks, according to Radio-Info.com.

The moratorium applies specifically to a class of advertisements called "barter spots," which are normally run by local affiliate stations in exchange for the right to syndicate radio programming, such as Limbaugh's daily broadcast. However, "[t]his suspension does not apply to in-program commercials provided by Premiere within any of its live news/talk programming," Premiere's letter to affiliates notes.

The move comes during a tumultuous period for Limbaugh. The conservative pundit first came under fire in late February, when he called Sandra Fluke -- a Georgetown Law student who had been denied a chance to testify before a congressional hearing on contraception -- a "slut." After doubling down on his incendiary statements a flurry of advertiser defections quickly snowballed into a mass exodus.

Not even Premier is willing to cut off an audience of that size.

Duh, it depends on whether they can make money on a large audience of inbred, knuckle dragging, shallow-end-of-the-genepool mouth breathers. Sure, the wingnuts money is just as green as everyone elses, but if you owned that big a slice of talk radio, wouldn't you prefer to have a 24-55 audience market share?

It wasn't national spots that were cut either. The article admits it was local area ones. Compound that with the Huffo link, pretty funny.

Forum List

Back