Squashing The Ignorance. Republican Health Care Plans Exposed

Republican plans do not increase coverage significantly to include almost all Americans. Show us where.

The question is access, not quality or cost. Until you can guarantee access, the health insurance industry is going to continue to take us all for a ride.

show me where the democrat plan covers all americans too. You can't because both plans leave 10's of millions uninsured.

The claim is that GOP health plans are defective. That's what you have to defend against, plymco, and you haven't. Show the access that the GOP guarantees, please.

And do believe the GOP's last-ditch stand is going to result in a two-tier system, which three months I did not think was possible. It seems probable now.

The claim is that GOP health plans are defective. That's what you have to defend against, plymco, and you haven't. Show the access that the GOP guarantees, please.

No the claim was the GOP had no plan, which I debunked.

Show me the access that HR3962 guarantees (the democrat plan). Just direct me to the section of the bill that guarantees access and coverage and i'll read it for myself http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

These bills below would have made insurance more accessable, if you would like the full language of each bill just use this site THOMAS (Library of Congress) :

• H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
  • H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
  • H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
  • H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
  • H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
  • H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
  • H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
  • H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
  • H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

Last edited:
See, plymco, you are trying to deflect, and it does not work.

Heath care reform is going to pass, and it is going to be far more extensive than what I originally thought.

The GOP response is going to infuriate the majority of the electorate.

If they would get people back to work then maybe we could worry about health care and fixing those problems, but healthcare reform doesn't feed the hungry or house the homeless, Jobs do.

Very good. Now a round of applause for the situation that the Bush administration left. And why should we listen even for a minute to those that supported the people of the last administration, whose people were proclaiming the fundemental strength of the economy on the Sunday before Meltdown Monday?

2001 to 2007, the Republicans could have put into effect any health care plan that they wished to. They did nothing. They are for dothing nothing right now. All the lies in the world will not make up for that fact.

Very true. In 06 and 07 no Republicans cared enough.

Yes they have put plans down on paper. The timing is obviously a reaction to the fear the Democrats might get their plan though.

Kindest thing I have to say for the GOP on this one is they're trying to offer the lesser of two ideas they don't like (evidenced by their lack of support for reform during the "W" years).

The Republican plan is to let the insurance and pharma industry lobbyists write the bill.

See, plymco, you are trying to deflect, and it does not work.

Heath care reform is going to pass, and it is going to be far more extensive than what I originally thought.

The GOP response is going to infuriate the majority of the electorate.

Really you call this deflection?

Show me the access that HR3962 guarantees (the democrat plan). Just direct me to the section of the bill that guarantees access and coverage and i'll read it for myself http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

These bills below would have made insurance more accessable, if you would like the full language of each bill just use this site THOMAS (Library of Congress) :

• H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
  • H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
  • H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
  • H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
  • H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
  • H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
  • H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
  • H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
  • H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

I call your response to my challenge an AVOIDANCE of facts. You know that you won't be able to do so as the democrat bill does not do what you claimed, if it did you would have shown me and rubbed it in my face.

Typical.

Do you know what the irony in all this is, on the one side you have a party that has a long history of support for pro-choice and even has it in their party's platform. Then at the same time many would look the other way when that freedom to choose is denied to those that have every right to make the decisions on what is best for their lives. I find it very troubling that some would advocate for legislation that would create an entire new entity within the Federal Govt. to perform the same task that one performs now and do so at the expense of the one that is close to insolvent. Further, advocate taking money from that entity to act as seed money to get the other one started. All in the name of covering as many Americans as you can. I can go down to the local Kinkos and print a million cards that say you have healthcare converage, but using it is a totally different thing, especially if you don't have the money and no one is willing to accept it. While access to low cost , high quaility healthcare is what most everyone wants, THIS BILL IS NOT THE WAY TO GO ABOUT IT.

Having said all that, the other side is not much different, for years, the other side has advocated one thing and spent as wildly as the other. All the issues now, such as interstate sale of insurance much like the sale of any other item online could have been addressed at anytime.

If you or anyone else wants true healthcare reform a massive, bill that spends money this nation does not have, and you can spare me the deficit neutral talk because everyone knows thats not going to happen, and helps lead to this nations bankruptcy, lower quality healthcare, and contributes to even more unemployment is NOT HEALTHCARE REFORM. This is only a bill for a BIG W for the TEAM. So can we set aside out jerseys for a moment and talk about real healthcare reform that addresses the needs of people rather than a massive spending bill that has little to do with reform. Want to know why this bill is going to fail, it's simple, first, this bill as well as the others basic premise is to bring young healthy people into the system through mandates as an offset for those with pre-existing condition. However, the cost of the penalty is less than 10% of the actual cost of getting healthcare coverage. so what do you think these young people are going to do? That leaves just those with pre-existing conditions and those that are seeking to use the system. The bill also mandates literlally billions in unfunded mandates to states in medicade costs, so what do you think these states are going to do when faced with the real possibilityin some cases of unfunded mandates to their state budgets in the billions, thats right they will opt out of the program because they cannot afford it. Then what will happen is lawsuits will be filed based on equal protection issues and the SCOTUS will be forced to choose between bankrupting a state or ignoring the constitution. With billions of cuts in rates of repayments, how many doctors do you think are going to rush to accept this methof of payment? Here is perhaps the most Ironic thing about this bill, those mean nasty insurance companies that everyone seems to think are so bad, well just who do you think is going to manage all this? Surely you don't think the Govt. actually runs Medicare?

Here is the bottom line, if those that wanted reform really wanted it this would be a very simple issue, eliminate the age restriction in Medicare completely. Then find a method by which you can sustain those new people who wish to purchase it, such as a VAT on fuel in combination with a basic policy structure. For example, if your a young person, allow for the purchase of a Medicare catastrophic insurance policy at 25.00 a month and thats a random number but if someone can afford a cell phone then they can afford this. Additional things that can be done is allow for the purcahse of Insurance policies across state lines, it would seem to me that if someone in Arizona can sit in their home and buy a TV from China then they should be able to buy insurance from Alabama. The bottom line though is this, if people really wanted reform then they would work for it rather than simply place a blinder on and advocate for something that abandons principles held by their very own party for decades.

Yep, give credit for lack of consistency to the right wing as well as the left wing.

How much did they talk about health care in the last eight years?
This much:

None. Srew the republicans. They helped the insurance companies screw us over.

YouTube - A health care plan for America

here is a list of the bills the republicans introduced that the dems have shut down

Republican Health Care Plans shot down by the Democrat congress

H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
H.R. 1891 Sunset of Life Protection Act
H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
H.R. 3218 Improving Health Care for All Americans Act
H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
H.R. 3821 Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3822 Improved Access to Employer Financed Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3823 Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act
H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

Rooting Out Waste, Fraud, Abuse and Enhancing Transparency

H.R. 27 Medicare Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Act
R. 203 Medicare Fraud Prevention Act
H.R. 2249 Health Care Price Transparency Promotion Act
H.R. 2785 Health Care Paperwork Reduction and Fraud Prevention Act

Medical Liability Reform

H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
H.R. 1468 Medical Justice Act
H.R. 2787 Medical Liability Procedural Reform Act
H.R. 2975 Medical Practice Protection Act
H.R. 3372 Health Care Over Use Reform Today Act

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3468 Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act

Preserving Doctor/Patient Relationship

H.R. 2516 Medical Rights Act
H.R. 3002 Patients Act

The GOP should have proposed these bills when they were in charge.

And, every one of these bills has flaws/loopholes in them that mean these bills suck balls. If you haven't read each and every one of these bills as I have, you are naive and wrong.

The GOP, however, was not about health care reform, but rather about health care profit.

The GOP hatred for the common man has to be put to a stop, permanently.

How much did they talk about health care in the last eight years?
This much:

None. Srew the republicans. They helped the insurance companies screw us over.

You mean Bush didn't sign Medicare part D into law? You idiots dismiss everything because of your hatred.

Ouch the truths gotta hurt Zona.....OOPS :lol:

The bills are all from january 2009 or later though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back