SSM. Seeking middle ground

No, it's in your head.

And soon the societal norm.

Same sex heterosexual marriage will come first. Any argument why it can't!
:rolleyes: That isn't incest.

So then, no argument, you agree, same sex heterosexual marriage will be legal if the USSC rules in favor of same sex marriage?

Just want to be clear
It should be, yes. But you have been pretending this will lead to incest being legalized or some such nonsense.

Ok, so two same sex heterosexual siblings might wish to ener a marriage contract simply for the tax breaks, married couple insurance and such.

What would you deny them that benefit since they are hetrosexual? They engage in sex with those of the opposite sex (and there is nothing in marriage law to stop them from dating)

The traditional meaning of incest is sexual in nature. These are straight siblings. They don't.

There's really no reason to deny them and the state would have to prove a compelling reason.

What would that be?
You should read my post again. There is no compelling reason. I said it should be legal for two heterosexuals to marry. That isn't incest.

No demographics does not mean incest. Your paradox is self made.

I knew it was probably over your head.
No, it's in your head.

The sun can explode tomorrow. Does not mean it's gonna happen.

Explain why? It will be legal you understand, Right?
No. Incest is illegal. A ruling that blocks states from banning gay marriage does not apply to incest.

So then, no argument, you agree, same sex heterosexual marriage will be legal if the USSC rules in favor of same sex marriage?

Just want to be clear
It should be, yes. But you have been pretending this will lead to incest being legalized or some such nonsense.

Ok, so two same sex heterosexual siblings might wish to ener a marriage contract simply for the tax breaks, married couple insurance and such.

What would you deny them that benefit since they are hetrosexual? They engage in sex with those of the opposite sex (and there is nothing in marriage law to stop them from dating)

The traditional meaning of incest is sexual in nature. These are straight siblings. They don't.

There's really no reason to deny them and the state would have to prove a compelling reason.

What would that be?
You should read my post again. There is no compelling reason. I said it should be legal for two heterosexuals to marry. That isn't incest.

The USSC will decide that issue, which will allow heterosexual same sex marriage as well. It must. That far we agree.

The same argument used to allow same sex heterosexual marriage, will be used so that same sex heterosexual sibling marriage. It appears you agree with me on that also.

I don't want to be accused of misrepresenting your view. So far all the above will be legal at some time (if challenged in court of course).

Same sex marriage, gay or straight

Same sex sibling heterosexual marriage.

The above would be legal?

I knew it was probably over your head.
No, it's in your head.

No. Incest is illegal. A ruling that blocks states from banning gay marriage does not apply to incest.

Until tested

Pop23 cannot argue similarity of incestuous marriage with marriage equality: just doesn't work.

Civil Unions, as substitutes, are off the table because you asses turned you back on it ten years ago.

Marriage Equality is going to happen. Pop, you can work for incestuous marriage all you want. Go for it.

No, it's in your head.

Until tested
Incest has already been tested. It's illegal.

Just want to be clear

What would that be?

The USSC will decide that issue, which will allow heterosexual same sex marriage as well. It must. That far we agree.

The same argument used to allow same sex heterosexual marriage, will be used so that same sex heterosexual sibling marriage. It appears you agree with me on that also.

I don't want to be accused of misrepresenting your view. So far all the above will be legal at some time (if challenged in court of course).

It should be.

Until tested

Keep thinking in the past

Until tested

You're demanding that gay marriage will lead to incest... and you think I'm the one thinking in the past? Sigh..

Just want to be clear

What would that be?

It should be.

Then we need to address homosexual same sex siblings. I guess there is the issue that they may have sex, but honestly, they probably would seek a marriage benefit for the same reason as the heterosexual siblings would, that being the financial benefits that come with marriage. And let's face it, if they had sex, they're not going to produce a defective child.

In both this and straight siblings, they can reap the benefits of marriage, and nothing stops them from dating others until they find someone who they actually want to spend the rest of their lives with.

I don't see a compelling state interest in denying these couples the benefits of marriage, you?

So, are we in agreement that homosexual same sex marriage is just as likely to be allowed as straight same sex sibling marriage?

Until tested

You're demanding that gay marriage will lead to incest... and you think I'm the one thinking in the past? Sigh..

Trolling, trolling over the ocean blue....

Pop23 cannot argue similarity of incestuous marriage with marriage equality: just doesn't work.

Civil Unions, as substitutes, are off the table because you asses turned you back on it ten years ago.

Marriage Equality is going to happen. Pop, you can work for incestuous marriage all you want. Go for it.

You do a terrible Howard Cossell

Until tested

Trolling, trolling over the ocean blue....
Who's trolling who again?

What would that be?

It should be.

Then we need to address homosexual same sex siblings. I guess there is the issue that they may have sex, but honestly, they probably would seek a marriage benefit for the same reason as the heterosexual siblings would, that being the financial benefits that come with marriage. And let's face it, if they had sex, they're not going to produce a defective child.

In both this and straight siblings, they can reap the benefits of marriage, and nothing stops them from dating others until they find someone who they actually want to spend the rest of their lives with.

I don't see a compelling state interest in denying these couples the benefits of marriage, you?

So, are we in agreement that homosexual same sex marriage is just as likely to be allowed as straight same sex sibling marriage?
Sure....and it still isn't incest. Jebus.

"Then we need to address..........." :blahblah:

^ that's not how the law works...

Pop23 any individuals in that position are certainly free to petition their state for equal treatment.

the state will THEN provide a rationale to deny them, or not...

What would that be?

It should be.

Sure....and it still isn't incest. Jebus.

Next, an opposite sex sibling couple, unable to procreate want to marry. They want to marry for a variety of financial reasons, same as above. They also, like the gay siblings don't necessarily want to have sex, but even if they do, they can't produce defective children.

There really is no compelling state interest to stop them fro marrying?

Forum List

Back