Stand up to abortion and remain tax free!

After legal fees/costs, I wonder if it wouldn’t have been cheaper to pay the damn taxes.

Hmmm-

The Oregonian/OregonLive reported Thursday the judge ruled that the government failed to provide evidence that Michael Bowman tried to conceal or mislead government officials. Prosecutors accused Bowman of not filing an accurate tax return since at least 1997.

Bowman said he's been up front with the Internal Revenue Service, refusing to file a return or pay taxes since 1999 without some accommodation afforded to him for religious beliefs.

The charge was dismissed without prejudice, meaning prosecutors could seek a new indictment. Assistant U.S Attorney Donna Maddux said the government is considering options.

Bowman still faces four misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file tax returns.

Read more here: Charge dropped for man who won't file taxes citing religion

Hmmm-

The Oregonian/OregonLive reported Thursday the judge ruled that the government failed to provide evidence that Michael Bowman tried to conceal or mislead government officials. Prosecutors accused Bowman of not filing an accurate tax return since at least 1997.

Bowman said he's been up front with the Internal Revenue Service, refusing to file a return or pay taxes since 1999 without some accommodation afforded to him for religious beliefs.

The charge was dismissed without prejudice, meaning prosecutors could seek a new indictment. Assistant U.S Attorney Donna Maddux said the government is considering options.

Bowman still faces four misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file tax returns.

Not exactly what the OP is claiming then.

Actually the guy did according to the link he supplied from the Miami Herald-

He says it’s because his Christian ideals don’t allow him to pay into a system that funds abortions. In a YouTube video explainer of his defense, he likened paying taxes that then go toward funding abortions to German citizens under Nazi rule who outed Jewish citizens, sending them to their deaths.

And according to The Associated Press, he beat the feds in courtthis week.

Read more here: He refuses to pay taxes because he opposes abortions. He just beat the feds in court

Hmmm-

How much could citizen Michael Bowman possibly owe the freaking federal government to turn it into federal case? Thanks in part to the "Maverick" GOP senator John McCain, tycoon George Soros's gigantic propaganda empire Media Matters is exempt from taxation without having to go to court..

He says it’s because his Christian ideals don’t allow him to pay into a system that funds abortions. In a YouTube video explainer of his defense, he likened paying taxes that then go toward funding abortions to German citizens under Nazi rule who outed Jewish citizens, sending them to their deaths.

Read more here: He refuses to pay taxes because he opposes abortions. He just beat the feds in court

Hmmm-

But not because of his stand on abortion.

Hmmm-

Lock him up

“A woman has the right to choose, but apparently, the prosecutor feels I do not,” Michael Bowman told the court.

As Americans across the nation scramble to file their tax returns next week, one Oregon man is fighting that requirement in court, claiming his Christian beliefs about abortion bar him from paying his taxes.

Michael Bowman has refused to file a tax return or pay income tax since at least 1999 because he doesn’t want his tax dollars to go toward abortions, The Oregonian reports.

“I’m not a tax protester. I love my country. I have a duty to my country. I have a duty to my conscience,” Bowman told The Oregonian.

Federal law already prohibits the use of federal funds to pay for abortion, except in cases of rape, incest or to save a woman’s life. And courts have previously ruled that the government’s right to collect taxes supersedes individuals’ religious or anti-war objections to paying them.

More: Oregon Man Refuses To Pay Taxes Based On Religious Beliefs About Abortion

Just another religious loony trying to avoid taxes. Religion is already tax-exempt. What if we all tried to pick and choose what we pay taxes for? What do you think?

“A woman has the right to choose, but apparently, the prosecutor feels I do not,” Michael Bowman told the court.

As Americans across the nation scramble to file their tax returns next week, one Oregon man is fighting that requirement in court, claiming his Christian beliefs about abortion bar him from paying his taxes.

Michael Bowman has refused to file a tax return or pay income tax since at least 1999 because he doesn’t want his tax dollars to go toward abortions, The Oregonian reports.

“I’m not a tax protester. I love my country. I have a duty to my country. I have a duty to my conscience,” Bowman told The Oregonian.

Federal law already prohibits the use of federal funds to pay for abortion, except in cases of rape, incest or to save a woman’s life. And courts have previously ruled that the government’s right to collect taxes supersedes individuals’ religious or anti-war objections to paying them.

Just another religious loony trying to avoid taxes. Religion is already tax-exempt. What if we all tried to pick and choose what we pay taxes for? What do you think?

I see a very small room in his future.

This would be a civil war I'd enjoy seeing ... a taxpayer revolt.

Stop feeding the beast.

“Michael Bowman has refused to file a tax return or pay income tax since at least 1999 because he doesn’t want his tax dollars to go toward abortions.”

Using this ‘reasoning’ one shouldn’t be compelled to pay Federal income tax because funding air strikes in Syria violates his religious beliefs.

Hmmm-

Nazis, that is exactly what they are.

I wonder how many will hop on the bandwagon.

“Michael Bowman has refused to file a tax return or pay income tax since at least 1999 because he doesn’t want his tax dollars to go toward abortions.”

Using this ‘reasoning’ one shouldn’t be compelled to pay Federal income tax because funding air strikes in Syria violates his religious beliefs.
My religion prohibits providing cash to individuals who lie, palter or prevaricate more than 100 times in a four year period. Can I refrain from paying federal taxes on that basis? I sure hope so. ;)

giphy.gif

Well, answer me this! If California can refuse to obey federal law why can’t this citizen?

Forum List

Back