Star player removed from team, no girls allowed!

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
11 year old girl, one of the star players on her football team was told she wasn't allowed to play, because football is a boys only sport.

'More than able to hold her own,' girl gets boot from Catholic football league - CNN.com

Now, I can actually agree with the premise behind the rule, somewhat. However, I don't see there is much difference in pre-pubescent children to warrent the rule. When I was 11, I was the tallest kid in my class, and I played (and kicked butt) football with both boys and girls.

I say let her play, at least for another year:)

Yeah I was the tallest person in the class at 11. I would get picked over many boys in PE.

Exactly, it isn't until puberty that boys start to pack it on. The article says the league has employed a panel, which includes pediatricians, to make a recommendation if the rule should be changed, hopefully they find in favor of the girl:)

11 year old girl, one of the star players on her football team was told she wasn't allowed to play, because football is a boys only sport.

'More than able to hold her own,' girl gets boot from Catholic football league - CNN.com

Now, I can actually agree with the premise behind the rule, somewhat. However, I don't see there is much difference in pre-pubescent children to warrent the rule. When I was 11, I was the tallest kid in my class, and I played (and kicked butt) football with both boys and girls.

Should boys be allowed to try out for girls' basketball teams, then?

Should boys be allowed to try out for girls' basketball teams, then?

If they are little kids, sure:)

Cheerleader_pyramid.JPG

So rather then inform her now she can not play you would let her play another year before you told her not any more? How nice of you.

So rather then inform her now she can not play you would let her play another year before you told her not any more? How nice of you.
:rolleyes:

I think girls should be allowed to participate in little league football teams.

She's been allowed to finish out this year, and she should be allowed to play next year, but at the 13-14 age range you're no longer little kids and should not be allowed to play for her safety as well as for fairness to the boys.

She's been allowed to finish out this year, and she should be allowed to play next year, but at the 13-14 age range you're no longer little kids and should not be allowed to play for her safety as well as for fairness to the boys.

She can fight and die for this Country but can't play football? I thought the party line was that there is no pressing difference between the sexes?

In my opinion all non coed sports and any the disabled cannot all play together.....should end.

the financial burden of keeping it up on the tax dime is just a waste of money now

She can fight and die for this Country but can't play football? I thought the party line was that there is no pressing difference between the sexes?
Bring in the drama llama.

Yeah I was the tallest person in the class at 11. I would get picked over many boys in PE.

My wife was the same way, right through high school. :) She was the best baseball player in the school...played first base (she's a southpaw) and pitched. In Senior League (age 13-15), she was one of the better players in the state despite being one of the youngest! (The cutoff for figuring age groups is June 30, her birthday is July 4.)

Last edited:
They say this is the best little league baseball (not softball) player in the country....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-glsCZMTe8]Chelsea Baker: One of Little League's Best Pitchers - YouTube[/ame]

She's gonna break the gender line in MLB. Two perfect games in one year and four straight years without losing a single game... :eek:

Might have read it in Sports Illustrated a few years ago, a story about a college guy, small school I think, who decided to test the school's sports gender rules by trying out for the women's field hockey team. Stymied officials realized the potential for sex discrimination allegations, suits, etc., but thought they might have a way out of the mess once the talented player made the team. They assumed he'd request to play in something other than the teams standard uniform, which included a cute pleated skirt. And then they would simply deny the request and the problem would be solved because no guy would wanna take the field wearing a pleated skirt, right?

Wrong. He actually looked quite dashing...er, handsome in the story's photo of him dashing along the pitch, skirt aflutter, revealing just as much inviting thigh as his teammates' skirts.

Never saw any follow-up though.

Forum List

Back