Star Trek Discovery

Does anyone know anything about this show? I came across it on Wiki and it says it's set for airing on CBS All Access (whatever that is). It only lists one episode with no airing date. The CBS says it's in production @ www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/news/

Queer Trek? Yeah, it's a guaranteed turkey. When pushing the lefts political agenda is the basis for a show, entertainment will be lost.

Does anyone know anything about this show? I came across it on Wiki and it says it's set for airing on CBS All Access (whatever that is). It only lists one episode with no airing date. The CBS says it's in production @ www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/news/

I was excited about this when they first confirmed it would be made, because Bryan Fuller was the showrunner. However, he has since left the production, so now I'm unsure whether to be hopeful. I know that one of the stars is supposed to be Sonequa Martin-Green, who plays Sasha on The Walking Dead.

CBS All Access is CBS's streaming service.

Queer Trek? Yeah, it's a guaranteed turkey. When pushing the lefts political agenda is the basis for a show, entertainment will be lost.
You are one miserable bastard aren't you

It's PC Star Trek for the same-sex attracted crowd.

I believe the first episode is scheduled to air on broadcast television with all other episodes "airing" on CBS All Access which is, if I'm not mistaken, a pay for thing...

Fuck them if it is. I pay for Internet, I pay for cable, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to watch television on the Internet...

Star Trek has always ruffled conservative snowflake feathers. Nobody expects you not to cry about it.

Star Trek has always ruffled conservative snowflake feathers. Nobody expects you not to cry about it.
I love TOS, TNG was way too PC for me now even though I was OC at the time.
As I grew up I realized why major conflicts were eternal...they were a bunch of PC pussies.

No doubt you will be one of the 15 dedicated viewers of the show.

[
I love TOS, TNG was way too PC for me now even though I was OC at the time.
As I grew up I realized why major conflicts were eternal...they were a bunch of PC pussies.

I didn't mind TNG, and really liked DS9. Voyager was a bit hard to take. I thought Enterprise was better than it got credit for.

But this time they have jumped the shark, they are defiling the franchise.

Never been into Star Trek. But if it bunches your panties up so badly, there must be something good about it.

Never been into Star Trek. But if it bunches your panties up so badly, there must be something good about it.

It is irrelevant save for the disgrace of it having an honored name. It is a web only show, which means they will shoot all 10 episodes, despite the fact that it will be a major flop. It will not appeal to Trek fans, and as you illustrate, most fascists have no interest in the series. In the end, it appeals to no one, but the gay lobby...

It is irrelevant save for the disgrace of it having an honored name. It is a web only show, which means they will shoot all 10 episodes, despite the fact that it will be a major flop. It will not appeal to Trek fans, and as you illustrate, most fascists have no interest in the series. In the end, it appeals to no one, but the gay lobby...

Why won't it appeal to Trek fans? Just because it has a gay character? Because it is on All Access?

It's a the first series developed for CBS All Access a new pay service featuring new and old CBS series plus new content. As I understand it, Star Trek Discover with debut the first 13 episodes on CBS Television in the fall but you'll have to subscribe to CBS All Access for further episodes, pretty tricky.

I think the new series is going to cover the time period before the original Star Trek tv series.

Why won't it appeal to Trek fans? Just because it has a gay character? Because it is on All Access?

To start with.. The CBS service is a pay service that has commercials and uses and antiquated streaming technology that ensures lots of buffering and crappy playback.

We already did a reboot of Star Trek on the big screen, so the path to success on TV is to recreate what made TOS and TNG successful. A dynamic captain and crew with a regard for the physics involved in space travel. Discovery is a disaster on all these fronts, another prequel that unlike Enterprise, ignores the why and how of space to try and pump up the action.

This show has no chance.

To start with.. The CBS service is a pay service that has commercials and uses and antiquated streaming technology that ensures lots of buffering and crappy playback.

We already did a reboot of Star Trek on the big screen, so the path to success on TV is to recreate what made TOS and TNG successful. A dynamic captain and crew with a regard for the physics involved in space travel. Discovery is a disaster on all these fronts, another prequel that unlike Enterprise, ignores the why and how of space to try and pump up the action.

This show has no chance.

Perhaps it will be as you describe, but you seem to know an awful lot about it for a show which hasn't aired yet and just began filming a couple of months ago.

I've liked every show Bryan Fuller has created (that has made it past the pilot). Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, and Hannibal were all excellent IMO. I'm hoping that Discovery will continue to use Fuller's vision for the show because of his previous work, but he's no longer in control of things. On the other hand, now I'm excited for American Gods, which Fuller is heading up. :)

Oh, and what makes you say Star Trek is particularly concerned with the physics of space travel? The shows and movies have always suffered from the same small scale that sci fi films generally do; in order to show space battles up close, the writers tend to ignore the vast distances involved and incredible speeds which must be attained. I don't doubt Discovery does the same, but why do you call it a disaster regarding the physics of space travel? Again I have to question how you seem to know so much about a show that is started filming just 2 months ago.

This show has no chance.

Perhaps it will be as you describe, but you seem to know an awful lot about it for a show which hasn't aired yet and just began filming a couple of months ago.

I've liked every show Bryan Fuller has created (that has made it past the pilot). Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies, and Hannibal were all excellent IMO. I'm hoping that Discovery will continue to use Fuller's vision for the show because of his previous work, but he's no longer in control of things. On the other hand, now I'm excited for American Gods, which Fuller is heading up. :)

Oh, and what makes you say Star Trek is particularly concerned with the physics of space travel? The shows and movies have always suffered from the same small scale that sci fi films generally do; in order to show space battles up close, the writers tend to ignore the vast distances involved and incredible speeds which must be attained. I don't doubt Discovery does the same, but why do you call it a disaster regarding the physics of space travel? Again I have to question how you seem to know so much about a show that is started filming just 2 months ago.

Bryan Fuller left the show.

Forum List

Back