🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

I will continue buying coffee from Starbucks. As I understand it the owners of Starbucks are Jewish. If that is the case, they celebrate Hanukkah and not Christmas. Jesus was not born on December 25th. Not even close. The holiday has its origins in paganism and was picked up later by the Roman Catholic Church. I am not Catholic, neither were the early Christians. The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas. I'm fine with the idea of calling it God's day because every day belongs to him. I'm fine with giving gifts to children, to the poor during the holiday because it glorifies God. I could care less about Joshua's campaign. It has nothing to do with God other than working against Him and making Christians sound like petulant children. Joshua needs to research the history of Christmas, "Santa", "St. Nick", and grow up.

If you have an issue with what's on the outside of a cup of coffee then you're a moron. End of discussion.

I will continue buying coffee from Starbucks. As I understand it the owners of Starbucks are Jewish. If that is the case, they celebrate Hanukkah and not Christmas. Jesus was not born on December 25th. Not even close. The holiday has its origins in paganism and was picked up later by the Roman Catholic Church. I am not Catholic, neither were the early Christians. The early Christians did not celebrate Christmas. I'm fine with the idea of calling it God's day because every day belongs to him. I'm fine with giving gifts to children, to the poor during the holiday because it glorifies God. I could care less about Joshua's campaign. It has nothing to do with God other than working against Him and making Christians sound like petulant children. Joshua needs to research the history of Christmas, "Santa", "St. Nick", and grow up.
I don't mind that you're crazy as a loon. Sane is boring and WAY overrated. You should post more just for entertainment.

12190889_10153074951816268_1848678873471950537_n.jpg

I don't patronize Starbucks which is probably why I don't see what's wrong with the problem's obvious solution of just asking for coffee without the cup.

If there is a war on Christmas, it is not being waged by Starbucks or by stores who want their employees to say "Happy Holidays".

It is being waged by pseudo-christians who think the design on a cardboard coffee cup is worth fighting over, but an abused child is not.

People all across the nation are living on the streets. They are fighting drug addictions. Children are spending their entire childhood in foster homes. Senior citizens are in retirement homes praying for a visitor. Women are staying in abusive situations because they think they have no choice. Children are going to bed hungry. You want to put Christ back into Christmas? Help someone. Spend some time with someone who needs to talk. Make your coffee at home and donate the difference between what it costs and what Starbucks charges. But spare us this faux-victim routine.

You think Jesus gives a rats ass about there not being snowflakes on an overpriced luxury drink cup is a problem?? Or do you think he cares about how we treat each other?

Oh, and if you think a solution to the problem is to spend money at Starbucks and "trick" the minimum wage counter clerk into saying "Merry Christmas", you are not only part of the problem, you are supporting your enemy and acting like a 12 year old.
Thank you, that is absolutely spot on.

Those Missouri Black students don't know what real repression is until their Starbucks coffee cups are used in an anti Black Crusade like is being done with Christians ....

Christians just need to spend Christmas doing what it was began for. Celebrating the birth of Christ. Forget buying gifts, celebrate with family and friends.

The economy would self-destruct.
Probably, but why should we spend money at places we are hated?

How does serving drinks in red cups translate into a message of hate?
Their employees are told they cannot say merry Christmas.

Let's not get carried away, they profess a love for Christ but you're going too far when you suggest actually putting His words into action. Seems they believe in believing, not doing.

That stuff about loving the poor is not meant to be taken literal...only the Talking Snake part is literal...

Their employees are told they cannot say merry Christmas.

Dear Starbucks:

Make sure your cups celebrate my religious holidays. Only mine. Definitely don’t celebrate any Muslim holidays..censor those bastards ....Yours in Christ and Coffee beans ...and as for your Happy Holidays what kind of abuse is that to heap on good Christians ...have you no decency

...and those Missouri Black students are just overly sensitive by the way

I personally don't care. Starbucks had the right to not sell anything Christmas the same way a baker has a right to not make fag cakes.
Their loss. Starbucks is usually on my Christmas shopping list, but if they're going to join the War on Christmas, I'll cross them off the list.
Oh, I'm sure they are gonna miss you.
It's been hard. I drive by and....we can't even look at each other.

The real controversy is calling that shit coffee.
Ordinarily I'd agree with you. But in the last few years they brought in the Clover machines.

Single cup brewed. Perfectly hot. So fresh the coffee bean oil floats on the top. And only $3.00 for a grande.
That's exactly my point. They char their beans, that's why there's so much oil. People think burnt beans are gormet.

It's called a dark roast. You are able to get a lighter roast if you wish.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. But in the last few years they brought in the Clover machines.

Single cup brewed. Perfectly hot. So fresh the coffee bean oil floats on the top. And only $3.00 for a grande.
That's exactly my point. They char their beans, that's why there's so much oil. People think burnt beans are gormet.
Not me, their beans suck. But if you order a latte, capacino, etc. you get the charred stuff by default. It masks the fact that the beans are low grade.

Not me, their beans suck. But if you order a latte, capacino, etc. you get the charred stuff by default. It masks the fact that the beans are low grade.

Because lattes, cappuccinos and espresso are traditional Italian drinks. Italian coffee is dark roasted. Try reading the menu.

Forum List

Back