🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

Ordinarily I'd agree with you. But in the last few years they brought in the Clover machines.

Single cup brewed. Perfectly hot. So fresh the coffee bean oil floats on the top. And only $3.00 for a grande.
That's exactly my point. They char their beans, that's why there's so much oil. People think burnt beans are gormet.
It's called a dark roast. You are able to get a lighter roast if you wish.
Not me, their beans suck. But if you order a latte, capacino, etc. you get the charred stuff by default. It masks the fact that the beans are low grade.

Because lattes, cappuccinos and espresso are traditional Italian drinks. Italian coffee is dark roasted. Try reading the menu.
I roast my own beans, asshole. Dark doesn't have to mean charred.
It isn't charred. The reason the flavor is intense is because of the bean selection, the roasting process, and sealing the flavor in. Arabica coffees use a much more detailed process and the end product is worth paying for.

Persecuted is your word, idiot. Undermined would be the more appropriate word; and her opinion isn't unmerited.
I understand that you feel everyone has an obligation to support your Religion ...but only your Religion....no crescent moon on the Coffee cups....because ...Jesus LOL

Tee hee hee lets get Starbucks to put a crescent moon on their cups to see wing nut heads doing 360 s

You don't understand anything (least of which that religion doesn't need to be capitalized). You are arguing against arguments I haven't been making. Nice try, bozo.
you do not make arguments you whine ...poor Christian whine you are persecuted Black folks are faking persecution....

Libs love to create controversy while pretending they are above it all.

Just shut your yap and serve coffee in a fugly red cup douchebags. No one needs to "make up their own stories".

God the PC crowd are annoying.
What a riot. It's the PC right that is whining that there is no snowflake on the Starbuck's cups.
Only because Starbucks issued a "statement" as to why their cups are just red.

Joshua Feuerstein is the Christian extremists' version of Alex Jones. I would hope that most conservative Christians aren't buying into his nonsense. What do snowflakes and reindeer have to do with the birth of the Christ child anyway? I think sometimes westerners, particularly Americans, forget that Christmas is celebrated all over different parts of the world, many places where it's summer time in December. No snow, folks. It's got dick to do with the holiday. Their new cup design, however, is certainly indicative of the holiday. If you can't deal with that, well, don't go to Starbucks then.

As an agnostic I don't have a problem in general with people having their religious beliefs, but when Christians start whining about how atheists, agnostics, and others have a problem with them, well, look no further than asshats like Feuerstein to understand why.

One doesn't have to adopt the far right position to believe that Starbucks is being lame. How innocuous can they be? The VP's message is basically dismissive of the Christmas culture and reeks of pretentiousness. Why does Starbucks even feel a need to do anything special for the holidays if they're indeed going to do nothing special?
Exactly. They are full of shit.

Just shut your yap and serve coffee in a fugly red cup douchebags. No one needs to "make up their own stories".

What a riot. It's the PC right that is whining that there is no snowflake on the Starbuck's cups.
uh, no

"If I become president, we're all going to be saying Merry Christmas again, that I can tell you." T-Rump
nazisanta.jpg

You vill say Merry Christmas und you will like it.....

nazi-santa.gif

uh, no
Um... yes. Otherwise I wouldn't even know about this crap. Duh.

uh, no
Um... yes. Otherwise I wouldn't even know about this crap. Duh.
:rolleyes:

If you have an issue with what's on the outside of a cup of coffee then you're a moron. End of discussion.

What matters to me is what is on the inside of the cup, Rothstein. Great coffee. I do not expect Starbucks to wish me anything other than to have a nice day.

As for the holiday - those who are troubled by it can arrange to send Christmas carolers to the Starbucks in their local neighborhood and sing to the customers - We wish you a Merry Christmas. It's free entertainment and everyone is happy.

Problem solved.
Just how far off the reservation have some people wandered considering Jeremiah doesn't think it's a big deal.

Last edited:
This is hilarious.
To sum up;
Starbucks have recognised the Christian festival of Christmas by changing the colour of their cups...which they don't do for any other religious celebration...and Christians are upset because the cups don't have a cartoon snowflake on them.

The recommended form of 'protest' is to go into Starbucks and buy a coffee.

wait until they come out with a Rainbow cup before freaking out......help we are being persecuted by Baristas from Hell itself...same place that created the "theory of Evolution"

While I am not a religious man, I have understood the complaints of some conservatives over the past few years of department stores and other business bending over to political correctness by saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. After all, it is the Christmas season that gives all of these retailers their end of year push so the way I look at it, don't bite the hand that feeds you. However, this year's "War on Christmas" has reached a new level of insanity.

The sight of red cups being handed out at Starbucks usually signifies the “most wonderful time of the year” is underway, but this year’s holiday season at Starbucks is already being marred by a red cup controversy.

While red cups of Starbucks past have featured holiday symbols like reindeer and ornaments, this year’s cup is plain.

When the cup was unveiled earlier this month, the coffee chain described it as having a, “two-toned ombré design, with a bright poppy color on top that shades into a darker cranberry below.”

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of design and content, said in a news release announcing the cup. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”

Ever since the 2015 cup was released in U.S. and Canada stores Nov. 1, Starbucks customers have taken to the Internet to say they do not like the cup's “purity of design,” as Fields called it.

Joshua Feuerstein, who identifies himself as an “American evangelist, Internet and social media personality” on his website, posted a video on Facebook about the Starbucks cup that has been shared nearly 500,000 times.

In the video, the Arizona-based Feuerstein says he told baristas in a Starbucks that his name was Merry Christmas so they would write Merry Christmas on the red cup.

“I think in the age of political correctness we’ve become so open minded our brains have literally fallen out of our head,” Feuerstein says in the video. “I decided instead of simply boycotting, well why don’t we just start a movement.”

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

Joshua Feuerstein is the Christian extremists' version of Alex Jones. I would hope that most conservative Christians aren't buying into his nonsense. What do snowflakes and reindeer have to do with the birth of the Christ child anyway? I think sometimes westerners, particularly Americans, forget that Christmas is celebrated all over different parts of the world, many places where it's summer time in December. No snow, folks. It's got dick to do with the holiday. Their new cup design, however, is certainly indicative of the holiday. If you can't deal with that, well, don't go to Starbucks then.

As an agnostic I don't have a problem in general with people having their religious beliefs, but when Christians start whining about how atheists, agnostics, and others have a problem with them, well, look no further than asshats like Feuerstein to understand why.
A bunch of BS from people who don't want to confront real evil in the world. As a Christian I will smack down any Christian on the issue. Starbucks is run by atheists and the CEO has openly supported abortion. Any idiot whining about red cups needs to reconcile that first.

wait until they come out with a Rainbow cup before freaking out......help we are being persecuted by Baristas from Hell itself...same place that created the "theory of Evolution"

This is hilarious.
To sum up;
Starbucks have recognised the Christian festival of Christmas by changing the colour of their cups...which they don't do for any other religious celebration...and Christians are upset because the cups don't have a cartoon snowflake on them.

The recommended form of 'protest' is to go into Starbucks and buy a coffee.

Then both of you should watch Josh Feurerstein's Youtube treatise on evolution. Or $100,000 challenge to anybody that can prove God does not exist. They will answer any doubts you might have in regards to the logic in question.

I issue a challenge to prove the Easter Bunny does not exist.............

Me I am going with retailers who Respect Christmas the most
santa-propaganda.jpg

Forum List

Back