🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

:lol:

You shoehorning radical Islam had nothing to do with the debate and was nothing more than a cheap deflection.

No, I was just giving you an example of what it truly means to be thin skinned and not be able to handle being offended. And yes, I often point out how liberals will bash Christians for every little thing while going out of their way not to take any Muslims to task.

The tension between Starbucks and Christians isn't anything new, but you are more interested in taking a cheap shot at Christians instead of looking at the whole picture.

Traditionally, Christmas cards and holiday decorations consist of snow flakes, snowmen, trees and ornaments.

None of which are Christian. There's no evidence that it snowed in Nazareth in the spring of 4 B.C. And decorated fir trees are a pagan symbol.

Is your faith so fragile that it's threatened by pictures on a disposable cardboard cup from a vendor you've probably never patronized?

If you feel a need to be persecuted for your faith, I'd recommend a trip to North Korea. You'll only need a one-way ticket.

:lol:

You shoehorning radical Islam had nothing to do with the debate and was nothing more than a cheap deflection.

No, I was just giving you an example of what it truly means to be thin skinned and not be able to handle being offended. And yes, I often point out how liberals will bash Christians for every little thing while going out of their way not to take any Muslims to task.

The tension between Starbucks and Christians isn't anything new, but you are more interested in taking a cheap shot at Christians instead of looking at the whole picture.

I am not a liberal, this has conversation has nothing to do with radical Muslims, and not once did I take a cheap shot a Christians. You're making pretty much making shit about me at this point. lol.

The only people that give a shit about this alleged 'tension' between Starbucks and Christians is those in the blogosphere.

Traditionally, Christmas cards and holiday decorations consist of snow flakes, snowmen, trees and ornaments.

None of which are Christian. There's no evidence that it snowed in Nazareth in the spring of 4 B.C. And decorated fir trees are a pagan symbol.

Is your faith so fragile that it's threatened by pictures on a disposable cardboard cup from a vendor you've probably never patronized?

If you feel a need to be persecuted for your faith, I'd recommend a trip to North Korea. You'll only need a one-way ticket.
How about if Starbucks is so offended by Christmas they stop using it to hock their crappy coffee. There's a plan.

I don't know much about the person who started this, but I think it's a publicity stunt. Maybe they want to increase the winter peppermint mocha sales AND make Christians look as idiotic as possible. That's a win win situation these days.
Equality for paper cups just isn't a big issue for me. I don't care how secular Christmas becomes, don't care how many
Outward traditions
s are shared...it will always mean the birth of our Lord and savior.
And fun but hectic family time.

I am flat out amazed that there are people who fervently support for president a guy who is going to make Mexico pay for our wall, and will put snowflakes back on Starbucks cups.....

How about if Starbucks is so offended by Christmas they stop using it to hock their crappy coffee. There's a plan.

What makes you think Starbucks is "offended" by anything? It's the Church Ladies who've got their panties in a bunch.

I'd say that if one's faith is so fragile you believe it can be threatened by a paper cup, perhaps the relationship with God needs to be reassessed.

What makes you think Starbucks is "offended" by anything? It's the Church Ladies who've got their panties in a bunch.
What church ladies? Name them.

Why did you jump into this conversation if you don't know what it's about?

No actual church ladies huh? That's what I thought.

No actual church ladies huh? That's what I thought.

So you think this is a publicity stunt? May be. But it sure is getting a lot of people to fall for it.

I was deeply concerned about America being trillions of dollars in debt, until Trump brought to my attention the crisis of the Starbuck cups...

"It is time to make America great again! A snowflake on every cup!"

I was deeply concerned about America being trillions of dollars in debt, until Trump brought to my attention the crisis of the Starbuck cups...

"It is time to make America great again! A snowflake on every cup!"
Yeah. Keeps people from asking why they cheat new mothers out of paid maternity leave for only being employed with them for 364 days instead of 365 OR why they don't pay their employee's 15.00 an hour.

While I am not a religious man, I have understood the complaints of some conservatives over the past few years of department stores and other business bending over to political correctness by saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. After all, it is the Christmas season that gives all of these retailers their end of year push so the way I look at it, don't bite the hand that feeds you. However, this year's "War on Christmas" has reached a new level of insanity.

The sight of red cups being handed out at Starbucks usually signifies the “most wonderful time of the year” is underway, but this year’s holiday season at Starbucks is already being marred by a red cup controversy.

While red cups of Starbucks past have featured holiday symbols like reindeer and ornaments, this year’s cup is plain.

When the cup was unveiled earlier this month, the coffee chain described it as having a, “two-toned ombré design, with a bright poppy color on top that shades into a darker cranberry below.”

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of design and content, said in a news release announcing the cup. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”

Ever since the 2015 cup was released in U.S. and Canada stores Nov. 1, Starbucks customers have taken to the Internet to say they do not like the cup's “purity of design,” as Fields called it.

Joshua Feuerstein, who identifies himself as an “American evangelist, Internet and social media personality” on his website, posted a video on Facebook about the Starbucks cup that has been shared nearly 500,000 times.

In the video, the Arizona-based Feuerstein says he told baristas in a Starbucks that his name was Merry Christmas so they would write Merry Christmas on the red cup.

“I think in the age of political correctness we’ve become so open minded our brains have literally fallen out of our head,” Feuerstein says in the video. “I decided instead of simply boycotting, well why don’t we just start a movement.”

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

Joshua Feuerstein is the Christian extremists' version of Alex Jones. I would hope that most conservative Christians aren't buying into his nonsense. What do snowflakes and reindeer have to do with the birth of the Christ child anyway? I think sometimes westerners, particularly Americans, forget that Christmas is celebrated all over different parts of the world, many places where it's summer time in December. No snow, folks. It's got dick to do with the holiday. Their new cup design, however, is certainly indicative of the holiday. If you can't deal with that, well, don't go to Starbucks then.

As an agnostic I don't have a problem in general with people having their religious beliefs, but when Christians start whining about how atheists, agnostics, and others have a problem with them, well, look no further than asshats like Feuerstein to understand why.

The level of whining that conservatism has come to is just nauseating. They whine about everything.

They seem to want to tell everyone else exact rules on what you can and can do before, during, and after Christmas. AS IF they own the holiday.

Now whining about a red cup? A FRIGIN RED CUP!

We can only hope Starbucks doesn't take the obvious step to a brutal bloody war by issuing a GREEN cup.

WTF is wrong with these people?

Forum List

Back