🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Started jogging last year

I know we're all 'oldsters' here, but have any of you tried Crossfit? Been thinking about trying it myself.

I don't think we are disagreeing about anything.

I find it a little disturbing when people take up "jogging" and delude themselves into thinking that this alone will get them into good shape. For a given investment of time, a much better regimen could be devised, though it might not be as relaxing.

I like being outdoors and not dependent upon a machine like a treadmill or a smelly/disease-ridden gym :) Got a prob w/ that? :mad: :p

Seriously though, running is a very basic exercise that has been around forever. Just be careful to get the right nutrition before & after as well as stretching & not running more than one is capable of.

I plan on going jogging after work today if the weather holds.

Last edited:
What does being outdoors have to do with anything? I can do wind sprints (intervals) anywhere. I can do situps, pushups, and many other strength-building exercises anywhere, as well as a wide variety of stretches. I can ride my bike (almost) anywhere, and if I choose the right route, that bike ride will be a much better workout than running for an hour on level terrain.

For any given amount of time, there is ALWAYS a better workout available than a "jog."

What does being outdoors have to do with anything?

It has to do with enjoying your exercise habits which, unless you're endowed with infinite will and self-control, will be the most important element in maintaining them.

Oh, I don't know. I have a TV hanging in front of my treadmill (for winter walking and running), and I listen to music when riding my stationary bike. I could also say that I enjoy watching the Heavenly Bodies at L.A. Fitness, but that would be crude and sexist. Not as nice as in a park, but it's not always possible to have the ideal.

Oh, I don't know. I have a TV hanging in front of my treadmill (for winter walking and running), and I listen to music when riding my stationary bike. I could also say that I enjoy watching the Heavenly Bodies at L.A. Fitness, but that would be crude and sexist. Not as nice as in a park, but it's not always possible to have the ideal.

You bet. Lot's of ways to find enjoyment in exercise. For me, it's getting lost in my tunes on the trail for hours at a time. Efficiency-wise, it's not so great - it takes maybe twice as much time on my bike to get the same exercise I could get in a tight gym workout - but the fact that it's fun for me keeps me jazzed about doing it regularly.

I know we're all 'oldsters' here, but have any of you tried Crossfit? Been thinking about trying it myself.

I live in Los Angeles. You can't walk 3 blocks without running into a "Cross Fit" gym. It must work....you can't imagine the beautiful bodies that come out of those places!

I may give it a "free trial" myself....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVrkiCoKkg]Let Me Tell You About CrossFit - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAaKk1ADccs#t=23]CrossFit - CrossFit Whiteboard: Functional Movement - YouTube[/ame]

I've been researching CrossFit since I saw these videos.

This is some serious stuff. I have never seen women with that level of strength and conditioning.

I get tired just looking at it.

For a few reasons. Increase my cardio/stamina, build-up my leg muscles, get fresh air, etc... I sometimes run into female runners as well.

971afd39cbfa3a97adabaa39a73bd577.gif

PLUS!!!:​

american beauty "I want to look good naked" - YouTube

seriously though I'm up to 12-16 miles/week.

darn.i was hoping you were going to say that lady in that video was you.:mad:

I've been running for the last few weeks. Feeling good!

I added Overhead Squats to my strength training.....

664731482236711816870826152898o.jpg

Damn- these are hard! All I can says - I think this may be the "Holy Grail" of all exercises......I feel as if I am stretching and exercising at the same time. Here's a boatload of info on proper form , etc...if anyone is interested.

http://img.breakingmuscle.com/sites.../20130917/664731482236711816870826152898o.jpg

I'm still sick as a dog :( Haven't gone jogging in 3+ days. Going to d/l some Progressive pod casts & rest. :cool: Leaking out of every office of my body & power coughing/sneezing. :sad:

Forum List

Back