State attorneys general warn HHS of ObamaCare’s “privacy disaster waiting to happen”

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
man oh man....way to go you people who voted for Obama, the man who lied how good this would be for YOU, spread hate about others who didn't WANT IT and who forced this MONSTER of a government program on us against the will of the people..enjoy PAYING for this and hope you won't be a victim of any fraud that comes out of this..
a lot of links in article at site

posted at 9:31 pm on August 15, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

SNIP:
Earlier this week, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius complained about the continuing opposition to ObamaCare from those damnable red states, and warned that combating the “misinformation” those uncooperative lollygags are spreading is going to be crucial to the health law’s overall success.

Instead of emphasizing the need for combating — oh, I don’t know — actual misinformation.

As the debate rages over who benefits from the Affordable Care Act, one thing is becoming clear: The controversial program is a dream come true for rip-off artists.

Consumer experts warn that the program has created a huge opportunity for swindling people by stealing their money and their sensitive personal information.

“Any time you roll out a big government program like this, confusion is inevitable,” said Lois Greisman, an associate director in the Bureau of Consumer Protection at the Federal Trade Commission. “This confusion creates a tremendous opportunity for the fraudster.”

Scammers have been at it for more than a year now, but consumer advocates and security experts warn that the problem will worsen as we get closer to Oct. 1. …

“There are fake exchanges already up and running on the Internet,” said Monica Lindeen, Montana’s Commissioner of Securities and Insurance. “If you do a search and type in ‘exchange,’ you’ll find all sorts of websites that claim to be in the exchange when they are not.”

Gulp. Last month, California’s insurance commissioner warned that “we could have a real disaster on our hands” in terms of identity theft and fraud, while the GOP was rather curious as to whether all of the Obama administration’s unilateral delays and obvious flailing in implementing the law also mean that they are shirking on privacy protection and system security. On Wednesday, a group of thirteen state attorneys general followed up on that lingering question, expressing their trepidation over the same:

All of it
State attorneys general warn HHS of ObamaCare?s ?privacy disaster waiting to happen? « Hot Air

Last edited:
Well if it turns out to be a disaster I'll join you on the other side.

But I think it'll be fine. The next President will legislate whatever corrections are needed and America will be okay. Hopefully.

But I think it'll be fine. The next President will legislate whatever corrections are needed and America will be okay. Hopefully.

Bend over if you'd like but hopefully the next President will repeal the monstrosity.

Bend over if you'd like but hopefully the next President will repeal the monstrosity.

"Monstrosity" is complete speculation at this point :cool:

If Obama care was so great members of Congress, their assistants, federal and state employees, the President, retired federal and state retiree's, Unions etc. wouldn't be asking for waivers. They know they were lied to, in fact, many joined in the lie...what's your excuse?

Final ObamaCare Waiver Count? 1,231 - Katie Pavlich

^^Waiver Count^^

Last edited:

If Obama care was so great members of Congress, their assistants, federal and state employees, the President, retired federal and state retiree's, Unions etc. wouldn't be asking for waivers. They know they were lied to...what's your excuse?

^^Waiver Count^^

I don't know. My healthcare plan has been the same for years. Blue cross blue shield. Maybe I'm about to be raped and stabbed by Eric Holder himself... but until that happens I'll reserve my judgement.

If Obama care was so great members of Congress, their assistants, federal and state employees, the President, retired federal and state retiree's, Unions etc. wouldn't be asking for waivers. They know they were lied to...what's your excuse?

^^Waiver Count^^

I don't know. My healthcare plan has been the same for years. Blue cross blue shield. Maybe I'm about to be raped and stabbed by Eric Holder himself... but until that happens I'll reserve my judgement.

Sheesh my Blue Cross Blue Shield. Raised the deductible and lowered the percentage of coverage for the same insurance cost for the family this year (we didn't want to pay the extra $120 per month)... The rates have risen every year for the past 12 years).

I'm thinking you're not quite being candid..:eusa_naughty:

Last edited:

Yeah presidents don't legislate, genius. That's what Congress is for. Of course Obama will probably abolish Congress by executive order in the next 2 years.

Forum List

Back