Stellantis (Dodge) laying off 2,450 plant workers due to discontinuation of Ram ‘Classic’ pickup truck

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Key points:
  • Stellantis will indefinitely lay off up to 2,450 U.S. plant workers in Warren, Michigan, later this year as it discontinues production of an older version of its Ram 1500 pickup.

• The company has not announced a vehicle to replace the truck.

• The layoffs are expected to start as soon as October.

And then they got that godawful dodge Hornet with the 2nd lowest sales in the USA.

32 billion debt and not being able to get parts for weeks if not months....They're circling the toilet.

Meh, I expect GM and Ford to do the same soon. I know it sounds really "weird" but in a high inflation economy $50-90K trucks are not selling well.....Who would have thought?

He’s right…

“Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares is a disgrace and an embarrassment to a once-great American company,” Fain said in an emailed statement Friday night. “Meanwhile, Tavares jacks up his own pay by 56 percent while laying off thousands of autoworkers. If any autoworker did as piss poor of a job as Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares, they would be fired.”

Stellantis got crushed by UAW during their strike last year, Shawn Fain and the union bosses have to be gloating now over their victory.

But this is why UAW is so unable to organize proud Scab run plants like Mercedes in Alabama. People don't want to lose their jobs.

It almost seems as though the foreign co-ownership of Chrysler has been the only thing that has kept them afloat for the past 3 decades. The Dodge Ram has long been one of the more affordable entry level pickups, in comparison to Ford and Chevy, it wasn't that long ago that a coworker of mine bought one brand new for under $30k.

Where is another Lee Iococa when you need one? Can we talk about bringing back an original?

1200px-85-89_Dodge_Aries_sedan.jpg

“Meanwhile, Tavares jacks up his own pay by 56 percent while laying off thousands of autoworkers.
That's typical CEO bullshit and why I keep telling you guys billionaires should not exist.

It almost seems as though the foreign co-ownership of Chrysler has been the only thing that has kept them afloat for the past 3 decades. The Dodge Ram has long been one of the more affordable entry level pickups, in comparison to Ford and Chevy, it wasn't that long ago that a coworker of mine bought one brand new for under $30k.

Where is another Lee Iococa when you need one? Can we talk about bringing back an original?

View attachment 993860
Damn they were a POS.

They tried raffling off a new one at the town's VFD one year and they did not sell enough tickets to cover it's dealer's cost.

BTW.....The K-Cars was the reason you started seeing those dash sunshades....The dash would blacken and fall apart when exposed to direct sunlight.

Last edited:
They are no longer making the Challenger or Charger either. That's why I bought my Challenger earlier this year. The last year they are making them so I wanted to take the opportunity to own one brand new.

Forum List

Back