Stock market goes up 10% in one week

figures a moron like you would be bragging about this minor blip
i hope its a sign that things will rebound in spite of the crap Obama and the dem morons in congress have done

Typical. Obama is responsible for the market going down, but the market going up happens in spite of him. Even when the market starts going up shortly after the stimulus bill is completed.
Are there any conditions under which you would accept that President Obama has been good for America? Is there any result that would make you accept it?
no, a 4 day blip is just a blip
when you know what the economic policies will do, you might begin to understand that Obama is not business friendly

When the businesses that created this debacle realize the rest of us are not that freindly to their mechnizations, maybe we will begin to get out of this mess.

These corperations care nothing about the health of this nation or it's people. And there is no reason to worry about their health as long as their demise does not threaton the economic structure of this nation. That is what has been occurring, and the government has now put oversights into the bailouts, and the thieves are crying big crocodile tears.

The taxpayers give (rather than 'give', read 'forced to give') billions to corporations like Citibank and the stock market goes up. Who knew?

but...but... DC thinks he should be more "business friendly"...

I'm wondering if we should be letting corporate lobbyists and CEO's continue to make policy... you know, like they did with energy policy in Bush's white house.

it got us so far... didn't it?

I've found I enjoy the forum more when I just skip over his posts. It's not like they ever say anything unexpected.

I usually do, too. But unfortunately, when they're big and red, it's easier to notice the lies. lol. ;)

Ol' Pubes actually believes that someone thinks the Dems are responsible for this mess. Other than the braindead dittoheads, the American public fully realizes whose folly caused this debacle. And if it truly goes over the cliff, it will be known as the Second Great Republican Depression.

figures a moron like you would be bragging about this minor blip
i hope its a sign that things will rebound in spite of the crap Obama and the dem morons in congress have done

Typical. Obama is responsible for the market going down, but the market going up happens in spite of him. Even when the market starts going up shortly after the stimulus bill is completed.
Are there any conditions under which you would accept that President Obama has been good for America? Is there any result that would make you accept it?

Uh, the market is still lower than it was when he took over.

The taxpayers give (rather than 'give', read 'forced to give') billions to corporations like Citibank and the stock market goes up. Who knew?

I'm wondering if we should be letting corporate lobbyists and CEO's continue to make policy... you know, like they did with energy policy in Bush's white house.

Crony Capitalism, eh? Bush and Obama are good at that. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I've found I enjoy the forum more when I just skip over his posts. It's not like they ever say anything unexpected.

I usually do, too. But unfortunately, when they're big and red, it's easier to notice the lies. lol. ;)

Ol' Pubes actually believes that someone thinks the Dems are responsible for this mess. Other than the braindead dittoheads, the American public fully realizes whose folly caused this debacle. And if it truly goes over the cliff, it will be known as the Second Great Republican Depression.

I think you are half hoping for a depression just so you can call it a republican one. What is Obama doing differently from Bush, other than spending three times as much? fucking moron.

being business friendly is not giving money from the tax payer
thats just fucking stupid

when you know what the economic policies will do, you might begin to understand that Obama is not business friendly

When the businesses that created this debacle realize the rest of us are not that freindly to their mechnizations, maybe we will begin to get out of this mess.

These corperations care nothing about the health of this nation or it's people. And there is no reason to worry about their health as long as their demise does not threaton the economic structure of this nation. That is what has been occurring, and the government has now put oversights into the bailouts, and the thieves are crying big crocodile tears.
those business should have been allowed to go out of business
yet you assholes want to keep giving them tax dollars

If we are to depend on the experts, had BUSH II not saved AIG and other banks our entire banking system which has gone down the tubes.

Then we'd be on the hook for FDIC amounting to trillions, anyway.

Hye, I don't know...maybe your man Bush II and Obama are both lying to us.

Do you REALLY know what you are talking about?

If so, explain it to me.

I still don't understand the mechanics of how we'd have had multiple bank failures if AIG had gone down.

Do you KNOW we would not have?

If we are to depend on the experts, had BUSH II not saved AIG and other banks our entire banking system which has gone down the tubes.

Then we'd be on the hook for FDIC amounting to trillions, anyway.

Hye, I don't know...maybe your man Bush II and Obama are both lying to us.

Do you REALLY know what you are talking about?

If so, explain it to me.

I still don't understand the mechanics of how we'd have had multiple bank failures if AIG had gone down.

Do you KNOW we would not have?
Bush wasnt "my man"
i didnt like him even when he was Gov of TX
i never voted for him in a primary and only voted for him in the general because of the 2 complete losers the dems put up against him

Wall Street closed higher for the fourth consecutive day on Friday, capping its best week since November, and one that gave investors a break from a relentless streak of declines.

The market shot up in one week as it might in some years, with major indicators chalking up gains of about 10 percent.

Friday’s gains were modest compared with the rallies on Tuesday and Thursday, but investors welcomed the market’s ability to hold its ground. Several recent rallies have ended with disappointing sell-offs.

The Dow Jones industrial average closed 53.92 points higher to finish the week at 7,223.98, and the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index rose 5.81 points, to 756.55. The technology-heavy Nasdaq index was 5.4 points higher at 1,431.50.

For the week, the Dow finished up more than 9 percent while the S&P 500 ended 10.7 percent higher, largely on the back of rallies on Tuesday and Thursday. A closely watched gauge of market volatility dropped for the week.

Stock market makes it a four-in-a-row win streak | Business | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

WOO HOO! The DOW hit 7200!

And that the Dow was at 12000 in November of 2006 when the Democrats promised to save us from Bush's economic FAILURE is wholly IRRELEVANT! The point here is that THE MARKET IS UP... (finally...)

Great post Chris. I bought 1000 shares of GM, week before last... so I gleefully share your enthusiasm.

Sadly, the policies being advanced by the Lord of the Idiots will saddle the means of those companies to grow, thus reduce the potential for the capital value of those companies to increase... but there's no better time to get in than when the market is DOWN! So we'll celebrate the gains together little lady... as we watch the market's inevitable rise back to where it was before the the effects of leftism began to demonstrate it's customary corrosive results.

And once again PI gets it wrong, intentionally or otherwise...

:cuckoo:

The DOW: 10/10/08

2008-10-10_dji_1week.png

Ewwwwwwwwww Look at all that those snappy graphs and charts of October 2008... In response to a position which spoke to NOVEMBER 2006

Try this...

Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) History

A Sampled History of The Dow Jones Industrial Average
From 1900 to The Present,
Including the Most Recent, Week-Ending Close Value

November 17, 2006 >> 12,342.56 (Last weekly close befor the election of 06 where the Left came to power)

October 9, 2007 >> 14,164.53 (First weekly close after the First Budget advanced by the Democrat legislature... which is the LAST OF THE BUSH / REPUBLICAN ECONOMIC POLICY)

March 13, 2009 >> 7,223.98 (This is the result of escalating Leftist policy... The Dow DOWN 50% since the DEMS CAME TO RESCUE US FROM THE BAD OLD BUSH ECONOMY!)

Anyone want to discuss the bad old days when Unemployment was "OUT OF CONTROL" at 5%?

Now isn't that better than irrelevant graphs and irrelevant charts?

Last edited:
perhaps the greatest irony is in people looking to invest in the fools who tanked us , on the advice of the poles.

and in doing so, with all the hedge funds and short sells, continue to hammer the life out of the middle class

this is shark pool mentality, and all it's going to do it create most disparity here

you want to invest in something? invest in America's infastructure, they'll be some gov $$$ comming down the pike for that

imho, the AIG, Bear Stearns, Citigroup BankAmerica have no allegiance to this country at all, and they rode that last bubbles wave knowing it would burst

a fiscal 9/11 .....they should be seen as eco-terrorists

Last edited:
perhaps the greatest irony is in people looking to invest in the fools who tanked us , on the advice of the poles.

and in doing so, with all the hedge funds and short sells, continue to hammer the life out of the middle class

this is shark pool mentality, and all it's going to do it create most disparity here

you want to invest in something? invest in America's infastructure, they'll be some gov $$$ comming down the pike for that

imho, the AIG, Bear Stearns, Citigroup BankAmerica have no allegiance to this country at all, and they rode that last bubbles wave knowing it would burst

a fiscal 9/11 .....they should be seen as eco-terrorists

Sparky... the Left promised to make everyone whole if the Leftism hit the fan... which would have worked GREAT... IF...

If the plan was mathematically feasible and Fannie and Freddy didn't go busted...

Bailing those companies out was a HUGE mistake... they should have gone busted. Then NEXT TIME... when the left started demanding that the new finacial markets should do stupid things or face Civil Right lawsuits, the NEW MARKET WOULD TELL THEM TO BRING IT ON!

Had the banks taken the lawsuits and forced congress to play their hand... which was the analogical equivalent of a 2 of clubs, a 6 of diamonds, a 8 of spades, a jack of hearts and a queen of clubs... the housing market would still being a lovely 5-10% average growth and the US wouldn't be looking at runaway Marxism slashing our means to fight a war for our cultural survival.

From Its high before Nancy Pelosi's first budget went into effect in October '07 the Dow had fallen by fifty per cent.

The notion that this is Bush's fault is just so much poppycock.

Now tell us just how the collapse was created by a dem budget in 2007?

Correlaition is not causation.

I can tell you that the deregulation of the lending industry allowed the laws to be erased that had prevented this from happening after it had been caused in the Great Depression. The lenders could mask the risk liability of the securities they then sold to investors. At the point the risk became apparent the securites failed causing a huge world wide economic downfall.

lets here your causation timeline ?

Forum List

Back