Stop federal funding for universities and police that tolerate left-wing violence

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I can't believe they haven't done it already. Any university receiving government funds that doesn't want to provide security for conservative speakers should be removed from the government tit. It's about time they learned who is paying the bills.

Cutting off federal funds to permissive universities and police departments is a good first step

When I first saw the video of the Berkeley riots from this past weekend, I thought to myself, well, it’s good that those on the Political Right are fighting back. After a few minutes, though, I realized that unless the police and the courts stop this, someone will eventually get killed.

It’s hard to blame folks on the Right for showing up prepared for a fight, especially in radical whack-a-doodle Berkeley. The authorities there – if you can even call them that — seldom do anything about the Lefties who engage in violence. Indeed, the police in Moscow-by-the-Bay are always ready to accommodate the Leftists.

I think the thought sounds good but then universities would simply stop trying to bring conservative speakers on campus for the risk of losing dough wouldn't justify the effort.

I think the thought sounds good but then universities would simply stop trying to bring conservative speakers on campus for the risk of losing dough wouldn't justify the effort.
So? They are doing that now. On our dime. Let them see if they can make it on their own and if they can fine. At least I'm not paying for it.

I can't believe they haven't done it already. Any university receiving government funds that doesn't want to provide security for conservative speakers should be removed from the government tit. It's about time they learned who is paying the bills.

Cutting off federal funds to permissive universities and police departments is a good first step

When I first saw the video of the Berkeley riots from this past weekend, I thought to myself, well, it’s good that those on the Political Right are fighting back. After a few minutes, though, I realized that unless the police and the courts stop this, someone will eventually get killed.

It’s hard to blame folks on the Right for showing up prepared for a fight, especially in radical whack-a-doodle Berkeley. The authorities there – if you can even call them that — seldom do anything about the Lefties who engage in violence. Indeed, the police in Moscow-by-the-Bay are always ready to accommodate the Leftists.

Major disagreement Moscow does a much better job of keep LWNJs peaceful in their protests.

The university doesn't try to bring them. Student groups are the ones who invite them. Is the university going to bar student groups from inviting conservative speakers? If they do, their funding should be revoked.

So? They are doing that now. On our dime. Let them see if they can make it on their own and if they can fine. At least I'm not paying for it.

Yes, both liberal and conservative schools restrict speakers, but there are exceptions. Berkley did invite and re-invite Ann Coulter to speak, something I would imagine if the planned appearance risked federal funds.

I'd rather see something like colleges requiring their freshman to take a course on the educational value of civil discourse and mandatory expulsion for those that act like idiots and assault others.

Yes, both liberal and conservative schools restrict speakers, but there are exceptions. Berkley did invite and re-invite Ann Coulter to speak, something I would imagine if the planned appearance risked federal funds.

I'd rather see something like colleges requiring their freshman to take a course on the educational value of civil discourse and mandatory expulsion for those that act like idiots and assault others.

The term "conservative university" is virtually an oxymoron.

You would "rather?" Does that mean you think tax supported universities should be allowed to exclude conservative speakers?

The university doesn't try to bring them. Student groups are the ones who invite them. Is the university going to bar student groups from inviting conservative speakers? If they do, their funding should be revoked.

Put that way, I can see the sense in that legislation but for it to be constitutional it has to work both ways.

Put that way, I can see the sense in that legislation but for it to be constitutional it has to work both ways.
All they have to do is schedule a counter speaker. Which is what Coulter is after the open borders pro-immigration speaker they had two weeks ago. It's not that hard to make this happen.

You would "rather?" Does that mean you think tax supported universities should be allowed to exclude conservative speakers?

I believe colleges and universities receiving state or federal money should not restrict speakers based on political ideology. Students that can't handle that should be expelled and suffer the full extent of the law, this should be made clear to them during their freshman orientation. But any law needs to be political ideology neutral or it won't be worth the paper it's printed on as far as its constitutionally goes.

All anti-education and science conservatives should be deported to the sun.

That includes you apparently. You are about as anti-education as they come, because you never availed yourself of the opportunity..
You ever notice the pro-education left only want's certain types of education? They aren't really all that for education they only want their kind of education.

What does "both ways" mean?

I believe colleges and universities receiving state or federal money should not restrict speakers based on political ideology. Students that can't handle that should be expelled and suffer the full extent of the law, this should be made clear to them during their freshman orientation. But any law needs to be political ideology neutral or it won't be worth the paper it's printed on as far as its constitutionally goes.

All they have to do is expel anyone who uses violence during any campus activity. I would think that should already be the case, but the administration turns a blind eye to the activities of their favored little thugs. The administration endorses this shit.

Forum List

Back