Stop Pretending Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
And while you're at it, stop treating criticism of religion as racism

A great piece from the Federalist that puts it into perspective. I think this quote lays it on the line for those who use the diversion of claiming Christianity did the same:

In this world, today, right now, when it comes to religious violence there’s really only one game in town

I don't give a damn what happened in the past! It's today and the future that counts. :anj_stfu::blowup:

Read more @ Stop Pretending Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam

While a small percentage of Muslims are terrorists, almost all terrorists are Muslims

I don't care what the apologists say, this is about as succinct as one can get about the current wave of terrorism. This also points out that, like the world in the 1930's nobody is paying attention to the tyranny raising its ugly head in the form of an Islamic Caliphate. There's a bit of hyperbole in this piece, but most of it make a great deal of sense @ Educating the masses While a small percentage of Muslims are terrorists almost all terrorists are Muslims

Bullshit.

We've debunked this before.

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent. Can you imagine the reaction if I said that Latinos should be profiled because after all they are the ones who commit the most terrorism in the country?​

And nobody claims religion is "race". Strawman fall down, go boom.

Want more?

We counted up the number of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims. We excluded attacks by groups which are obviously not Muslims, such as the Ku Klux Klan, Medellin Drug Cartel, Irish Republican Army, Anti-Castro Group, Mormon extremists, Vietnamese Organization to Exterminate Communists and Restore the Nation, Jewish Defense League, May 19 Communist Order, Chicano Liberation Front, Jewish Armed Resistance, American Indian Movement, Gay Liberation Front, Aryan Nation, Jewish Action Movement, National Front for the Liberation of Cuba, or Fourth Reich Skinheads.

We counted attacks by Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Black American Moslems, or anyone who even remotely sounded Muslim … for example anyone from Palestine, Lebanon or any other Arab or Muslim country, or any name including anything sounding remotely Arabic or Indonesian (like “Al” anything or “Jamaat” anything).

If we weren’t sure what the person’s affiliation was, we looked up the name of the group to determine whether it could in any way be connected to Muslims.

Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.
2.5% of domestic events -- less than half of the number committed by anti-abortion activists.

Why the erroneous perception?
From the first link:

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial (if any) coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in a circuitous manner reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!​

It's being xenophobic, not racism. And not almost all terrorist are Muslim. Did you hear of the Christian Terrorist trying to blow up the mosque in Jerusalem? Or the terrorists that have tried to blow up American mosques? Or the terrorist who killed 9 in a Sikh temple in Milwaukee thinking they were Muslims? Oh right, they aren't considered "terrorist" attack so they are just one off incidents and aren't terrorist. Just crazy people.

Those 2 do not represent Islam or the Muslim people. You live and work with many Muslims everyday. Do they all deserved to be killed? That's what many of you bigots want. To degrade, detain and even kill people of a different religion.

It's called freedom of religion

Seems to me that the mindset of the apologist goes like this:

"I MUST defend Islam".

"My peeps give me props if I do, and I feel virtuous."

"If I don't defend Islam, they disapprove, so I don't"

"With that in mind, here's what I'll do: Whenever the subject is Islam, I will just to tun the discussion to one of Christianity instead!'

"If something is quite common in Islam, I will find something very rare in Islam and pretend the two religions are the same"

"If something is truly egregious in Islam, I will find something merely annoying about Christianity and pretend the two religions are the same"

"if something is occurring in the here and now in Islam, I will find something in Christianity's distant past and pretend the two religions are the same"

......and if that doesn't work? There's always the Jews! I feel even extra virtuous when I go on and on hating on them!"

It's being xenophobic, not racism. And not almost all terrorist are Muslim. Did you hear of the Christian Terrorist trying to blow up the mosque in Jerusalem? Or the terrorists that have tried to blow up American mosques? Or the terrorist who killed 9 in a Sikh temple in Milwaukee thinking they were Muslims? Oh right, they aren't considered "terrorist" attack so they are just one off incidents and aren't terrorist. Just crazy people.

Those 2 do not represent Islam or the Muslim people. You live and work with many Muslims everyday. Do they all deserved to be killed? That's what many of you bigots want. To degrade, detain and even kill people of a different religion.

It's called freedom of religion

Strangely enough Rupert Murdoch seems to think in such blanket fallacies too...
-- which no doubt explains a lot of the parroting rhetoric on this board.

"I MUST defend Islam".

"With that in mind, here's what I'll do: Whenever the subject is Islam, I will just to tun the discussion to one of Christianity instead!'

"If something is quite common in Islam, I will find something very rare in Islam and pretend the two religions are the same"

"If something is truly egregious in Islam, I will find something merely annoying about Christianity and pretend the two religions are the same"

"if something is occurring in the here and now in Islam, I will find something in Christianity's distant past and pretend the two religions are the same"

......and if that doesn't work? There's always the Jews! I feel even extra virtuous when I go on and on hating on them!"

Prop that up with some kind of facts or figures rather than intellectually empty emotion and you'll have a point.

Logic is not interested in emotions, vague impressions, stereotypes and mob mentalities.

I think they are actually fearful, myself. They have fallen for the line, we are responsible, if we just remove ourselves, they will leave us alone. As you and I have figured out, no they won't, until they achieve what they feel is their scripturally mandated one world sharia law.

I do believe we do have to make a distinction between muslim vs Islam. There are many muslims that do not think as the Islamists do--that the world must be conquered by Islam.

"I MUST defend Islam".

Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

OP is not talking about only on US soil.

Fine -- sublink from the previous links and you get this:

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2006 to 2008 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.
Charts and more at the link. Shoulda quit while you were ahead.

Once again, logic is not interested in mythologies, mob mentalities and vague impressions kindled by hair-on-fire blogs like TROP and sensationalist media. When you go for the proof, you lose all your pudding.

It's almost humorous to sit back and watch libs defend Islam, and watch them pretend that this religion does not hold a special place on top of the heap of terrorist acts of today.
The rest of us would double over with laughter if not for the seriousness of the threat.

A great piece from the Federalist that puts it into perspective. I think this quote lays it on the line for those who use the diversion of claiming Christianity did the same:

In this world, today, right now, when it comes to religious violence there’s really only one game in town

I don't give a damn what happened in the past! It's today and the future that counts. :anj_stfu::blowup:

It has as much to do with Islam as it has to do with Christianity or any other religion that spawns demented radicals.

It has as much to do with Islam as it has to do with Christianity or any other religion that spawns demented radicals.

Says the spawn.

:rofl:

Stop pretending that terrorist who use ancient text written centuries ago as justification for their deadly cause and deeds represent more than they do. If criticism of religion is racist then I must be racist.

This is not a political issue at all but rather a necessity for the whole world to squarely face the facts ....and called a spade a spade!

There is not the slightest doubt that fundamental Islam is encouraging and carrying out terrorist jihad against the infidel non believers.

Regrettably the more we deny the fact that there is an undeclared war raging and has been for some time, the more difficult it will be for us to win.

All the naive idealists who refuse to aknowledge the reality are only helping the enemy and preventing their Governments from taking necessary action.

Lets hope the world wakes up to the real danger and takes firm steps before its too late.

Unfortunately, at the moment it appears that Islam is winning because of our cowarly refusal to face the facts....and it may already be too late.

Forum List

Back