Stop Pretending Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam

Yeah ... and all rational people know that vicious barbaric Islamism is just a figment of our imaginations.

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Immoral equivalence. We don't see anyone but Islamists preaching and teaching hate and organizing violent Jihad against those don't believe as they do.

Islamic ideology driving terrorists to kill Egypt s president tells Muslim clerics - Washington Times
Every time this nation bombs the middle east we are teaching hate and violence. You just dont realize it because you are being served a helping of propaganda to make it taste good to you.

More immoral equivalence. What el-Sissi says is that the hate they teach and preach spawns the violent Islamism in not-too-brights like Cherif and Said Kouachi and Amedy Coulibaly as well as idiot apologists like ... you.

When did el-Sissi start speaking for all Muslims?

"French President Francois Hollande in effect broke with Mr. el-Sissi’s Dec. 28 message. He told citizens, “Those who carried out these attacks, the terrorists, the madmen, these fanatics have nothing to do with the Muslim religion.”

Read more: Islamic ideology driving terrorists to kill Egypt s president tells Muslim clerics - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So you think the French President speaks for all Muslims? :lmao:
Holande does not yet live in a Muslim dominated nation ... el-Sissi does and more than that, el-Sissi IS a Muslim.

Last edited:
"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Immoral equivalence. We don't see anyone but Islamists preaching and teaching hate and organizing violent Jihad against those don't believe as they do.

Islamic ideology driving terrorists to kill Egypt s president tells Muslim clerics - Washington Times
Every time this nation bombs the middle east we are teaching hate and violence. You just dont realize it because you are being served a helping of propaganda to make it taste good to you.

More immoral equivalence. What el-Sissi says is that the hate they teach and preach spawns the violent Islamism in not-too-brights like Cherif and Said Kouachi and Amedy Coulibaly as well as idiot apologists like ... you.

"French President Francois Hollande in effect broke with Mr. el-Sissi’s Dec. 28 message. He told citizens, “Those who carried out these attacks, the terrorists, the madmen, these fanatics have nothing to do with the Muslim religion.”

Read more: Islamic ideology driving terrorists to kill Egypt s president tells Muslim clerics - Washington Times

Why not? You guys claim el-Sissi does.

"Islam is a religion of peace, one which is compatible with respect for human rights and peaceful coexistence,"
-Pope Francis

Why not? You guys claim el-Sissi does.

"Islam is a religion of peace, one which is compatible with respect for human rights and peaceful coexistence,"
-Pope Francis

OK ... I will simplify so even a moron may understand: No one claimed he speaks for all Muslims (Straw Man) but el-Sissi, unlike non-Mideast infidels, knows his people and their culture. He probably put his life at risk by speaking the truth. Here's another prominent Mideast Muslim who agrees with el-Sissi:

Hezbollah chief says terrorists damage Islam more than cartoons - Yahoo News

And while you're at it, stop treating criticism of religion as racism

A great piece from the Federalist that puts it into perspective. I think this quote lays it on the line for those who use the diversion of claiming Christianity did the same:

In this world, today, right now, when it comes to religious violence there’s really only one game in town
.on't give a damn what happened in the past! It's today and the future that counts.

Read more @ Stop Pretending Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam

Okay, here's the thing.

2000 Muslims were bombed in Gaza this summer.
12 cartoonists wree shot by criminals.

ONe is a statistic, the other a great tragedy.

People who complain about terrorism are like the guy who sticks his dick in the hornet's nest and complains about getting stung.

While a small percentage of Muslims are terrorists, almost all terrorists are Muslims

You see, I keep getting confused on this whole "Terrorist" designation.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Russians in Afghanistan, Ronnie Raygun gave him Stinger Missiles and called him a "Freedom Fighter". Those dirty stinkin' Commies might teach girls how to read or something.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Americans in New York, George W. Bush called him a "Terrorist", and launched a war to go get him. Then he got bored and invaded another country and left Obama to finish the job, but I digress.

Bin Laden was still the same asshole. His designation merely changed depending on who he was killing.

Pogo, you told me I should quit while I am ahead. I know I'm not ahead, but I'm not quitting.

I know I am biased against moslems when it comes to terrorism. Why? Because they are the ones doing it for political AND religious reasons and screaming "Allah Aqbar" while doing it. And their religion teaches them that they will be martyrs for doing so and go to paradise. And some of their buddies then celebrate in the streets and hand out candy and stuff.

I don't know of hearing non moslems screaming "Praise Jesus" and expecting to go to paradise after the deed is done.

Bill Maher put it this way last week

"If you have that many bad apples, there is obviously something wrong with the orchard"

Oh come on now....we all know the real terrorists are those on the right...those damn conservatives, libertarians, tea party members, Christians, gun owners, and all those who want limited government.:cuckoo::eek-52::rolleyes-41:

And while you're at it, stop treating criticism of religion as racism

A great piece from the Federalist that puts it into perspective. I think this quote lays it on the line for those who use the diversion of claiming Christianity did the same:

In this world, today, right now, when it comes to religious violence there’s really only one game in town

I don't give a damn what happened in the past! It's today and the future that counts. :anj_stfu::blowup:

Read more @ Stop Pretending Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam

You're the reactionary hypocrite that ensures terrorism continues unabated. Terrorism from Muslims against the West didn't start until we started meddling in the middle-east. They're not going after Polynesians for their revealing Luaus. They're going after the ones responsible for screwing them over at home, invading their countries, supporting their corrupt repressive leaders, and dropping bombs on their wedding parties.

T
Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

OP is not talking about only on US soil.

Fine -- sublink from the previous links and you get this:

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2006 to 2008 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.
Charts and more at the link. Shoulda quit while you were ahead.

Once again, logic is not interested in mythologies, mob mentalities and vague impressions kindled by hair-on-fire blogs like TROP and sensationalist media. When you go for the proof, you lose all your pudding.
That 24% from extreme LEFT wing groups is really telling.

Pogo, you told me I should quit while I am ahead. I know I'm not ahead, but I'm not quitting.

I know I am biased against moslems when it comes to terrorism. Why? Because they are the ones doing it for political AND religious reasons and screaming "Allah Aqbar" while doing it. And their religion teaches them that they will be martyrs for doing so and go to paradise. And some of their buddies then celebrate in the streets and hand out candy and stuff.

I don't know of hearing non moslems screaming "Praise Jesus" and expecting to go to paradise after the deed is done.

Uh huh.
On what basis do you think the Scott Roeders and the Eric Rudolphs were acting then?

Good/evil dichotomy --- gets ya every time.

While a small percentage of Muslims are terrorists, almost all terrorists are Muslims

You see, I keep getting confused on this whole "Terrorist" designation.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Russians in Afghanistan, Ronnie Raygun gave him Stinger Missiles and called him a "Freedom Fighter". Those dirty stinkin' Commies might teach girls how to read or something.

When Osama Bin Laden was killing Americans in New York, George W. Bush called him a "Terrorist", and launched a war to go get him. Then he got bored and invaded another country and left Obama to finish the job, but I digress.

Bin Laden was still the same asshole. His designation merely changed depending on who he was killing.

This ^^ too.

Same guy both times, is he not? And from his own perspective acting on the same motivations, was he not?
Which (motivations) were always political btw.

Uh huh.
On what basis do you think the Scott Roeders and the Eric Rudolphs were acting then?

Time for you to quit bud. Apples and Oranges, or do you only know how to skim and not fully read what I wrote.

Did these two go yelling "Praise God" (or anything like that) while doing the deeds? While we may not know about Rudolph, certainly there were enough witnesses with the Tiller murder that we would have heard of it.

Secondly, were there large scale in the streets celebrations of those deeds with folks handing out candies and such?

No.

Uh huh.

Time for you to quit bud. Apples and Oranges, or do you only know how to skim and not fully read what I wrote.

Did these two go yelling "Praise God" (or anything like that) while doing the deeds? While we may not know about Rudolph, certainly there were enough witnesses with the Tiller murder that we would have heard of it.

Secondly, were there large scale in the streets celebrations of those deeds with folks handing out candies and such?

No.

I wouldn't know what they may or may not have yelled. Somehow I don't think terrorism is defined by "what you yell" at the time. I do know people in this culture commonly yell "Jesus Christ!" or "Oh my God" or "Holy Shit" at times of high drama. I don't read a lot of meaning into that either except as a linguistic anomaly.

Secondly, Rudolph took refuge and lived right here in areas I frequent -- after he had already killed and bombed and maimed people, almost certainly with the sympathy and complicity of the locals. Which is downright creepoid, as I'm living and travelling among these same people.

Now how is this "apples and oranges"? You mean because one is a concept based on media blog bullshit and the other is the real world?

Based on our review of the approximately 2,400 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil contained within the START database, we determined that approximately 60 were carried out by Muslims.

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2006 to 2008 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

Once again, logic is not interested in mythologies, mob mentalities and vague impressions kindled by hair-on-fire blogs like TROP and sensationalist media. When you go for the proof, you lose all your pudding.
Keep focusing on US soil and Europe, or any other "western society'.
Be intellectually honest and look at the globe.
2000 people just a couple days ago with the cherry on top of the day being a 10yr old setting off a suicide bomb.

Cherry-pick your stats. We'll keep knocking them down.

2000 people just a couple days ago with the cherry on top of the day being a 10yr old setting off a suicide bomb.

I'd put up a refutation but it's already in the post you just quoted. In the form of stats.
Damn, you make it easy.

Btw "cherrypicking" is exactly what you just did in your last sentence. And if you're referring to Boko Haram, that's civil war, not "terrorism".

I'd put up a refutation but it's already in the post you just quoted. In the form of stats.
Damn, you make it easy.

Btw "cherrypicking" is exactly what you just did in your last sentence. And if you're referring to Boko Haram, that's civil war, not "terrorism".
Civil war? Against another Muslim entity?
And, btw, the two aren't mutually exclusive

In the last 50 years, there have been quite a few outrageous mass murders that didn't involve islam at all, from sniper shootings at Texas University in 1966, Oklahoma city bombing, to the Sandy hook shootings. America has a legacy of it's own home grown evil.

But 9/11 took the gold medal in mass murders, set apart from the rest. Islamic mass murders were sponsored by a religion, a mass movement, and that movement exported to the west and it seems relentless and merciless and without scruples.

Some of you hold that there are cycles in history, and Islam will correct this aberration. I don't think so, in fact, I believe most Muslims secretly support the efforts of al qaeda or ISIS. History shows us it takes a concerted effort to stop evil like this. For instance: Germans, Italians or Japanese didn't actually stop fascism, it took a massive effort by the west to shut down the fascism, massive slaughter and even nuclear weapons.

One day, some Islamic terror group will get nuclear weapons or material from Pakistan or Iran and they will use it in an unprecedented way to hurt the US or western countries. It's inevitable. We better do something NOW to prevent that from happening...

In the last 50 years, there have been quite a few outrageous mass murders that didn't involve islam at all, from sniper shootings at Texas University in 1966, Oklahoma city bombing, to the Sandy hook shootings. America has a legacy of it's own home grown evil.

But 9/11 took the gold medal in mass murders, set apart from the rest. Islamic mass murders were sponsored by a religion, a mass movement, and that movement exported to the west and it seems relentless and merciless and without scruples.

Some of you hold that there are cycles in history, and Islam will correct this aberration. I don't think so, in fact, I believe most Muslims secretly support the efforts of al qaeda or ISIS. History shows us it takes a concerted effort to stop evil like this. For instance: Germans, Italians or Japanese didn't actually stop fascism, it took a massive effort by the west to shut down the fascism, massive slaughter and even nuclear weapons.

One day, some Islamic terror group will get nuclear weapons or material from Pakistan or Iran and they will use it in an unprecedented way to hurt the US or western countries. It's inevitable. We better do something NOW to prevent that from happening...

"9/11 took the gold medal" is certainly credible, at least among what we have endured. But again that was a political act. Doesn't make your point.

I know it's a path of least resistance to blame it on religion and that politics is more complex and all, I get that.
But we can't just take the lazy way out all the time and expect different results.

"9/11 took the gold medal" is certainly credible, at least among what we have endured. But again that was a political act. Doesn't make your point.

I know it's a path of least resistance to blame it on religion and that politics is more complex and all, I get that.
But we can't just take the lazy way out all the time and expect different results.

Islam is oblivious to politics. Yet they are all about politics. Muslims hate Israel and American support of Israel, and it doesn't get any simpler than that. That is why they symbolically attacked the Jewish heart of America, Manhattan, the twin towers. And the Pentagon, those that send military support to Israel. This is what Muslims do. Islam isn't about compromise, they are about conquering. Dominating. About submission, not western ideals of freedom. People that think this is a freedom of religion thing, are being foolishly naïve.

Forum List

Back