Stopped for driving while black in Georgia

I see you people know dick about traffic laws.
In many states, it is illegal to drive in the left lane on a highway (if no other vehicles are around) as it officially is the 'passing lane'.
Hell, I got pulled over for that very thing, years ago in Illinois on I-80 (I think it was.).

It doesn't give the cops probable cause to search a vehicle. The driver didn't get ticketed either. It was a ruse to pull the bus over.

I'm pretty sure the courts will rule that driving in the left lane is not a justification to search the luggage of everyone on a bus. They also found absolutely nothing. I hope they sue and bankrupt Georgia.

DSU, state leaders 'incensed' after team bus stopped, searched in Georgia

Once they pull over the bus they can question the driver about the infraction

They have no probable cause to search passenger luggage unless they suspect them of a crime.

Claiming a dog alerted does not warrant a search of a whole bus. Especially since there were no drugs found

It doesn't give the cops probable cause to search a vehicle. The driver didn't get ticketed either. It was a ruse to pull the bus over.

They claim they had no idea that the bus was full of young black girls
But if the bus were full of Church Ladies they never would have searched private luggage

They may get away with the search because the driver opened the compartment when asked. He/she was in control of the vehicle.

The driver complied with the request from the officer

Once the luggage compartment is opened, Police have no probable cause to search.
If a dog alerts on a specific bag, they have probable cause to search that bag.
They do not have a right to search everyone’s luggage

I see you people know dick about traffic laws.
In many states, it is illegal to drive in the left lane on a highway (if no other vehicles are around) as it officially is the 'passing lane'.
Hell, I got pulled over for that very thing, years ago in Illinois on I-80 (I think it was.).

The eight states where it’s illegal to drive in the left lane except for turning left or passing are Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and West Virginia.

The eight states where it’s illegal to drive in the left lane except for turning left or passing are Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and West Virginia.
It is not a question of whether they have a right to pull over the bus

It is a question of once they pull over the bus, do they have probable cause to search it?

They must have a specific, articulable reason to detain and search

When something like this happens it seems the cops just can't stop themselves from lying about what happened. What is even more surprising is they know it's all been recorded but that doesn't stop them.

Bowman addressed the issue on Tuesday afternoon, and said that “no personal items on the bus or persons were searched.” Based on both body camera footage and footage from a DSU player, that is false.

Sheriff falsely claims deputies didn’t search luggage during HBCU lacrosse bus stop in Georgia

It appears these cops were in the wrong. What would give them the idea that a woman’s lacrosse team would be carrying drugs? I agree that it was probably racial profiling.

Last edited:
It appears these cops were in the wrong. What would give them the idea that a woman’s lacrosse team would be carrying drugs? I agree that it was probably racial profiling.
Regardless, they had no warrant or identifiable suspicion that a crime was being committed.

Regardless of their race, there is no reason to search passenger bags due to a traffic infraction of the Driver

Signs in Georgia state "Any truck with more than 6 wheels not permitted in outside lane".

If I was a tour bus driver I would note that I wasn't driving a truck.

This is 100 percent nonsense and cannot be tolerated !!!
The redneck cops must be terminated!!!

Funny I was driving with yankee plates in Atlanta and the cop pulled me over and asked me, “ why I was in a black area “

He was just trying to protect you.

I'm pretty sure the courts will rule that driving in the left lane is not a justification to search the luggage of everyone on a bus. They also found absolutely nothing. I hope they sue and bankrupt Georgia.

DSU, state leaders 'incensed' after team bus stopped, searched in Georgia
Considering Dems now want to “monitor” all on-line speech, I think you need to get used to the idea that everything you have is really “the government’s“ and thus they can search and take whatever the fuck they want.

Some people believe having to wear a mask in public( a modest inconvenience) is denying rights.

Worse than that, there are plenty of people who are so damn stupid that they believe that a mask with 50-micron or larger gaps will protect anyone from a 0.05- to 0.2-micron virus.

And even worse, there are those who are so stupid that they believe the criminal politicians who forced us to wear these stupid masks did so out of concern for our well-being.

Forum List

Back