Strange Thing Happened ...

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I had some running around to do today that included filling my gas tank. Pulled into my usual station and put in my card ...and while I was filling up I glanced at the window thing that gives you the choices of what to do, and my damned driver's license picture ID popped up and then went away. Is this some kind of new security thing that's been implemented? The station said it wasn't their doing ... is this something that the card issuer might have instituted? My bank account is as it should be - I'm just going to have to wait until Monday to see if the bank knows anything about the practice. It just took me by surprise since it's the first time this has happened.

Has this happened to any of y'all?

A lot of time I do pay inside. If I'm on a road trip, I always notify my bank where I'm going and where I will be using my card.

I hate the pumps with the TV's blaring away. I told my local convenience store that they could be making an extra two cents/gallon if they gave the option to turn the damn thing off. :lol:

I hate the pumps with the TV's blaring away. I told my local convenience store that they could be making an extra two cents/gallon if they gave the option to turn the damn thing off. :lol:

Oh, I hate those things too - usually scares the crap out of me - makes me feel like someone's walking up behind me.

I usually pay cash, but when I have used the card I've not seen anything like that happen. That just sounds weird & fishy for your id to show

Well, I'll be checking with my bank first thing Monday. If there's anything going on, they'll cancel my card immediately and re-issue a new one. I've sort of been wondering if it might have something to do with that new chip thing they've been putting on cards. A lot of places in my town aren't "chip ready" yet. In any event, I don't use my card as a debit card unless the machine won't do anything except debit purchases.

I went to a pay one. I couldn't make it work and so I ran away. Then a copper parked behind me at the next servo. He was nice but.

Forum List

Back