Student was fired for expressing his conservative views

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
<div class="bbWrapper">A junior at the University of Michigan says he is being attacked for expressing his conservative views.<br /> Student Omar Mahmood was fired from the “mainstream” student newspaper, Michigan Daily, over a satirical column that he wrote for the Michigan Review, a conservative student publication.<br /> <br /> <a href="http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/12/18/student-says-his-home-was-egged-he-was-fired-conservative-column" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">Student Says His Home Was Egged He Was Fired for Conservative Column - Fox Nation</a><br /> That`s Ok to be liberal or progressive but if you`re try to keep your consernative line (traditional marriage, for example) you will be attacked...only liberals can be satirical. If conservatives do it its automatically racist...</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">Um<br /> <br /> <blockquote data-attributes="" data-quote="" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> Mahmood said he has received hundreds of emails from liberals and minorities saying that he did nothing wrong. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote></div>

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote data-attributes="member: 20112" data-quote="bodecea" data-source="post: 10378666" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=10378666" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" rel="nofollow" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-10378666">bodecea said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> Um<br /> <br /> <blockquote data-attributes="" data-quote="" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> Mahmood said he has received hundreds of emails from liberals and minorities saying that he did nothing wrong. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote><br /> So I read the satire piece- and it was pretty funny. <br /> <br /> <a href="http://www.michiganreview.com/do-the-left-thing/" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">Do the Left Thing Michigan Review</a><br /> <br /> Reading the piece I think the paper made a stupid decision.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote data-attributes="member: 51902" data-quote="Syriusly" data-source="post: 10378733" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=10378733" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" rel="nofollow" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-10378733">Syriusly said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> <blockquote data-attributes="member: 20112" data-quote="bodecea" data-source="post: 10378666" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=10378666" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" rel="nofollow" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-10378666">bodecea said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> Um<br /> <br /> <blockquote data-attributes="" data-quote="" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent js-expandContent "> Mahmood said he has received hundreds of emails from liberals and minorities saying that he did nothing wrong. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote><br /> So I read the satire piece- and it was pretty funny.<br /> <br /> <a href="http://www.michiganreview.com/do-the-left-thing/" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">Do the Left Thing Michigan Review</a><br /> <br /> Reading the piece I think the paper made a stupid decision. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink js-expandLink"><a role="button" tabindex="0">Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote><br /> I just read the article too. Are we sure he wasn&#039;t fired for just being a shitty writer? That essay was erratic and poorly put together. In fact its barely a satire. I&#039;m not sure even the writer knows what it is.</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">I bet the editors were all Right Handed too!</div>

<div class="bbWrapper">How dare they inhibit speech in their privately owned newspaper! Why the next thing you know, MSMB will start to cens.......................................</div>

Forum List

Back