Students Are Refusing to Pay Back Their Loans When Payment Pause Ends

You signed the papers, just like I did, so you can pay it all back just like I did. Those refusing to pay hopefully will see their credit ratings go in the toilet.

Diploma Dumbos

Only totalitarian brainwashing would make Americans so stupid that they believe in getting a job just by going four years without a job. Paying for that voluntary unemployment is even more slavish.

Can you imagine at a job interview being told, "We'll give you a white-collar job if you first spend four years here working without pay. In fact, we're even going to make you pay for that privilege" (as if tuition is the only thing to discuss)?

Last edited:
I paid back my student loans immediately.
But back then tuition rates were reasonable.
Now tuition rates are ridiculous.
The colleges teach students that they are being exploited by rich white people.....and colleges are run by rich white people.

There will be consequences.

If there is any forgiveness, it needs to come from the schools themselves.
Not the taxpayers.
Use the large endowments, not my taxpaying $$$$'s to pay off these loans.
Confiscating Inherited Wealth Will Fund Highly Paid Professional Training

I see meek squeaking throwaway comments about "entitled" and "affluenza," and "born on third base," but not emphasizing the tyranny of birth privileges as the worst evil means Plebeian America is headed for Third World status.

The colleges teach students that they are being exploited by rich white people.....and colleges are run by rich white people.

Just FYI.

1685819600527.png

We think of costs in terms of "tuition" but that is only part of it. Room, Board, and Books easily double the costs. Above is the current expectations of annual costs for the State University my daughter attended. (I ignore the Travel, Personal, and Loan fee cost.)

The University my wife works for requires students to live on campus through their Junior year. (It is also a State University.)

WW

We don't raise strong, intelligent, decent, moral, ambitious and responsible people anymore on the whole.
Matriculation Is Emasculation

Students not being paid for their grades is for teenagers who are afraid to grow up. Supporting this class-biased indentured servitude is the cause of what you miss about America. You get what you pay for. Since students aren't paid, graduates aren't worth anything.

A typical case I know of is someone who when he was 16 was as mature as a 25-year-old. After going through seven years of this insult to intelligence and maturity in undergraduate and law school, he acted like a 16-year-old. Even though he had a good job and was aggressive in asking girls out, he ran away from marriage until he was 40.

Trades pay better, and sooner in the first ten years...
"From Each According to His Abilities, to Each According to His Greed"

More of this programmed generic attitude about who belongs in what level of jobs. If you don't care that the only people capable of doing that level of work wind up in blue-collar jobs, then you deserve to suffer from the lack of natural ability at the top. Communists, just like our private-sector parasites, also believe that talent is a gift that you owe the fruits of to those in power.

I think that is increasingly the case, yes.

College for the masses has kind of outlived its utility. Used to be that employers viewed someone with a college degree as more mentally flexible and trainable than someone with less education
"Avoid Flunking So You Can Become a Flunky"

Employers never believed that. They favored a college graduate as someone so bootlicking that he would sacrifice four of the best years of his life just to work for a sadistic Scrooge like them.

Last edited:
Adults sign papers and have adult responsibilities in most places and ages; it is not new.

GSounds good on it's face and has been going on for years at community colleges but let's face it, if you have some worthless degree in the first place that says a lot about the person that went in debt for it....I'd sure not hire them to the point I'd help pay off their debt.
Generic Mistaken for Genius

More lies originating in the ruling class. When doing a job that can be learned at the job, or has no academic requirement, such as sales or even management, the employers would put you it because of the delusion that college graduates are more intelligent and motivated.

Second, you can get into Law School, MBA Business School, and even Medical School with any kind of degree as long as your GPA is high enough.

If the government didn’t hand out subsidized federal loans like candy, schools wouldn’t be getting away with charging $50,000 a year - where colleges resemble a resort. Let kids go back to living in cinderblock dorm rooms and walking over to the cafeteria dining hall, and costs would drop.

Sounds like a personal problem. They will be fending off the bloodsucking collectors forever. Time for bankruptcy.

Can't forgive student loans with bankruptcy. Why? Because then you'd get a free degree.

So I say if you declare bankruptcy then you forfeit your degree. Deal?

Last edited:

Our son graduated with his bachelors with no debt.

Our daughter graduated with her JD with about 1/3 the total debt of her peers. She's in the 1.2% of student loan holders who have still been making payments even though payments have been suspended with a temporary 0% interest. That means 100% of her payments have been going directly against principal which will have good long term impacts.

WW

We've been paying our Nieces way through college with the understanding that she would pay her own way in her final year.
We want Her to have some skin in the game and Her Mother agrees.

You signed the papers, just like I did, so you can pay it all back just like I did. Those refusing to pay hopefully will see their credit ratings go in the toilet.

I see how this is going to turn out. Many prosecutors on the left have already been saying they won't prosecute certain crimes. So, this will just be another one added onto the list.

Adults sign papers and have adult responsibilities in most places and ages; it is not new.

Yes, but we tell 18 year-olds that they need to complete 4 or 6+ years of 'higher ed' if they want a decent-paying job. Many companies in this country reinforce this idea when they make college degrees a minimum requirement to apply for many management or associate-level positions.

Obviously, yes, the individual borrower is responsible, but we make it too easy for young, inexperienced people to make bad decisions in this particular case. The schools themselves bear a lot of the blame, marketing their crazy expensive degrees as 'gateways to the middle class'.

Forum List

Back