Stupid SUV's

Not for you, I get that.

Oh well. :dunno:

You brought in "60 mph", not me. You may not know this in downtown Peoria but roads where you go 60 mph and roads with deer strolling across them are jest not the same roads.

Don't get out of the city much, do you? Offhand, I saw several deer on a road with a 60+MPH traffic speed while crossing Indiana. (IIRC, the speed limit varied between 50 and 65.)

Uh -- I'm not IN Indiana dood. Why would I drive for Indiana unless I'm in it? I drive according to where I am. And around here, "deer" and "60 mph traffic" simply do not coexist. Moreover, I never even brought up "60 mph". What you're looking at is a troll who's been making shit up through the whole thread. That's HIS strawman -- not mine. So cut the bullshit.

So you never drive sixty where deer are present? Why do I find that hard to believe?
You must take dirt roads everywhere you go.

Not for you, I get that.

Oh well. :dunno:

You brought in "60 mph", not me. You may not know this in downtown Peoria but roads where you go 60 mph and roads with deer strolling across them are jest not the same roads.

Don't get out of the city much, do you? Offhand, I saw several deer on a road with a 60+MPH traffic speed while crossing Indiana. (IIRC, the speed limit varied between 50 and 65.)

Uh -- I'm not IN Indiana dood. Why would I drive for Indiana unless I'm in it? I drive according to where I am. And around here, "deer" and "60 mph traffic" simply do not coexist. Moreover, I never even brought up "60 mph". What you're looking at is a troll who's been making shit up through the whole thread. That's HIS strawman -- not mine. So cut the bullshit.

You made a simple declarative statement, to wit: "You may not know this in downtown Peoria but roads where you go 60 mph and roads with deer strolling across them are jest not the same roads." I pointed out that said statement was, in all respects, wrong.

You made a simple declarative statement, to wit: "You may not know this in downtown Peoria but roads where you go 60 mph and roads with deer strolling across them are jest not the same roads." I pointed out that said statement was, in all respects, wrong.

Peoria is in Illinois, National Geographic Man. And it refers to the other person's location, not mine. And third, it's a placeholder name anyway.

SMH...

I was going 65 when I hit the deer with the truck.
And deer stroll onto the freeway REGULARLY.

Like I said before, the more Pogo blathers, the more obvious it is that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

And not just on this topic.

"
Do not try to swerve around an animal!
You could lose control of your vehicle and hit a tree or another vehicle — both potentially much worse than hitting a deer. If you swerve, there’s also a chance that the animal will panic and run into your path. Instead, keep your lane position and sound your horn while braking in a controlled manner."

Deer Versus Car Accidents Increase | Fox News

Peoria is in Illinois, National Geographic Man. And it refers to the other person's location, not mine. And third, it's a placeholder name anyway.

SMH...

I have seen deer IN HIGHWAY MEDIANS in several states...yes, including Illinois! Think! I promise it will not hurt!

"
You could lose control of your vehicle and hit a tree or another vehicle — both potentially much worse than hitting a deer. If you swerve, there’s also a chance that the animal will panic and run into your path. Instead, keep your lane position and sound your horn while braking in a controlled manner."

rofl.gif
-- Fox Noise as source for driving advice? :lmao:

I know exactly what my cars can do and where the limit is. Again your caring concern is heartwarming but really not necessary.

And the day I start taking driving advice from Fox Noise, rather than giving it to them, is the day I look to you for tips on diplomacy.

Like I said before, the more Pogo blathers, the more obvious it is that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

You're in Oregon. Buy a map.

And again, I never even brought up a speed. Troll boy did that. I drive for the conditions present at the time -- maybe you should too (if deer stroll out there regularly then why are you doing 65?)

Last edited:
Yes, you did. You said that it was unlikely that there would be any deer where people were driving 60 mph.

Which in and of itself is breathtakingly stupid.

NO, I DID NOT. The first time "60mph" (or any speed relating to deer) was brought up was here, post 165:

I dont care if you're Mario Andretti. Sometimes you cant avoid em because they do some stupid shit,like run off the the road and then right back in front of you.

That's basically what this F-150 did. Both of them.

That's the whole point -- when that does happen I want to be able to take that evasive action on a moment's notice. And I wouldn't have that capability were I in what they're driving - or in an inverted bathtub. Therefore I make sure I'm driving something that can handle it. And it works - repeatedly.

And when that happens,which it will if you drive in areas with a heavy deer population,I'd rather be in a truck.

You do what you want. I was describing what works for me based on my experience. And I live in a heavy deer population. My back yard is bordered by a federal forest. They're all around here. Sometimes if they're hanging around when I get home I chase them up the driveway (with the car) back into that forest. Once again-- I'm not a passive bystander in all of this.

So you're telling me you can dodge a deer while going 60 mph? Bullshit!

Notice there's no reference to "60 mph" for him to refer to. Notice he pulled that premise completely out of his ass.
I am not responsible for the strawmen of trolls. Not even you are responsible for that.

And trust me, the road I was referring to, you couldn't get up to 60 if you wanted to anyway.

Last edited:
I don't care when it was brought up. What I was referencing was your remarkably idiotic comment that deer and 60 mph didn't coexist. Seriously, that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, bar none.

I don't care when it was brought up. What I was referencing was your remarkably idiotic comment that deer and 60 mph didn't coexist. Seriously, that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, bar none.

You left out that I said "around here". Let me know when you're here and I'll be happy to show you.
We'll take the MINI so I can show you what a swerve really is. And what a rollover isn't.

You can't stay here though. :eusa_snooty:

Last edited:
There are no freeways in Illinois? No deer?

There is a 9 mile section of I-57 in IL, north of the I-24 junction, that I have marked of my map as Deer Strike Alley...never less than 10 deer carcasses on that stretch of highway at any time...and they are totally desensitized to road traffic and air horns...they don't even look up.

There are no freeways in Illinois? No deer?

You're a fucking idiot, lol.

I'm not anywhere near Illinois. As I said, "Peoria" was a meaningless placeholder -- and as used, referred not to me but to the poster I was addressing anyway.

A "placeholder" is a meaningless filler to mean a generic, like "East Jipip" or "Podunk". Or "Joe Blow". Therefore "Illinois" has no relevance to anyone.

Who da idjit now, beeyatch?

I imagine there are both deer and freeways in Illinois. Haven't been there in a good eight years except by plane.

Last edited:
Oh so you live in some unnamed state where there either are no freeways, or no deer.

You bet, skippy.

You're an idiot. You know it, I know it, even Mylo knows it and Mylo spends about 1/3 of her life licking herself. My point being...you're an idiot.

Oh so you live in some unnamed state where there either are no freeways, or no deer.

You bet, skippy.

You're an idiot. You know it, I know it, even Mylo knows it and Mylo spends about 1/3 of her life licking herself. My point being...you're an idiot.

My location is right up there in the upper right where it's been since I got here.

And again, on the dead-end dirt road leading to my house, unless one is throwing a baseball there's no such thing as "60mph". There are deer, but since only one of those two exists, they can't coexist. And if you take that road out to the highway you'll find so many switchbacks you still can't do 60. Not even in the MINI, which is nailed to the road. Take your index finger and press it all the way down with your thumb, and you have something of a map. Try 60 on that kind of curve.

Not that any of this means anything since I never introduced the idea of 60 mph in the first place.

Perhaps Mylo can 'splain that out for ya. Here, give this to Mylo:
Woof. Grrrowrowr troll yap yap bark bark "60 mph" whimper yap yap. Grrowr yap yap "Peoria" :lol: Whimper yap grworl bark "deer" yap yap "fucking idiots".

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah that doesn't explain the massive dump truck load of fail you can proudly lay claim to in this thread.

Monumental.

That would be HereWeTrollAgain. I should have continued to ignore him but trolls will be trolls. Whattayagonnado.

"

rofl.gif
-- Fox Noise as source for driving advice? :lmao:

I know exactly what my cars can do and where the limit is. Again your caring concern is heartwarming but really not necessary.

And the day I start taking driving advice from Fox Noise, rather than giving it to them, is the day I look to you for tips on diplomacy.

You're in Oregon. Buy a map.

And again, I never even brought up a speed. Troll boy did that. I drive for the conditions present at the time -- maybe you should too (if deer stroll out there regularly then why are you doing 65?)

You're a joke. You cant drive with the constant expectation of hitting a deer. NO ONE does that,you're going to drive above fifty at some point and to say different is ridiculous . Go peddle your ignorant theories elsewhere.

Forum List

Back