suddenly i feel very old

You might be confusing it with the American Staffordshire.... which, yes, is a pit bull breed but with significant differences than what people know as Pit Bulls.
I looked it up. We are both wrong. You were closer than me. It's the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Historically used for nanny tasks.

Today, the child raising dogs have got to be the Husky and Malamute.

Our GSD is a part of our family. She is pretty large for a female (82 lbs)
Being a GSD owner comes with a price, and you have to be able to afford that price monetarily as well as the patience it takes to train and socialize such an animal when it is a puppy.
She is a magnificent guard dog. When we bought this home in 2019 we was not aware that just over a mile down the road is a shit area with plenty of meth heads etc. They walk up and down the road we live on.
She has made her presence known to these folks many times... everyone near here knows we have a bad ass dog.
Having said that... she is very friendly to accepted people once introduced.

View attachment 786372
She's beautiful.

Having worked with dogs for a few years, the most vicious, with the least amount of provocation has got to be the Chihuahua. They are like piranhas.

Oh, I'm paying attention. :D Your self-righteous schtick is unmistakable.
my "self-righteous schtick"? :heehee:
1684354560429.png

Most vicious dog I ever encountered was a doxxy.
Damn straight. A young rod (avatar) literally drove a buzzard off some road kill, and took out four rattlesnakes. He as a smelly, whiny, killing machine.

yesterday i had to go over to the neighbor who has a pack....bull mastiff/great dane crosses and a great dane...the great dane is up for stud ...so i was talking to him about getting the puppy.. when suddenly the dane just began to push me around playing...i could not stop him..the owner was pulling him away but then i realized..i am too damn old to start over with a massive great dane...part of the reason i wanted a pup off this dane was he is a healthy as hell dog...no weight problems...

it is scary watching the bull mastiff mixes fight with each other...they are playing but go up in the air ...

It would have done the same if you were younger.
I had a buddy with a 200lb Rottweiler who pushed me around and I weighed the the same.
He kept trying to climb in the front seat of his Suburban and I couldnt stop him.

Forum List

Back