Suit: Police chasing white suspect wrongly arrest Black man

BOSTON (AP) — A suburban Boston police officer who was pursuing a white suspect pinned a 20-year-old Black man to the ground as he was walking home and placed a knee on the man's neck despite having no evidence that he was involved in any crime, according to a federal civil rights lawsuit filed Wednesday.

Donovan Johnson was minutes away from home after leaving work in February 2021 when a white officer who had been chasing the white suspect ran up to Johnson, drew his gun and threw him to the snow-covered ground face first, the lawsuit filed against the town of Arlington, Massachusetts, and three of its officers alleges.

Police were were initially called to an Arlington hotel about a man seen there who the staff believed was previously involved in the theft of televisions, the lawsuit says. The white man was “known to police” for “prior criminal acts” and when officers arrived at the hotel, officer Steven Conroy showed a photo of the man to the front desk clerk, who said it appeared to be the same person.

Police went to the room to investigate, but the man escaped and they began to chase him, according to the lawsuit. Johnson, who was almost to his Somerville home, saw the man jog past him before Conroy approached and yelled at both men to “get the (expletive) on the floor.”

The white suspect got on his knees, but Johnson stayed standing, the lawsuit says. After that, Johnson says Conroy drew his gun, threw him to the ground and pinned him down with a knee on his neck.

Another officer who arrived in a cruiser recognized the white man and put him in handcuffs, and the suspect told the officer he didn't know Johnson, according to the lawsuit. A third officer who arrived “immediately jumped on” Johnson to help Conroy hold him down, according to the complaint.

This story can't be true, because there is no such thing as a white criminal.

The police don't have to chase down white men because they never commit petty crimes.

This black guy was guilty as hell, these officers should be receiving medals instead of a lawsuit.
Statistics indicate the black kid was guilty of a bunch of shit, so I don't care.
:laughing0301:

The only reason we have or need police is because of black people.

Throw a rock at a group of black dudes, and you would hit 10 felons.

Gee, the white suspect obeyed the orders of the police officer, and the black guy (as usual) fought with them. Gee, it sure sounds like racism to me! What else could it be? :eusa_shhh:

Gee, the white guy had done something wrong and was being chased by the police, the black guy was walking home.

This will blow your little mind, but police are not gods that must be obeyed instantly.

The fictional character? That Azog? You support genocide of the Jews. I always Knew that about your racist ass. Glad you are finally in the open about it.
I never take SuperConspiracyBrutha seriously. He is every bit a caricature of over-the-top race conspiracy advocacy, just like Conspiracy Brother (Dave Chappelle) from Undercover Brother.

Gee, the white guy had done something wrong and was being chased by the police, the black guy was walking home.

This will blow your little mind, but police are not gods that must be obeyed instantly.
While I agree that police are not gods, it sure as hell pays to cooperate when they are trying to do their job.

Society decided long before I was born that police protection is necessary. If it is no longer necessary, fine. But, we need to make up our minds one way or the other. I am good with either.

Just restore my unalienable right to all bearable arms and I will take care of myself and my own.

While I agree that police are not gods, it sure as hell pays to cooperate when they are trying to do their job.

Society decided long before I was born that police protection is necessary.

We can have police protection without becoming a police state with the motto of "Comply or die"

We can have police protection without becoming a police state with the motto of "Comply or die"
That's the problem. There is no other motto. It effectively strips all enforceability from police if there is not forcible compliance.

I'll tell you what. Give me a scenario where compliance is not mandatory upon penalty of death.

Society wanted government. Government is force.

I have to comply. You have to comply. Black people have to comply even though they really seriously hate doing so because they think they're special.

Don't pay your taxes and dare the government to do something about it and resist all the way to the end and see what happens. That's synonymous with being fitted for a coffin.

I am good either way. Get rid of all police and military. Strip the government of enforcement capabilities right now. I am totally fine with that.

Until then, I expect everyone to comply to lawful orders, including motherfuckers who think they're special.

That's the problem. There is no other motto. It effectively strips all enforceability from police if there is not forcible compliance.

I'll tell you what. Give me a scenario where compliance is not mandatory upon penalty of death.

Society wanted government. Government is force.

I have to comply. You have to comply. Black people have to comply even though they really seriously hate doing so because they think they're special.

Don't pay your taxes and dare the government to do something about it and resist all the way to the end and see what happens. That's synonymous with being fitted for a coffin.

I am good either way. Get rid of all police and military. Strip the government of enforcement capabilities right now. I am totally fine with that.

Until then, I expect everyone to comply to lawful orders, including motherfuckers who think they're special.

If I do not pay my taxes the Govt will not kill me.

You are going off the deep end this fine morning.

Harassing innocent people is not a part of their job.

Society decided long before I was born that police protection is necessary. If it is no longer necessary, fine. But, we need to make up our minds one way or the other. I am good with either.

Just restore my unalienable right to all bearable arms and I will take care of myself and my own.

I find it odd that so many seem to think our only options is to allow the cops to do whatever they want or have no cops at all.

If I do not pay my taxes the Govt will not kill me.
I said don't pay your taxes and then resist all the way to the end.

They prosecute you and find you guilty of tax evasion. You do not willfully surrender. Now you're a fugitive who resists any form of arrest.

They will kill you.

Tell me I'm going off the deep end. Tell me that's not true.

and that sounds an awful lot like comply or die does it not?

Like I said, I am totally fine getting rid of all enforcement capabilities of government. Strip that motherfucker down to nothing. Phone with me.

But we need to decide either way. Because some of us think they are above the law while the rest of us have to comply. Let's make it even shall we?

Harassing innocent people is not a part of their job.
Investigating and pursuing potential suspects is part of their job (like it or not). Government is force. Long before I was born, people decided they want to government with the ability to arrest people.

That comes with mistakes. The mistake is not Identified upon a rest. That's something fir the judge and jury decide.

Resist and you will be killed.

Now if we want to get rid of that, fine with me.

I am not in favor of keeping it for everybody but black people.

I find it odd that so many seem to think our only options is to allow the cops to do whatever they want or have no cops at all
Give me a scenario where police are not allowed to use deadly force and we can still have a system of justice.

You can't.

If I can always resist and have nothing bad happened to me, I will ALWAYS resist and never comply.

Government is force.

Get rid of government, and I'm fine.. I don't care. We just need to make up our fucking minds which way we're going to go.

Investigating and pursuing potential suspects is part of their job (like it or not).

Some guy walking home that you weren't even chasing is not a subject. An officer chasing a white guy but then decides to jump a black guy has no business being an officer.

Government is force. Long before I was born, people decided they want to government with the ability to arrest people.

That comes with mistakes. The mistake is not Identified upon a rest. That's something fir the judge and jury decide.

Resist and you will be killed.

Now if we want to get rid of that, fine with me.

I am not in favor of keeping it for everybody but black people.

Getting rid of that is what many of us are after.

Give me a scenario where police are not allowed to use deadly force and we can still have a system of justice.

You can't.

If I can always resist and have nothing bad happened to me, I will ALWAYS resist and never comply.

Government is force.

Get rid of government, and I'm fine.. I don't care. We just need to make up our fucking minds which way we're going to go.

The police officers who used deadly force on Elijah McClain are facing trial this month. That is what we were after. You do NOT jump someone for peacefully walking home.

But we need to decide either way. Because some of us think they are above the law while the rest of us have to comply. Let's make it even shall we?

People do not think they are above the law by not complying with an unlawful command from a police office, they also do not think the police are above the law either. I had to deal with strong arm tactics by the police when they came to my house to question my then 17 year old son because an empty house in our subdivision had been broken into and a party was thrown. So they went to all the high schools in the subdivision and tried to scare them into ratting on people, without even knowing if any of them were there.

First they tried to tell me they had the right to talk to him alone, and then one of the stupid fucks told me "If he were my son I would want him to do the right thing"....I told him I did not need him to tell me how to parent and they could all get the fuck off my property, they tried to not leave but my sent my son inside and told them we were done.

Never heard from the again.

If I were you, I would have just left my son with them and said "good luck".

People do not think they are above the law by not complying with an unlawful command from a police office, they also do not think the police are above the law either. I had to deal with strong arm tactics by the police when they came to my house to question my then 17 year old son because an empty house in our subdivision had been broken into and a party was thrown. So they went to all the high schools in the subdivision and tried to scare them into ratting on people, without even knowing if any of them were there.

First they tried to tell me they had the right to talk to him alone, and then one of the stupid fucks told me "If he were my son I would want him to do the right thing"....I told him I did not need him to tell me how to parent and they could all get the fuck off my property, they tried to not leave but my sent my son inside and told them we were done.

Never heard from the again.

If I were you, I would have just left my son with them and said "good luck".

Sadly they would have been permitted to lie to your son. "Your friend told us you were there".

Some guy walking home that you weren't even chasing is not a subject. An officer chasing a white guy but then decides to jump a black guy has no business being an officer
You think it was intentional?

Even if it were, the way our society is wrongfully established, black dude has no choice but to cooperate...or die.

Forum List

Back