🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Super-liberal Seattle putting up WALLS to keep out homeless AMERICANS!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Damn walls. Everybody knows they're useless or we'd have them on our southern border.

Seattle is putting fences under its bridges to keep campers out — and some say that’s wrong

feb 6 2018 When Mike O’Brien, Ballard’s Seattle City Council member, biked up the Ballard Bridge last Thursday night, he counted five tents camped under the north ramp.

He went back Tuesday, and those tents were gone. The underpass was fenced off, and workers were drilling holes to put up a 10-foot-high spiked fence to prevent homeless people from camping there.

The price tag on this fencing: $100,000 for both sides of Northwest Leary Way at the Ballard Bridge. That money, O’Brien reasoned, could have housed those five households in apartments for a year.

“So where are they now?” O’Brien said, with construction under the bridge behind him almost drowning him out. “They didn’t go into housing. They likely didn’t move to North Dakota. They’re probably three blocks from here, next to some business.”

They've also installed those high concrete walls along the freeways. Cali has them too. Walls are everywhere, except where they're needed most. Liberals are a bunch of hypocrites.

But, but, but....walls don't WORK!

They've also installed those high concrete walls along the freeways. Cali has them too. Walls are everywhere, except where they're needed most. Liberals are a bunch of hypocrites.

I don't know about California, but in Illinois that put up those huge 30~40 foot walls as sound barriers along side highways.

They did it at the ramp where i get on I-5 leaving from Seattle every day. I havent seen one tent since they put them up. I like walls.

• Banned

Liberals say walls won't work on the southern border because people will dig tunnels under the wall. HAHA

I don't know about California, but in Illinois that put up those huge 30~40 foot walls as sound barriers along side highways.

Yep, those walls........but then a wall is wall, right?

They did it at the ramp where i get on I-5 leaving from Seattle every day. I havent seen one tent since they put them up. I like walls.

I try to stay out of Seattle as much as possible so I don't know about that, but in other areas those tents have been cropping up around the entrance & exits off I-5 and other hwys

Sound proof walls between residential areas and freeways have been around for decades. In California, the walls just behind million-dollar homes are covered with homeless drug addicts, their tents and tarps, feces and urine and general trash and debris.
California is the epitome of dysfunction.

Sound proof walls between residential areas and freeways have been around for decades. In California, the walls just behind million-dollar homes are covered with homeless drug addicts, their tents and tarps, feces and urine and general trash and debris.

true enough, but not just Cali. Those tents & trash are everywhere

The homeless in King Country are just migrating to Snohomish Country.
I always wondered why those useless bike racks were on that busy strip in Belltown. Fencing is for "safety" of the over passes:2up: ,plus the tents were literally taking over downtown. How can you build beautiful new skyscrapers with that in your face everyday.
Talk talk talk is all they do.

I drove all around the country and I don't see it as bad as in CA. I think the climate attracts the homeless there.

Didn't used to be like that. But them dems took over the state.

#6, petroleum addict. Albuquerque walls, where the Rollers make homeless-person snuff flicks (James Boyd). This wall phenomenon is the flipside of immigration just as a petroleum addict's eye-pain is the flipside of fascism: emigration.

I drove all around the country and I don't see it as bad as in CA. I think the climate attracts the homeless there.

That's true. Many years ago (25?) we had went to LA area and could see the homeless camps along the freeways & overpasses. It wasn't like that here in Washington at that time. There were homeless yes, but not everywhere you looked. Fast forward to the last 5-7years and the problem has continually increased and we are now like Cali was then.

That's true. Many years ago (25?) we had went to LA area and could see the homeless camps along the freeways & overpasses. It wasn't like that here in Washington at that time. There were homeless yes, but not everywhere you looked. Fast forward to the last 5-7years and the problem has continually increased and we are now like Cali was then.

Well did California help them?

This is what I don't get you put up walls and stuff what do these homeless people do?

It seems to me if you have a community of homeless people they look out for each other and help one another..

If you scatter them about it's a free for all?

Well did California help them?

This is what I don't get you put up walls and stuff what do these homeless people do?

It seems to me if you have a community of homeless people they look out for each other and help one another..

If you scatter them about it's a free for all?

I don't know what you mean about California helping them?

The walls? Those for sound barrier? I haven't seen any homeless camps between the barrier walls and the freeway and that's probably because of access to surface streets. There are still plenty of areas along the freeway that don't have the walls yet

There is crime within the homeless community as well, so I think it's more of looking out for themselves. Some of those camps may be safer than others.

In the OP, it mentions putting up fences to keep the homeless out.......in Seattle. Other areas combat the problem differently....and it depends on that areas willingness to spend the money & how much. Currently in my area (40 miles south of Seattle), the cops will come along & move them out of a place. Then they move to another location for a few days, then move back to where they were or someone else will move in. And I think the cops only get involved when there has been a complaint made.

Sometimes churches or other organizations will provide an area for the homeless to camp. But I don't know that it's lasted very long, because of the trash, crime, etc before they are moved out.

Even though the homeless population has skyrocketed here, doesn't mean it's gotten any better in Seattle.....or in California.

Does any of this better answer your questions?

Forum List

Back