Supply-Side Jesus and the Death of Shame

JoeNormal

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2012
Nice article on the Republican's greatest strength.

The single greatest political strength of the modern Republican Party is their utter and complete lack of shame. They will say anything - literally anything, no matter how delusional or self-contradictory - if it gets them what they want, or at least deranges the political debate in America enough to keep the other side from getting what it wants.

Where is Jesus in this, Joe? I do not see him at all! I tell you the truth! The only thing that Jesus has laid upon my heart to do is to pray for healing in both parties that people will reach out to each other in love, mercy, compassion and drop all of this fighting and warring with one another! I blame neither side but rather the prince of this world - satan - who delights in us being at each others throats! We should give no place to the devil! NONE.

Now there is one more thing I'd like to say and then I will be quiet as this is a politics thread and I have nothing to say along those lines, Joe. In the past couple of weeks I've participated in some prayer meetings and also prayer with a certain elderly brother full of the Holy Ghost and he is in agreement with me on this... I told him and the others the Lord is putting on my heart we must pray for President Obama and his family. The brother said, yes! He witnesses to that as the Lord has been laying that on his heart too! He said......Yes..... And Congress and the Senate let's pray for them all! So we did and it was glorious!

We didn't call fire down from heaven on their heads! We prayed for healing, unity, love for one another, that Obama and his family and the democrats and republicans, senators, congressmen and women would all feel Gods love, mercy, compassion, nearness!

I am praying they begin to not know each other by the flesh any longer but see the beauty in each person - surely there is something to reach out and connect with! We cannot take this division any longer! We have to come into a place of agreement with God and His Word to Love one another! People are seriously suffering here! This has to stop! What can we do? Sharing my own belief :

Believe the best in each person and that starts with President Obama! He needs our love, our prayers, encouragement, you'd be amazed what Love can do to a person! ANY PERSON! God makes it very clear in the bible that we are to pray for the political leaders. We must pray for them! Mercy triumphs over judgment! What are we doing people?!! These are elected officials - ALL OF THEM! Let us obey God and stop leaning upon our natural minds to pick and choose who we like and who we don't like by what they say and what they do!

There is far more going on than we realize these days and we need to unite in a commitment to pray for these men and women! For those who don't believe in prayer - could you even manage to try and believe the best for each person? To "speak the best" of each person? Even that would be an improvement from where we have all been in the past! Let's start today because truly we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Where is Jesus in this, Joe? I do not see him at all! I tell you the truth! The only thing that Jesus has laid upon my heart to do is to pray for healing in both parties that people will reach out to each other in love, mercy, compassion and drop all of this fighting and warring with one another! I blame neither side but rather the prince of this world - satan - who delights in us being at each others throats! We should give no place to the devil! NONE.

Now there is one more thing I'd like to say and then I will be quiet as this is a politics thread and I have nothing to say along those lines, Joe. In the past couple of weeks I've participated in some prayer meetings and also prayer with a certain elderly brother full of the Holy Ghost and he is in agreement with me on this... I told him and the others the Lord is putting on my heart we must pray for President Obama and his family. The brother said, yes! He witnesses to that as the Lord has been laying that on his heart too! He said......Yes..... And Congress and the Senate let's pray for them all! So we did and it was glorious!

We didn't call fire down from heaven on their heads! We prayed for healing, unity, love for one another, that Obama and his family and the democrats and republicans, senators, congressmen and women would all feel Gods love, mercy, compassion, nearness!

I am praying they begin to not know each other by the flesh any longer but see the beauty in each person - surely there is something to reach out and connect with! We cannot take this division any longer! We have to come into a place of agreement with God and His Word to Love one another! People are seriously suffering here! This has to stop! What can we do? Sharing my own belief :

Believe the best in each person and that starts with President Obama! He needs our love, our prayers, encouragement, you'd be amazed what Love can do to a person! ANY PERSON! God makes it very clear in the bible that we are to pray for the political leaders. We must pray for them! Mercy triumphs over judgment! What are we doing people?!! These are elected officials - ALL OF THEM! Let us obey God and stop leaning upon our natural minds to pick and choose who we like and who we don't like by what they say and what they do!

There is far more going on than we realize these days and we need to unite in a commitment to pray for these men and women! For those who don't believe in prayer - could you even manage to try and believe the best for each person? To "speak the best" of each person? Even that would be an improvement from where we have all been in the past! Let's start today because truly we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I think the title refers to the Southern Strategy - it's not meant to be an offront to the genuinely faithful.

Doesn't anyone want to try to defend the Republicans?

And don't say the Democrats lie just as much. Democrats are certainly not without blame but the Republicans are in a world of their own. Reps and Dems might even have the same agenda but the Dems can cave as they usually do and let the Reps do the serious damage. At least the Dems know that most Americans would prefer a more progressive direction. Reps hand us a shit sandwich and tell us it's for our own good.

And don't say the Democrats lie just as much. Democrats are certainly not without blame but the Republicans are in a world of their own. Reps and Dems might even have the same agenda but the Dems can cave as they usually do and let the Reps do the serious damage. At least the Dems know that most Americans would prefer a more progressive direction. Reps hand us a shit sandwich and tell us it's for our own good.

I don't know what world the Republicans are in, but it certainly isn't Vulcan, because they are highly illogical.

I don't know what world the Republicans are in, but it certainly isn't Vulcan, because they are highly illogical.

Of course unsustainable debt, deficits and 90 trillion in unfunded liabilities for entitlements are totally logical. Where is all that money going to come from? Be logical now.

Lol. "If you like your insurance, you get to keep your insurance"

I get to keep mine. What kind of insurance do you have that you can't keep?

So did I, but there are plenty of posts about people not being able to keep thier plans because they dont meet the new minimum standards. Therefore they have to pay more for something they don't want.

Obama Made a general statement, and it turned out to be a lie. Pretty big lie by a democrat there....

So did I, but there are plenty of posts about people not being able to keep thier plans because they dont meet the new minimum standards. Therefore they have to pay more for something they don't want.

Obama Made a general statement, and it turned out to be a lie. Pretty big lie by a democrat there....

I guess I'd need to know the specifics. The only type of coverage that I know of that's being phased out is 'throw yourself upon the mercy of the caregivers because you have no insurance'.

Illogical? No more illogical than the DNC. Unpopular, maybe. Cross currents, mixed messages. The fixes to compound problems are not so simplistic, neither are they popular when the Host is suffering from addiction. Visionaries, even Prophets, are often hated ans despised for their witness, why is that? We are imperfect. So what is our guide here, surely not best interest or clarity of purpose. The fix is rarely popular, that's a hard truth, so we continue to progress off course, despising correct action, truth, and anything that reminds us of our true reflection. The mere thought of the establishment of justice, an offense to the scheme of the day.

No one is without blame, all have contributed somehow to the fall of America. We have all sinned and anyone who says no, is not being honest with themselves here. We have brought about our own demise. We cannot blame this on any one individual because this is a matter of us as a nation of people having turned away from God - each to their own way! There is only one solution and that is to repent as Ninevah did. That's it.

America was blessed as a Nation by God at one time but today we are under the judgment of God. We are facing disaster here if we do not turn around! That is the truth!

Last edited:
projecting on other's what they do and don't do, and what is true for themselves, an old trick

that article is a shame

Last edited:

Against more democrat clap trap? Not really. These kinds of fecal bombs are thrown out simply to see if republicans rise to the bait. If you notice, fewer and fewer are rising to take that bait.

It's democrats handing you that shit sandwich, it's republicans telling you you don't have to eat it, then the democrats come along and tell you that republicans want you to starve.

The single greatest political strength of the modern Republican Party is their utter and complete lack of shame. They will say anything - literally anything, no matter how delusional or self-contradictory - if it gets them what they want, or at least deranges the political debate in America enough to keep the other side from getting what it wants.

good OP. Unregulated markets are their god. Supply-side jesus got us where we were in 2008

Pos-repped & friends request sent :)

rncflag.jpg

Last edited:

good OP. Unregulated markets are their god. Supply-side jesus got us where we were in 2008

Pos-repped & friends request sent :)

Were markets unregulated in 2008? I don't think so.

what the hell kind of stupid title is that?

that is shameful right there and just downright ignorant

Forum List

Back