Supreme Court strikes blow against states that raise revenue by hefty fines, forfeitures

Last edited:
Supreme Court strikes blow against states that raise revenue by hefty fines, forfeitures

When local governments are allowed to raise revenue through excessive fines, fees, and forfeiture, low-income residents are often trapped in a cycle of poverty.

the Supreme Court is to be applauded for ruling that this practice is unconstitutional
Oh, you mean like fining people that didn't buy health Obama's health insurance?

No, nothing like that at all. Both are wrong, but neither are alike.

Nice try though...keep trying one day you will stumble onto a correct answer.

When local governments are allowed to raise revenue through excessive fines, fees, and forfeiture, low-income residents are often trapped in a cycle of poverty.

the Supreme Court is to be applauded for ruling that this practice is unconstitutional
Oh, you mean like fining people that didn't buy health Obama's health insurance?

Wrong. I'm right on target. Obama and democrats told us day after day that Obungocare wasn't a tax. Now tell me what the Supreme Court said it was. Go ahead, let's see how honest you are.

Wrong. I'm right on target. Obama and democrats told us day after day that Obungocare wasn't a tax. Now tell me what the Supreme Court said it was. Go ahead, let's see how honest you are.

They said it was a tax, which is why it is totally difference than what the police are doing since that is not a tax.

Hope that helps, but I doubt that it will.

They said it was a tax, which is why it is totally difference than what the police are doing since that is not a tax.

Right, democrats and Obungo told us day after day that Obungocare wan't a tax. They lied. Their lawyer stood there in front of the Supreme Court Justices and argued that it was a tax after Obungo and democrats told us it wasn't. They knew it would be found unconstitutional if it wasn't declared a tax. You can't fine people for not buying something in this country. You're not equipped to argue this topic.

Right, democrats and Obungo told us day after day that Obungocare wan't a tax. They lied. Their lawyer stood there in front of the Supreme Court Justices and argued that it was a tax after Obungo and democrats told us it wasn't. They knew it would be found unconstitutional if it wasn't declared a tax. You can't fine people for not buying something in this country. You're not equipped to argue this topic.

The topic is not about fining people for not buying something in this country, it is about unlawful civil forfeiture laws that the SCOTUS struck down with a unanimous decision.

Do try and stay on topic...is that too much to ask?

Oh, you mean like fining people that didn't buy Obama's health insurance?
That's actually a tax on the poor. Not a fine on them.

The topic is not about fining people for not buying something in this country, it is about unlawful civil forfeiture laws that the SCOTUS struck down with a unanimous decision.

Do try and stay on topic...is that too much to ask?
Whatever. Fining people for not buying a product is also unlawful forfeiture. That's my point.

Oh, you mean like fining people that didn't buy Obama's health insurance?
That's actually a tax on the poor. Not a fine on them.
Taxing someone for not buying a product? Call it a tax. Whatever you call it, it's wrong.

Forum List

Back