Supreme Court Unanimously Strikes Down Abortion Clinic "Buffer Zone" Law

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Liberals will now call this part of the "war on women"!!!!

BREAKING: Supreme Court Unanimously Strikes Down Abortion Clinic "Buffer Zone" Law - Christine Rousselle

Jun 26, 2014

The Supreme Court today unanimously struck down a Massachusetts law that required a 35-foot protest-free "buffer zone" around abortion clinics, saying that the statute violated the First Amendment rights of pro-life protestors. The ruling in McCullen v. Coakley also has implications for municipalities that have imposed their own "buffer zone" laws around abortion clinics.

While i support the idea of repealing these buffer zone laws, it is not the job of the courts to repeal laws. Repealing laws is a legislative function and the constitution says all legislative functions are vested in congress.

BREAKING: Supreme Court Unanimously Strikes Down Abortion Clinic "Buffer Zone" Law - Christine Rousselle

Jun 26, 2014

The Supreme Court today unanimously struck down a Massachusetts law that required a 35-foot protest-free "buffer zone" around abortion clinics, saying that the statute violated the First Amendment rights of pro-life protestors. The ruling in McCullen v. Coakley also has implications for municipalities that have imposed their own "buffer zone" laws around abortion clinics.

The "war on children" has become a "war on women". Liberals are a hideous vortex of contradictions.

Indeed, Mr. H. It didn't surprise me myself much, more like just felt great for my suspicions of Hillary being a lying elitist bitch with those tapes of her laughing about getting a man she believed was guilty off of a rape charge involving a 12 year old girl, and laughing about it. Liberals here will still support her, even after proving she doesn't care about the women & the children. SMH

The far left hates women this will just let them shove their hate right in their face.

While i support the idea of repealing these buffer zone laws, it is not the job of the courts to repeal laws. Repealing laws is a legislative function and the constitution says all legislative functions are vested in congress.

actually the law wasn't "repealed". it was found unconstitutional. and while i disagree with the decision, intensely, that is EXACTLY the job of the courts.

disgusting ruling that is going to encourage dangerous loons.

There are still laws against harassment, and people can still ask the cops to remove a person who is acting dangerously. What this prevents is a standing law that makes it criminal for a person to calmly talk to another person within 35 feet of a clinic on public streets.

What is it with progressives and their love of prior restraint laws?

Jun 26, 2014

that one seemed to piss the lefties off more then

obama getting slam dunked on his recess appointments

didnt know just how much the left hates free speech

There's a 250 foot buffer zone at the Supreme Court building. Needless to say, the Justices didn't strike that down.

However, good news. Any OWS protestors can now declare that they're "counseling", and are thus immune to any restrictions as to where they can protest.

There's a 250 foot buffer zone at the Supreme Court building. Needless to say, the Justices didn't strike that down.

However, good news. Any OWS protestors can now declare that they're "counseling", and are thus immune to any restrictions as to where they can protest.

There is a difference between laws saying large groups of people need to be controlled, and what the Massachusetts law said, which targeted ANYONE speaking on a sidewalk within 35 feet of an abortion clinic, unless you were employed by the clinic.

actually the law wasn't "repealed". it was found unconstitutional. and while i disagree with the decision, intensely, that is EXACTLY the job of the courts.

Declaring it unconstitutional is the same as repealing it you nitwit. And what makes you think it's the job of the supreme court.? The constitution doesn't say it is. It says the states have that power. THINK

I heard that also on the the news this morning. An interesting point. All govt officials are hypocrites and think rules shouldn't apply to them.

The far left hates women this will just let them shove their hate right in their face.
If anything is about to be shoved in any faces, it's the ire and zeal of the anti-abortion rights crowd shoving their peculiar brand of hatred into the face of a frightened girl on her way to a clinic.

This will lead to skirmishes in all probability. Abortions will be done under the radar as there will be a demand for them unfortunately. Like the drug war and prohibition, as much as I don't like abortion, it won't stop. Never going to happen.

Forum List

Back