Supreme Court Watch: Chevron Doctrine

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Big case, in my opinion. How much leeway should be given the unelected bureaucrats who do not and never have answered directly to citizens? Really hoping the SC will do the right thing and say "not much" or maybe even "none".

Relentless v. Department of Commerce, No. 22-1219 [Arg: 1.17.2024]
Issue(s): Whether the court should overrule Chevron v. Natural Resources Defense Council, or at least clarify that statutory silence concerning controversial powers expressly but narrowly granted elsewhere in the statute does not constitute an ambiguity requiring deference to the agency.

Big case, in my opinion. How much leeway should be given the unelected bureaucrats who do not and never have answered directly to citizens? Really hoping the SC will do the right thing and say "not much" or maybe even "none".

Issue(s): Whether the court should overrule Chevron v. Natural Resources Defense Council, or at least clarify that statutory silence concerning controversial powers expressly but narrowly granted elsewhere in the statute does not constitute an ambiguity requiring deference to the agency.
our professional civil servants are managed by a corps of political appointees and guided by legislation and the constitution.

what is your problem?

our government is not in the constitution? are you really that crazy?

the only boots getting lickedin his country are trump's and it makes you look like a nazi.

too stupid to read any more. ignore list.

In other words, you can't argue my points so you'll just ignore. I accept your concession, thank you.

I'm confused Sue..... :oops: ~S~

Sorry about that! In my own words: do we as citizens have to defer to decisions made by unelected bureaucrats?

Where are they in the Constitution?

The "Chevron Doctrine" is about 40 years and set up some kind of (unconstitutional) system where unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats are free to (basically) write and enforce regulations outside of Constitutionally-prescribed methods.

In a country of 350 plus million people it is not reasonable to expect Congress to create every single rule and regulation that exist. That is not their purpose.

The "Chevron Doctrine" is about 40 years and set up some kind of (unconstitutional) system where unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats are free to (basically) write and enforce regulations outside of Constitutionally-prescribed methods.
thx, it's starting to sink in Sue

a similar scenario exists in my state where our REC (renewable energy commission) , which are no more than unelected bureaucrats leading our legislators towards expensive carbon tax decisions , were later found to all have ties to renewable energy industry

could it be that the same shtick could occur should the SCOTUS hand off this clean air act to state levels be on the horizon here ???

~S~

Sorry about that! In my own words: do we as citizens have to defer to decisions made by unelected bureaucrats?

Where are they in the Constitution?

Article II Section 2 | Constitution Annotated | Library of Congress

1719400294239.png
Congress.gov
https://constitution.congress.gov › browse › section-2
https://constitution.congress.gov/b...t shall have Power,End of their next Session.
  • Clause 2 Advice and Consent
  • He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.
See above.

I like the chances.....SCOTUS just kicked the ATF in the nuts for overstepping on the bump stock "rule".

They did not base their decision on 2A either. They based it the fact that Congress is supposed to make/amend laws, not unelected bureaucrats.

I like the chances.....SCOTUS just kicked the ATF in the nuts for overstepping on the bump stock "rule".

They did not base their decision on 2A either. They based it the fact that Congress is supposed to make/amend laws, not unelected bureaucrats.
ouch ! ;) ~S~

Article II Section 2 | Constitution Annotated | Library of Congress

View attachment 967628
Congress.gov
https://constitution.congress.gov › browse › section-2
https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/article-2/section-2/#:~:text=The President shall have Power,End of their next Session.
  • Clause 2 Advice and Consent
  • He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

See above.

Do these cretins report to Congress or the Courts though? I don't think so. But after this week, maybe they will.

Trump tells 4 former aides to defy Jan. 6 committee's ...

View attachment 967629
Politico
https://www.politico.com › news › 2021/10/07 › trump...
Oct 7, 2021 — The committee has subpoenaed documents and testimony from four Trump administration alumni: former social media czar Dan Scavino, former Defense ...

well honey, the people vote in the Congress, and then the Congress represents the people. Right now, the Congress is majority Republican. So.

Islamophobic Twat is upset that the government keeps big corporations from poisoning her water!

Forum List

Back