Surprise: Obamacare's 1-800 Number Doesn't Work Either

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Surprise: Obamacare's 1-800 Number Doesn't Work Either - Guy Benson

In conversations this afternoon with the call center, I was repeatedly told that I could not enroll in coverage over the phone. "The only thing we can do is submit an application for you," one call-center representative told me. "We can't purchase anything for you." "No, you cannot do that," another one said, when I told her I had completed my application and would like to enroll in a specific plan.

The second [step in enrollment] is eligibility verification: Healthcare.Gov needs to double-check that the shopper is the person they say they are, that they live in the right state and that have reported their income accurately. A computer system does this part; a call-center agent cannot. The last step is enrollment: picking a specific plan and paying the first month's premium. That payment goes to the insurance plan of the shopper's choosing, not to HealthCare.Gov, which helps explain why the call center cannot accept shoppers' payments.

After a total of four-and-a-half hours on the phone with Obamacare's navigators (in addition to five hours spent online), he's still looking for answers.

I will repeat, again;

The government can't run shit for shit.

Here's a funny bit; aca will add $2trillion to the debt, once it works.

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.

In conversations this afternoon with the call center, I was repeatedly told that I could not enroll in coverage over the phone. "The only thing we can do is submit an application for you," one call-center representative told me. "We can't purchase anything for you." "No, you cannot do that," another one said, when I told her I had completed my application and would like to enroll in a specific plan.

The second [step in enrollment] is eligibility verification: Healthcare.Gov needs to double-check that the shopper is the person they say they are, that they live in the right state and that have reported their income accurately. A computer system does this part; a call-center agent cannot. The last step is enrollment: picking a specific plan and paying the first month's premium. That payment goes to the insurance plan of the shopper's choosing, not to HealthCare.Gov, which helps explain why the call center cannot accept shoppers' payments.

After a total of four-and-a-half hours on the phone with Obamacare's navigators (in addition to five hours spent online), he's still looking for answers.

I will repeat, again;

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.
On the web site, it tells you that you arrange monthly payments through the provider so no you make no purchase until your application is submitted and verified, regardless of whether you use the website or phone.

Last edited:

I will repeat, again;

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.
On the web site, it tells you that you arrange monthly payments through the provider so no you make no purchase until your application is submitted and verified, either on the website or by phone.

yeeaahh

But since people are having a hard time getting on it by computer they are calling, and waiting for hours, to find out calling was a waste of time.

fyi; there's a LOT of older people that don't or can't use the computer and a ph#, that was useful, would be better than the enormous waste of money that it is now.

I will repeat, again;

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.

Vicious circle and an enormous waste of money and time.

Obama and his Statist minions should hang their heads in shame. TAXPAYERS should be outraged and call for many heads on a platter.

I will repeat, again;

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.

Obama and his Statist minions should hang their heads in shame. TAXPAYERS should be outraged and call for many heads on a platter.

you'd have to explain to them what shame is, then explain your explanation.

I will repeat, again;

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.

you'd have to explain to them what shame is, then explain your explanation.
And be PC about it. (From ME? That will never come...I call tyranny where I see it).

I will repeat, again;

Once
It
Works.

Let that sink in.
On the web site, it tells you that you arrange monthly payments through the provider so no you make no purchase until your application is submitted and verified, either on the website or by phone.

yeeaahh

But since people are having a hard time getting on it by computer they are calling, and waiting for hours, to find out calling was a waste of time.

fyi; there's a LOT of older people that don't or can't use the computer and a ph#, that was useful, would be better than the enormous waste of money that it is now.
Fill out a paper application and mail it in. You can request that application be mailed to you or you can download it.

https://www.healthcare.gov/how-do-i-apply-for-marketplace-coverage/

yeeaahh

Fill out a paper application and mail it in. You can request that application be mailed to you or you can download it.

Mail?

:lol:

yeeaahh

Mail?

Yep, that's how most older people that can't use the computer make application for insurance. In fact, some insurance companies collect the information online but have you print it out, sign it, and mail it.

Mail?

Yep, that's how most older people that can't use the computer make application for insurance. In fact, some insurance companies collect the information online but have you print it out, sign it, and mail it.

c'mon

If your old to the point you'd rather use the mail, you're to the point your kids or grandkids are doing the app for you, online or on the phone.

and again

you can't get it done on the phone

c'mon

If your old to the point you'd rather use the mail, you're to the point your kids or grandkids are doing the app for you, online or on the phone.

and again

you can't get it done on the phone
If your old to the point you'd rather use the mail, you're probably on Medicare or Medicaid and wouldn't be using the exchange anyway.

I'm pretty sure if use the help line and say you can't use the website, they will either instruct you on how to download the application or send you an application via email or snail mail. Then if you have problems completing the application you call them back.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back