Survey on Edward Snowden

I've got a few short questions for you guys about the NSA leaker, Edward Snowden issue.

1) Do you believe that former NSA employee Edward Snowden is a hero, a traitor, or something else?

A) Yes, he is a hero.
B) Yes, he is a traitor.
C) He is somewhere in between. (Please explain)

C - A hero would have stayed and what he did is not treason as defined in the Constitution. What he is is an alleged felon on the run.

2) Is it acceptable for the NSA to spy on Americans to stop terrorism?

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

Certainly. Is it unreasonable for the police to watch a store in case someone tries to rob it?

3) Is James Clapper, U.S. Intelligence Chief, one of the real villains in this issue?

A) Yes.
B) No.

No.

4) Do you trust President Barack Obama and his administration to oversee the NSA's spying activities?

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Oh hell no.

Yes.

5) If you had a choice between more spying and less terrorism, or less spying but greater privacy, which would you choose?

A) More spying, less terrorism
B) Less spying, more privacy

Neither.

6) Does our current government necessitate the existence of people like Edward Snowden?

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Unsure.

Yes. So long as we hire contractors we will have contractors.

7) Do you think it is fair that Edward Snowden, the man who told the truth, deserves to be treated like a bad man in spite of the fact that it is our very government who has been lying to us?

A) It's fair for him to be treated that way.
B) No, it's unfair.

If he broke the law, then he is a felon.

8) Do you believe people should speak truth to power?

A) Yes.
B) No.

Certainly. So what? Your bank has personal information on you, do you think they should speak the truth about it?

... said the most dishonest and most partisan hack on the board. When you grow a pair and can own up to what you really think, you'll have the right to criticize others. Until then, you're just so much hot air.

So, "I know you are, but what am I?"

Seriously, I'm subject to lots of criticism. I have lots of flaws. But partisanship is probably the weakest claim you could make. You, on the other hand, defend the Democrats, and particularly the president, no matter how hypocritical their actions. It's utterly disgusting. People like you are sending out nation down the shitter. I'm not inclined to be considerate or patient with your ilk. Not anymore.

I agree 100%. I mean look at his statements claiming no President D or R will repeal the patriot act... We have had one fucking President since the Patriot act, OBAMA. And what did OBAMA (D) do? OBAMA expanded the patriot act and kill's US citizens.

Who knows what future Presidents will do, but that does not let fucking OBAMA off the hook for running on the anti Patriot act candidate only to expand that shit in the worst ways possible.

LOL, Obama is off the hook because future Presidents MIGHT NOT repeal the patriot act... Wow... And luddy calls others partisan.

No president DARES repeal it because terrorism is still, and always will be a threat to the US. No president wants to be the one who repealed the Patriot Act because he/she would be blamed for a successful attack.

The rest of your's and dblack's statements about me are lies.

a hero is someone who puts himself in harm's way for the good of others in a worthy cause.

Snowden is close. He clearly put himself in harm's way. And he did it for the american people. We are debating whether his is a worthy cause. The more our untrustworthy government howls that it is not, the more i think it is.

Clapper committed perjury.

This blanket surveillance (collecting the e-mails and phone records of all americans for use down the road) has got to stop. It will be grossly misused, eventually, probably soon.

what about when the term "terrorist" is redefined to mean every white boy with a deer rifle from montana to mississippi? The obama people are almost there already.

link?

... said the most dishonest and most partisan hack on the board. When you grow a pair and can own up to what you really think, you'll have the right to criticize others. Until then, you're just so much hot air.

So, "I know you are, but what am I?"

Seriously, I'm subject to lots of criticism. I have lots of flaws. But partisanship is probably the weakest claim you could make. You, on the other hand, defend the Democrats, and particularly the president, no matter how hypocritical their actions. It's utterly disgusting. People like you are sending out nation down the shitter. I'm not inclined to be considerate or patient with your ilk. Not anymore.

I agree 100%. I mean look at his statements claiming no President D or R will repeal the patriot act... We have had one fucking President since the Patriot act, OBAMA. And what did OBAMA (D) do? OBAMA expanded the patriot act and kill's US citizens.

Who knows what future Presidents will do, but that does not let fucking OBAMA off the hook for running on the anti Patriot act candidate only to expand that shit in the worst ways possible.

LOL, Obama is off the hook because future Presidents MIGHT NOT repeal the patriot act... Wow... And luddy calls others partisan.

The president does not repeal a law. He enforces laws. The Congress repeals laws. And we have had two presidents since the Patriot Act, not one. PRISM, the program everyone is up in arms about, was initiated in the Bush administration.

I've got a few short questions for you guys about the NSA leaker, Edward Snowden issue.

1) Do you believe that former NSA employee Edward Snowden is a hero, a traitor, or something else?

A) Yes, he is a hero.
B) Yes, he is a traitor.

A) A Hero

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

Fuck no.

3) Is James Clapper, U.S. Intelligence Chief, one of the real villains in this issue?

A) Yes.
B) No.

The ENTIRE federal government . specially the federal "courts".

4) Do you trust President Barack Obama and his administration to oversee the NSA's spying activities?

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Oh hell no.

Fuck no.

5) If you had a choice between more spying and less terrorism, or less spying but greater privacy, which would you choose?

NO Spying.

6) Does our current government necessitate the existence of people like Edward Snowden?

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Unsure.

They don't. We do.

7) Do you think it is fair that Edward Snowden, the man who told the truth, deserves to be treated like a bad man in spite of the fact that it is our very government who has been lying to us?

Fuck no.

A) Yes.
B) No.
[/quote]

Yes, indeed.

A) Yes, he is a hero.
B) Yes, he is a traitor.
He's an American who should be thanked

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

A) Yes.
B) No.
Loaded question, but...

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Oh hell no.

Not less spying. NO spying.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Unsure.
People like Snowden are alwsays important in fighting Statism.

B) No, it's unfair.

Fair is irrelevant. The putting massive pressure on this administration that claimed to protect people like Snowden.

A) Yes.
B) No.

There you go.

a hero is someone who puts himself in harm's way for the good of others in a worthy cause.

Snowden is close. He clearly put himself in harm's way. And he did it for the american people. We are debating whether his is a worthy cause. The more our untrustworthy government howls that it is not, the more i think it is.

Clapper committed perjury.

This blanket surveillance (collecting the e-mails and phone records of all americans for use down the road) has got to stop. It will be grossly misused, eventually, probably soon.

what about when the term "terrorist" is redefined to mean every white boy with a deer rifle from montana to mississippi? The obama people are almost there already.

link?

???? That was an OPINION, not a quote! Lol! Where would the link be? :cuckoo:

A) Yes, he is a hero.
B) Yes, he is a traitor.

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

A) Yes.
B) No.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Oh hell no.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Unsure.

B) No, it's unfair.

A) Yes.
B) No.

1. B He is a traitor by definition. He leaked classified information harmful to the interests of his country.

2. B Only within constitutional bounds.

3. A Real villians are those who authored and put Patriot Act and NDAA into law.

4. B I wouldn't trust ANY administration with these powers.

5. B Although, I think this is a false dichotomy. Less spying does not necessarily mean more terrorism. In any case, I would rather not trade freedom for security.

6. B We don't need traitors and spies compromising our national security from within.

7. A He betrayed this country's trust by releasing classified information. He is guilty of espionage, IMHO.

8. A Speak truth to power via legal means. Leaking classified information and harming national security is not equal to "speaking truth to power."

1. B He is a traitor by definition. He leaked classified information harmful to the interests of his country.

Hummmmmmmm

Doesn't the Constitution require that he expose those who commit treason against the Constitution?

8. A Speak truth to power via legal means. "

Do we still have independent, impartial, non-immunized federal judges?

Last edited:
^ Thats a lot of doublespeak. I'm dizzy.

Then I hope that you are never entrusted with a secret. You'd probably shout it from the rooftops.

A free society and government by and for the people find government secrets, especially those pertaining to American's rights being violated, repugnant.

But you cant tell that to a Statist.

America is not now, nor has it ever been this "free society" where espionage is tolerated. Every country on this planet throughout history has had secrets. Every country has dealt harshly with traitors.

But you can't tell that to an anarchist.

Hummmmmmmm

Doesn't the Constitution require that he expose those who commit treason against the Constitution?

No. It requires that someone levy war against the United States or to give aid and comfort to its enemies. Since we are not in a declared war, officially we have no current enemies to give aid and comfort to. Snowden, by definition, is not a traitor.

A) Yes, he is a hero.
B) Yes, he is a traitor.

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

A) Yes.
B) No.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Oh hell no.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Unsure.

B) No, it's unfair.

A) Yes.
B) No.

1. C. He is neither. He did not commit treason because we are not at war. He's a petty criminal looking for his 15 minutes.

2. Yes as long as they have probable cause that a US citizen(s) is part of or is plotting an attack and have secured a warrant for the surveillance.

3. Most of the information needed to form a decent opinion is classified. So I donno....

4. I don't trust the career bureaucrats. I don't trust the ATF, DEA, FDA EPA to do what is right.

5. Does less spying also equal more terrorism or just more privacy?

6. Some people look for ways to claim their 15 minutes of fame.

7. We are a nation of laws. He is entitled to his day in court.

8. Depend on what truth to what power.

Hummmmmmmm

No. It requires that someone levy war against the United States or to give aid and comfort to its enemies. Since we are not in a declared war, officially we have no current enemies to give aid and comfort to. Snowden, by definition, is not a traitor.

Well, my point precisely.

He swore to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

2. Yes as long as they have probable cause that a US citizen(s) is part of or is plotting an attack and have secured a warrant for the surveillance.

Let's not equivocate. The program in question is blanket surveillance of all emails, phone calls, etc... There's no evidence that the people being spied on are plotting an attack. It's a 'fishing expedition'. We're talking about secret monitoring of our private communications to "keep an eye" on us. Is THAT acceptable?

A) Yes, he is a hero.
B) Yes, he is a traitor.

Mr. Snowden took an oath and he violated that oath. He NEVER took or even investigated any other avenue to bring his concerns to light. He is, in my opinion, a traitor.

A) Yes, acceptable.
B) No, not acceptable.

I would prefer that the NSA limit their activities to foreign nationals, non-citizens and communications originating outside the US.

A) Yes.
B) No.

I think there is more than enough villany to go around. Mr. Clapper is one of a long list.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Oh hell no.

NO, Hell NO, and decidedly NO!

Privacy for US citizens. Non-citizens or foreign nationals are on their own.

A) Yes.
B) No.
C) Unsure.

Mr. Snowden failed to exhaust or even explore other avenues. I have to think that there are other motivations. Spying for another nation perhaps? 15 minutes of fame? I don't know.

B) No, it's unfair.

Mr. Snowden is a traitor and should be brought to justice. Anyone who believes that the federal government has it's citizens welfare as a primary concern is and has been living in a fantasy world. This president has proved time and again his primary concern is with consolodating and strengthening his power.

A) Yes.
B) No.

Yes. They should speak without violating their oath.

Hummmmmmmm

Well, my point precisely.

He swore to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.

I don't know if he took that oath or not. I did when I enlisted, but not everyone does. What I know he did do was sign a document, under oath, that he would not divulge classified information and that oath didn't seem to mean much to him. Then, of course, you come down to what "defending" means. If he believes that he was defending against enemies then why did he run? To put it in a more military manner, why did he quit his post if he thought he was in a war?

During the Vietnam war there were people who refused to be drafted. Those who refused but did not run I have nothing but respect for. They took a stand and accepted the consequences of their principles. Those who left the country just ran. I have no respect for them at all. I see no reason to veiw Snowden in any other light.

Forum List

Back