Suspect 2 in custody!

Apparently HLS was tipped from foreign sources that the older brother was a potential terrorist but they were busy frisking LOL's in airports.

Damn, O'Reilly and even Geraldo says the guy should be executed. Maybe we don't need a trial.

& he may yet be. But the chattering class didn't have any skin in the game, nor any judicial expertise to speak of. In the meantime, I would have the FBI interrogate him until he can't talk anymore. (Patch him up, of course, if he needs it. I anticipate we're going to have a v. long series of talks with him indeed.)

If we've recovered fingerprints, explosives residue on him & the deceased brother, found their lab & assembly line for the bombs, suicide vests & explosives they were alleged to have been throwing around, then we should be able to make the case against him, no sweat.

Good work from the state security organs, National Guard, BPD.

I am glad he is alive. Otherwise whackadoos like The2ndAmendment would invent even more bullshit than they already are.

Also, by all reports this kid was your all around average kid. Everyone who knows him is saying they are completely gobsmacked he did a thing like this.

The older brother, on the other hand, was hardcore about his Islamic faith and was known to smack his woman around. He also forced his wife to convert to Islam.

I'm sure there are a lot more things we are going to learn about this fraternal relationship in the weeks and months to come.

Last edited:
msnbc reporting that a navy seal team did an underwater assault and cut a hole in the bottom of the boat

(My bold)

The boat I saw was covered for storage, & parked in somebody's back yard. SEALs may have cut through the keel & incidentally stunned the suspect, but - if the boat in the backyard I saw on coverage was where he was hiding, there's no way to characterize it as an "underwater assault". Or was it raining?

Lots of fog of war on this one. & the 24/7 media, as usual, stood around a lot, making v. foolish comments.

Good work, though, to ID, track & apprehend the suspects. Now to rehab for all the wounded, services for the dead, therapy for the wounded in mind, support for the bereaved. The survivors will mostly recover, the severely injured - well, Godspeed to them all.

Forum List

Back