🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Swiss tourist gang-raped in India

Though the rate of gun violence doesn't come anywhere near what it is in the US, I think it's interesting that they have 'tightened' rules on gun ownership in recent years. They must be concerned about the level of violence rising. It is also interesting that Switzerland, which has been touted as having an extremely low rate of gun violence, actually has "more domestic homicides and suicides than anywhere else in Europe except Finland."

It seems they are not as in control of their gun situation as has been claimed.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Switzerland. But maybe I'm just foolhardy. (Sarcasm). Based on Jerry's post, the UK is a fearful place. LOL I've traveled all over the UK, on my own, and been to London numerous times without the least bit of problem from violence of any kind.

When I lived in Germany, it was just across the border from Switzerland. The two towns were connected, and just walking across the street was entering another country. Switizerland is a safe and peaceful country, and very pretty. As you can see by the quote, it is mostly domestic violence they are concerned about. But it is guns that are the problem. There used to be a big drug problem in Zurich, and a lot of addicts hanging out in the main park there. Haven't been there for a long time, so I don't know how it is now. I still have friends from when I lived in Germany, and when I visit them, we usually drive over to Switzerland. It's a very nice place. I've been to Basel (twice), Zurich several times, Geneva, the lake district, the Alps, etc. What part of Switzerland will you be in?

Crime rate is extremely low in Switzerland. The rest of Europe has crime rates much higher but the liberals will hide this by claiming it wasn't violence by guns. Of course because in those countries guns are banned. Therein the greater crime rates but the weapon was knives, clubs, etc. The crime in the UK is rising with the immigrants moving there and some are considering the idea that gun ownership is the solution. Thanks!

- Jeremiah

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more absurd.

You do.:cuckoo:
LOL I have him on ignore. He's an irritating moron.

Here is more info about guns in Switzerland (they have very strict gun laws):
In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Switzerland is ranked 22nd. However, there are 45.7 firearms per 100 people. Annual gun homicides 40, .52 per 100,000 people. Firearm regulation: The regulation of guns in Switzerland is categorized as restrictive (meaning they have very strict gun laws). Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

And yes, Sallow, you are right: the reason there is less street crime in Switzerland is because it is a well organized society with good social services, high level of education, lack of poverty (though there are some 'housing' neighborhoods where folks are lower class), good health care and schools, excellent mass transportation, etc. It's a good lifestyle, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Switzerland is ranked 22nd. However, there are 45.7 firearms per 100 people. Annual gun homicides 40, .52 per 100,000 people. Firearm regulation: The regulation of guns in Switzerland is categorized as restrictive (meaning they have very strict gun laws). Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law
Going to be doing a tour of Scandinavia in the Summer. I'll make sure not to accept any dinner invitations.

:razz:

Last edited:
Of course, I was kidding. Do you think international transportation of arms is acceptable?

Is it an 'infringement' of an American's rights?

If they have a license to carry in Switzerland - I'm sure there is procedure for taking it with them. As to our second amendment rights here in USA - forcing americans to register their weapons is an infringement of those rights. Hitler had the citizens of Germany and Austria register their weapons just prior to his order for the Nazis to seize them from all the citizens there

The historical facts prove that it is the removing of guns from ordinary citizens that opens the door for a takeover. Americans should never ever give up their 2nd amendment rights. This case of the couple - is just more proof that guns protect the innocent and not the other way around. - Jeremiah

sallow claims hitler didn't seize all weapons:

Yes he did. Ask anyone who was living there at the time. Look up Kitty Werthmanns testimony on google and see for yourself. The nazis confiscated all guns right after they demanded mandatory registration of those weapons. All the citizens had to give them up. ALL as in ALL. - Jeremiah p.s. the truth is out there why do the liberals fight so hard to deny it?

Yes he did. Ask anyone who was living there at the time. Look up Kitty Werthmanns testimony on google and see for yourself. The nazis confiscated all guns right after they demanded mandatory registration of those weapons. All the citizens had to give them up. ALL as in ALL. - Jeremiah p.s. the truth is out there why do the liberals fight so hard to deny it?

You should get out more often. Like..go to a library. Pick up a history book.

Though the rate of gun violence doesn't come anywhere near what it is in the US, I think it's interesting that they have 'tightened' rules on gun ownership in recent years. They must be concerned about the level of violence rising. It is also interesting that Switzerland, which has been touted as having an extremely low rate of gun violence, actually has "more domestic homicides and suicides than anywhere else in Europe except Finland."

It seems they are not as in control of their gun situation as has been claimed.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Switzerland. But maybe I'm just foolhardy. (Sarcasm). Based on Jerry's post, the UK is a fearful place. LOL I've traveled all over the UK, on my own, and been to London numerous times without the least bit of problem from violence of any kind.

When I lived in Germany, it was just across the border from Switzerland. The two towns were connected, and just walking across the street was entering another country. Switizerland is a safe and peaceful country, and very pretty. As you can see by the quote, it is mostly domestic violence they are concerned about. But it is guns that are the problem. There used to be a big drug problem in Zurich, and a lot of addicts hanging out in the main park there. Haven't been there for a long time, so I don't know how it is now. I still have friends from when I lived in Germany, and when I visit them, we usually drive over to Switzerland. It's a very nice place. I've been to Basel (twice), Zurich several times, Geneva, the lake district, the Alps, etc. What part of Switzerland will you be in?

Crime rate is extremely low in Switzerland. The rest of Europe has crime rates much higher but the liberals will hide this by claiming it wasn't violence by guns. Of course because in those countries guns are banned. Therein the greater crime rates but the weapon was knives, clubs, etc. The crime in the UK is rising with the immigrants moving there and some are considering the idea that gun ownership is the solution. Thanks!

- Jeremiah

Insulting me will get you nowhere. The facts are in the numbers. If the UK doesn't have guns but the crime rate is 4 times as high as Switzerland and you hide that by only counting gun violence then you are being deceptive. You are a liberal, correct? Therein you have attempted to deceive others by claiming something that isn't true. I am merely getting the facts straight here. The citizens of the UK are most definitely having second thoughts about owning a gun. What they have now is a disaster on their hands due to the influx of immigrants from Muslim countries, etc. Rape is sky high throughout France - UK - no such problem in Switzerland. Thanks! - Jeremiah

Going to be doing a tour of Scandinavia in the Summer. I'll make sure not to accept any dinner invitations.

LOL So you're going to be in Switzerland and Finland? Wow! You live dangerously. :)

If you meet a nice person or nice people and they invite you to their home, go; otherwise, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. I know that from experience.

Last edited:

- Jeremiah

And yes, Sallow, you are right: the reason there is less street crime in Switzerland is because it is a well organized society with good social services, high level of education, lack of poverty (though there are some 'housing' neighborhoods where folks are lower class), good health care and schools, excellent mass transportation, etc. It's a good lifestyle, no doubt about it.

That is a lie and you know it. The reason for the absence of street crime, home invasions, rape, etc in Switzerland is the law that requires every single citizen in Switzerland to own a firearm and have it in their home. You can try to dance around this but you are still coming up empty because numbers do not lie. I think it is sufficient to say I've proven my point in this matter of the importance of 2nd amendment rights here in America and why owning guns reduces crime in a society - it does not increase it. In other words, Ezmelta, you've lost this debate. Better luck next time.

- Jeremiah

That is a lie and you know it. The reason for the absence of street crime, home invasions, rape, etc in Switzerland is the law that requires every single citizen in Switzerland to own a firearm and have it in their home. You can try to dance around this but you are still coming up empty because numbers do not lie. I think it is sufficient to say I've proven my point in this matter of the importance of 2nd amendment rights here in America and why owning guns reduces crime in a society - it does not increase it. In other words, Ezmelta, you've lost this debate. Better luck next time.

- Jeremiah

LOL You are a total fucking moron, and, apparently, a cross dresser, so I hear. :eek:

The law in Switzerland does not require anyone to have a gun. They have very restrictive gun laws there, and they are planning to make them even more stringent. You've never been there. I've been there more times than I can remember. It is a very 'civilized' society with strong social services, just like in the EU. People are highly educated. Population growth is zero, which is typical in highly evolved and educated countries. Men who were in the service were 'allowed' to keep their guns if they wanted to; they were not and are not required to do so. And they have to have permits and follow other regulations. You haven't won anything, especially no debate: not in the real world anyway, maybe in your imaginary world. But, take heart: I'm sure you're the prettiest Jeremaih in the boards. :D Back to the bomb shelter for you.

Last edited:
I will cross India off my list places to go and see.

"A Swiss couple was camping near a forest in India's Datia district when a group of men beat the husband and raped his wife, the district's deputy superintendent of police, R.S. Prajapati, told CNN. There were between five and seven attackers, he said.

The couple arrived in Mumbai on February 3 and were on a cycling tour across the country, said D.K. Arya, deputy inspector general of police.

The attackers stole a laptop, 10,000 rupees (US $185) and a mobile phone, he said. The victims went to police and the woman was hospitalized and later released.

Twenty people have been detained for questioning"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/16/world/asia...-gangrape/

Disgusting human beings..

Just to put this in perspective: This kind of thing NEVER happens to tourists in the US. Right? Wrong. Tourists in the US are regularly attacked. Women are raped. People are robbed and assaulted, murdered. Writing off a whole country (India is a big country) because of one crime? Yep. You're a real smart guy. Stay home. Don't grace them with your presence. I'm sure the country and people of India will be able to handle the absence of yet another arrogant, ignorant, tunnel visioned American.

Yes, India has a problem right now with gang rapes. America has a problem right now with mass shootings. Which is worse? Anybody got some scales?

...and you have a problem with perspective....The OP is about a tourist being gang raped it is a national problem...can you kindly stick to the OP?

"The UN’s human-rights chief calls rape in India a “national problem”. Rapes and the ensuing deaths (often from suicide), are routinely described in India’s press—though many more attacks go unreported to the public or police. Delhi has a miserable but deserved reputation for being unsafe, especially for poor and low-caste women. Sexual violence in villages, though little reported, keeps girls and women indoors after dark. As young men migrate from the country into huge, crowded slums, their predation goes unchecked. Prosecution rates for rape are dismally low and convictions lower still—as in many countries."
India?s women: Rape and murder in Delhi | The Economist

You should get out more often. Like..go to a library. Pick up a history book.

Selected by a liberal? Hell will freeze first. That is what is wrong with you people. None of your claims are based on facts. Your entire premise is based on telling a lie big enough, often enough that the people will eventually believe it. Hitler managed to lead 11 million to their deaths by one method. He lied to them. I would advise the readers on this board not to believe ANYTHING you or your EZ - Meltdown gal pal have to say. Seriously. You people are deceived. That is what following Obama will do for you. - Jeremiah

Scandinavia?

Are you confusing Switzerland with Sweden maybe?

I will cross India off my list places to go and see.

"A Swiss couple was camping near a forest in India's Datia district when a group of men beat the husband and raped his wife, the district's deputy superintendent of police, R.S. Prajapati, told CNN. There were between five and seven attackers, he said.

The couple arrived in Mumbai on February 3 and were on a cycling tour across the country, said D.K. Arya, deputy inspector general of police.

The attackers stole a laptop, 10,000 rupees (US $185) and a mobile phone, he said. The victims went to police and the woman was hospitalized and later released.

Twenty people have been detained for questioning"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/16/world/asia...-gangrape/

Disgusting human beings..

Just to put this in perspective: This kind of thing NEVER happens to tourists in the US. Right? Wrong. Tourists in the US are regularly attacked. Women are raped. People are robbed and assaulted, murdered. Writing off a whole country (India is a big country) because of one crime? Yep. You're a real smart guy. Stay home. Don't grace them with your presence. I'm sure the country and people of India will be able to handle the absence of yet another arrogant, ignorant, tunnel visioned American.

Yes, India has a problem right now with gang rapes. America has a problem right now with mass shootings. Which is worse? Anybody got some scales?

...and you have a problem with perspective....The OP is about a tourist being gang raped it is a national problem...can you kindly stick to the OP?

"The UN’s human-rights chief calls rape in India a “national problem”. Rapes and the ensuing deaths (often from suicide), are routinely described in India’s press—though many more attacks go unreported to the public or police. Delhi has a miserable but deserved reputation for being unsafe, especially for poor and low-caste women. Sexual violence in villages, though little reported, keeps girls and women indoors after dark. As young men migrate from the country into huge, crowded slums, their predation goes unchecked. Prosecution rates for rape are dismally low and convictions lower still—as in many countries."
India?s women: Rape and murder in Delhi | The Economist

And mass shootings in the US are not a national problem?

Your one and only comment about the article was that you would not be visiting India because of this rape incident. I responded to your post, your comment. Responded appropropiately. If you didn't want the thread to be about putting down a whole country for a particular incident, then you should have commented on it differently. As far as your comment: you implied that it was either distasteful or dangerous to visit India because of this incident: I countered that observation as it is an attitude anyone can take about pretty much anywhere. Tourists pretty much anywhere can be subject to crime: duh.

If you want to make this about the gang rape issue in India: again, I say put it into perpsective. It is getting a lot of media attention now, and it is a problem, but put into perspective, not as bad a problem as that of mass killings in the US. I say, rather than pointing fingers at India, you focus on what can be done to solve a much worse problem in America.

They did something incredibly stupid.

I disagree. That implies they were somehow naive', mistaken, not knowing what they were doing. Of course they knew what they were doing. It was pre-meditated, not an act of not thinking - but rather an act of malicious, evil intent with utter disregard for the life of the woman and her husband. I would give them 7 concurrent life sentences for that which equals life for each rape - they destroyed her life - they should not be given the opportunity to do this to another individual. Before anyone says that is too much I know a Judge who gave that sentence to one man for a first time offense raping a young boy. He will never see the light of day again - the rapist - I agree with tough laws on rape - paedophila because it sends the message our society will not tolerate it. Too many liberal judges are letting these type offenders off with 18 months probation and a short jail sentence. That must stop!!

This is why I support our 2nd amendment rights - that they not be infringed upon in any way - no demands to register weapons ( Hitler did that in his 5th year and then confiscated them from all citizens of Germany, Austria - etc ) as it is an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights. The Constitution is clear that our 2nd amendment rights are not to be infringed upon - in any way!

If this couple had a gun with them I believe they could have come out of this unharmed. It is a tragic, tragic story and India is going to have to do something about the gang rapes happening as this is happening alot lately. Two women were also gang raped on a bus over there some time back I heard. I hope these two people get the justice they deserve and the Courts convict those involved. - Jeremiah

p.s. those mass shootings in America Ezmelta is talking about on her post? They were all liberals hopped up on Prozac, Zoloft and other psychotropic drugs - every single gun shooting at schools, even the liberal cop out there who burnt up holding out in a cabin was a liberal - registered democrat - voted for Obama. Those mass murderers were ALL LIBERALS.

Keeping the guns out of liberal hands might solve a huge portion of the crime taking place in America. Why is it that liberal judges demanded armed guards at the door of every courthouse in America but refuse to agree our school children should be entitled to an armed guard at the door of their schools? Someone needs to inform the liberals that ignoring reality doesn't make it go away.

Bullshit. Hitler did no such thing, nor is it even remotely related to the topic.
Not that the rest of this post isn't an evolving study in paranoid wackadoodle dementia. Methinks the poster is more than slightly familiar with the psychotropic drugs he mentions.

Last edited:
To get back on topic here - ahem - if the couple had been carrying a firearm I believe the outcome would have been different. Having a firearm would have made all the difference for this couple. IMO.

-Jeremiah

They did something incredibly stupid.

I disagree. That implies they were somehow naive', mistaken, not knowing what they were doing. Of course they knew what they were doing. It was pre-meditated, not an act of not thinking - but rather an act of malicious, evil intent with utter disregard for the life of the woman and her husband. I would give them 7 concurrent life sentences for that which equals life for each rape - they destroyed her life - they should not be given the opportunity to do this to another individual. Before anyone says that is too much I know a Judge who gave that sentence to one man for a first time offense raping a young boy. He will never see the light of day again - the rapist - I agree with tough laws on rape - paedophila because it sends the message our society will not tolerate it. Too many liberal judges are letting these type offenders off with 18 months probation and a short jail sentence. That must stop!!

This is why I support our 2nd amendment rights - that they not be infringed upon in any way - no demands to register weapons ( Hitler did that in his 5th year and then confiscated them from all citizens of Germany, Austria - etc ) as it is an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights. The Constitution is clear that our 2nd amendment rights are not to be infringed upon - in any way!

If this couple had a gun with them I believe they could have come out of this unharmed. It is a tragic, tragic story and India is going to have to do something about the gang rapes happening as this is happening alot lately. Two women were also gang raped on a bus over there some time back I heard. I hope these two people get the justice they deserve and the Courts convict those involved. - Jeremiah

p.s. those mass shootings in America Ezmelta is talking about on her post? They were all liberals hopped up on Prozac, Zoloft and other psychotropic drugs - every single gun shooting at schools, even the liberal cop out there who burnt up holding out in a cabin was a liberal - registered democrat - voted for Obama. Those mass murderers were ALL LIBERALS.

Keeping the guns out of liberal hands might solve a huge portion of the crime taking place in America. Why is it that liberal judges demanded armed guards at the door of every courthouse in America but refuse to agree our school children should be entitled to an armed guard at the door of their schools? Someone needs to inform the liberals that ignoring reality doesn't make it go away.

Bullshit. Hitler did no such thing.
Not that the rest of your post isn't an evolving study in paranoid wackadoodle dementia.

Yes he did. He confiscated the firearms of all citizens in Germany - Austria in his 5th year right after he made it mandatory to register all firearms. This is historical fact and those who lived there during that time all agree it is true. Look up Kitty Werthmann on Google and read her articles. She states plainly that Hitler confiscated all firearms from the citizens in his 5th year. ALL the weapons from ALL the civilians. Got it? She lived through WWII in Austria. You need to be brought up to speed here as you obviously are depending on Wiki for learning the truth. Huge mistake.

-Jeremiah

Google Kitty Werthmann and learn the truth. Denying Hitler confiscated all guns from civilians in Germany - Austria - is doing the readers a great disservice.

I admonish the readers to google Kitty Werthmann and read her testimony for yourselves. The liberal agenda is the same as Hitlers - lie to the people - so they willingly register their weapons & later are forced to surrender same firearms to the govt. NEVER AGAIN. There is a reason we say that. Because we mean it. - Jeremiah

Bullshit. Hitler did no such thing.
Not that the rest of your post isn't an evolving study in paranoid wackadoodle dementia.

Yes he did. He confiscated the firearms of all citizens in Germany - Austria in his 5th year right after he made it mandatory to register all firearms. This is historical fact and those who lived there during that time all agree it is true. Look up Kitty Werthmann on Google and read her articles. She states plainly that Hitler confiscated all firearms from the citizens in his 5th year. ALL the weapons from ALL the civilians. Got it? She lived through WWII in Austria. You need to be brought up to speed here as you obviously are depending on Wiki for learning the truth. Huge mistake.

-Jeremiah

Utter bullshit.
You don't create a fact by going "yes he did, look it up, and by the way don't use Wiki because they don't have the myth I like". Break open the piggy bank, go down to Wally World and buy a clue.

To get back on topic here - ahem - if the couple had been carrying a firearm I believe the outcome would have been different. Having a firearm would have made all the difference for this couple. IMO.

-Jeremiah

It appears gang rape is rampant in India. Law enforcement does not seem to take this matter seriously and convictions are low. "Twenty people have been detained for questioning" it does not say how many are people of genuine interest, but a gun may have complicated this situation.

Bottom line if I need a gun to where I chose to take a vacation I would consider another destination. I have traveled to foreign countries by myself for pleasure and I check out the risks before I go. That is not to blame these folks, but foresight could have made this trip avoidable.

Forum List

Back