Take a Look At What Passes for "Art" in 2024 USA

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This is what a supposedly dignified art museum currently displays on its walls, Video is from 11 days ago (February 8, 2024). >>
Sad that we have sunk this low.

But not all is lost. They are still artists producing the REAL thing. They may not have paintings in big city art museums, but they are here, and their paintings are viewable on line.
Here's an example >> Bert Emanuel
1708319550064.jpeg

1708319629253.jpeg

Last edited:
It is the Museum of Contemporary Art. That means modern art.

I scanned through the video. Some was odd. Most of it was interesting.

Not every art fan wants Norman Rockwell. Modern art often expresses profound and worthy messages.

This is what a supposedly dignified art museum currently displays on its walls, Video is from 11 days ago (February 8, 2024). >>

But not all is lost. They are still artists producing the REAL thing. They may not have paintings in big city art museums, but they are here, and their paintings are viewable on line.
View attachment 904708

View attachment 904709

protectionist; that's a structure in Lost Angelost Commiefornia like what could U expect from that caliber

View attachment 904708

View attachment 904709

I really like the feeling that the structure itself gives off, the open air "roomy" feeling! That hardwood Maple floor looks just so right!!! Excellent choice of interior design & color scheme too! Yeah, that's too bad about the cheesy wall decorations & oddball chintzy floor exhibits. My guess is that the structure ran into co$t overruns & though they got the structure up & completed they ran out of money to furnish the interior with quality artworks. They most likely hit up garage sales, low buck antique shops & discarded student artwork from the schools. I am reasonably sure that local amateur artists may have made some donations to the museum also. But ANYTHING is better than walking into an EMPTY MUSEUM that then feels like an oversized tomb. Plus the taxpayers would have probably been up in arms over a new but empty mu$eum!

Not every art fan wants Norman Rockwell. Modern art often expresses profound and worthy messages.

I've always been a fan of the Hudson River School style myself.

View attachment 904708

View attachment 904709

I liked some of it but if you put that big piece with the diagonal lines at the 2:30 mark in my house, I would smash it to bits. That pattern causes my vision to do weird things.

The idea that this is new is funny.

There are many modern artists that did not paint "realistic" portraits.

Picasso, Vaqn Gogh, Matisse, and Salvador Dali all painted surrealistic paintings.

You don't get it. No, most of it was NOT interesting at all. Just slopping a few colors on to a canvas does not rate as ART. Here's a few more of my works to give you an idea of what REAL art is >>

Blue Nature - Tropical Lake by Bert Emanuel
1708359210385.jpeg

Blue Nature - Tropical Ocean by Bert Emanuel
1708359500441.jpeg

Bearded Guitarist by Bert Emanuel
1708359659414.jpeg

String Quartet by Bert Emanuel
1708359764625.jpeg

artpal.com/cats2475

Last edited:
I liked some of it but if you put that big piece with the diagonal lines at the 2:30 mark in my house, I would smash it to bits. That pattern causes my vision to do weird things.
They call it art. I would gag at what it might be selling for. :rolleyes:

You don't get it. No, most of it was NOT interesting at all. Just slopping a few colors on to a canvas does not rate as ART. Here's a few more of my works to give you an idea of what REAL art is >>

View attachment 904875

View attachment 904877

View attachment 904880

View attachment 904881

artpal.com/cats2475

Oh, I get it. You like one style of art. No problem.

But to claim what Picasso painted is not art is simply inaccurate.

You are like music fans who think their favorite style of music is the only music, and anything else is just noise. Your claims are ego driven, not based on the art.

They call it art. I would gag at what it might be selling for. :rolleyes:
Art is expensive. My city pays a mint to lease sculptures to place and replace every few years. I do really like industrial style sculptures (but we haven't had one of those yet), but they aren't for everyone. Some of it is ridiculous. They have one that is a ball on a pedestal. The only redeeming quality of it is that it replaces one that was a cut metal sculpture that looked like a vine with Lisa Simpson's hair as the blooms.

View attachment 904875

View attachment 904877

View attachment 904880

View attachment 904881

artpal.com/cats2475
I take it that you are Bert Emanuel

My art is a bit more representational. There is room for everyone.

Yes there is room for everyone. Normally I would not make remarks about someone's art. And I have avoided saying some of the things I thought.

But when you demean other artists and say what they create is not art, I tend to allow myself to throw more shit.

Forum List

Back