Take a Look At What Passes for "Art" in 2024 USA

“Is there mastery in Malevich's "Black Square"? Is there talent? Is there a sense of beauty? No. There's a masterful publicity stunt. There is a desire to “blow up”, to cause a scandal, to shock the viewer. From this point of view Malevich is as much an “artist” as Herostratus is an architect, and Chikatilo, excuse me, is a surgeon.
I can't help but remember my favorite for puffing up cretins, Andy Warhol. He once called his studio and instructed a photographer to put a certain image on silk, after which he arrived and on the finished canvas ...peed.
The fabric with traces of Warhol's urine was sold in New York for 10 million dollars! “Connoisseurs of art” know what Warhol took part in the creation of this “masterpiece”, but re-buy it, literally snatching it out of each other's hands! Businessmen who collect obvious junk in their galleries know what they are doing.
After all, there are critics who will “put” a deep meaning under this garbage and give their assessments as generally accepted truths. And enterprising connoisseurs with tight wallets will pay solid money for THIS, remembering Dali's confession that “the world is full of cretins”, and after some time they will be able to resell the “masterpiece” three times more expensive. What a great deception...”
- Andrei Konchalovsky

Here's someone in 2024 who isn't aware that it's just dirty money laundered at auctions through art.

Forum List

Back