Talking Trash About Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has the power to hurt you unless you give it to them, Sweetness. People that know you and care about you here are not going to be swayed by flaming losers sitting behind a keyboard spewing shit that they would never say to anyone's face. They do it to get a reaction. Back in my mid and late 20's, I would get pulled into working security at events by some of my gym buddies that did it for a living and needed extra help. Basically I was there to stop potential conflicts between drunk patrons that didn't know when to say when.....they would do everything that they could to provoke a fight as I was guiding them out of the area.......I heard it all...I was a pussy, I was this, I was that, blah, blah, blah. I knew that I could drop them if I had to but I knew it was just the booze talking that was making them act that way. I sure wouldn't want someone to beat the shit out of me if I was messed up and simply talking trash....it's just words. Internet forums can be like a night at a wild party...people get emotionally drunk especially if they get a posse behind them. I call it "dog-piling" and it has happened to me many times over the 16 years I have been blogging...no big deal. Real time versus cyber time is no comparison. I got your back though and will gladly step into the fray...I have broad shoulders....hugs ya.
Strawman fallacy.

In what way? I was simply encouraging her to not let comments get to her because that i what the trolls want.......no "straw man" at all.....just a little friendly advice. Never give the trolls what they want.
Yeah true. She shouldnt put up with it. If i had that troll here in front of me, i'd squeeze it's gizzards till they popped out it's mouth.

dhara doesnt deserve such treatment and i intendnto find the culprit.

dhara can be a little short sighted but she's good for the most part.

No one has the power to hurt you unless you give it to them, Sweetness. People that know you and care about you here are not going to be swayed by flaming losers sitting behind a keyboard spewing shit that they would never say to anyone's face. They do it to get a reaction. Back in my mid and late 20's, I would get pulled into working security at events by some of my gym buddies that did it for a living and needed extra help. Basically I was there to stop potential conflicts between drunk patrons that didn't know when to say when.....they would do everything that they could to provoke a fight as I was guiding them out of the area.......I heard it all...I was a pussy, I was this, I was that, blah, blah, blah. I knew that I could drop them if I had to but I knew it was just the booze talking that was making them act that way. I sure wouldn't want someone to beat the shit out of me if I was messed up and simply talking trash....it's just words. Internet forums can be like a night at a wild party...people get emotionally drunk especially if they get a posse behind them. I call it "dog-piling" and it has happened to me many times over the 16 years I have been blogging...no big deal. Real time versus cyber time is no comparison. I got your back though and will gladly step into the fray...I have broad shoulders....hugs ya.
Strawman fallacy.

In what way? I was simply encouraging her to not let comments get to her because that i what the trolls want.......no "straw man" at all.....just a little friendly advice. Never give the trolls what they want.
Yeah true. She shouldnt put up with it. If i had that troll here in front of me, i'd squeeze it's gizzards till they popped out it's mouth.

Exactly we agree....so Dhara now this issue has been resolved, you perhaps should ask for this thread to be locked, yes?

Strawman fallacy.

Dhara has valor and she will stand up for posters here even if she doesn't agree with them 100 percent. She stood up for me when I was being dog-piled one night. I was 100 percent confident in the information I was posting and the lame flames didn't bother me....but it was nice to have someone like her to put herself out there like that. It's not easy for me to write about some of the things I do but I do it because I want people to wake up. She defended me in the face of overwhelming troll opposition when she didn't have too...that goes a long way with me.

No family means no family.
It also goes along with the rules of not discussing pms. Dhara might want to keep in mind how she breaks rules herself.

Strawman fallacy.

Dhara has valor and she will stand up for posters here even if she doesn't agree with them 100 percent. She stood up for me when I was being dog-piled one night. I was 100 percent confident in the information I was posting and the lame flames didn't bother me....but it was nice to have someone like her to put herself out there like that. It's not easy for me to write about some of the things I do but I do it because I want people to wake up. She defended me in the face of overwhelming troll opposition when she didn't have too...that goes a long way with me.
She wants to kill off you and everyone like you.

Strawman fallacy.

Wait, have YOU been on the drink?

If you mention you're married and have kids, does that mean your family is now open to be being trashed?

If you don't want family involved, don't bring them into it. I'm pretty sure context is important, or at least it should be.
^This.
Nope.
This:

There's this misconception that if you mention some facts about your family, then that family is open to attack. It is not.. You may NOT attack family -- even if -- details about said family have been disclosed. ----- FCT

Last edited by a moderator: 40 minutes ago

My meaning was that if you say your child hit a home run, that's different from saying your child is active in some political activity, and regularly insults their opponents. That is just my belief, and what ever the rules call for should be followed. I still think my take on it is reasonable.

It also goes along with the rules of not discussing pms. Dhara might want to keep in mind how she breaks rules herself.
Aren't you the same gal that mentioned a PM convo we had on the board. I can show it to you if you like.

If you mention you're married and have kids, does that mean your family is now open to be being trashed?

If you don't want family involved, don't bring them into it. I'm pretty sure context is important, or at least it should be.
^This.
Nope.
This:

There's this misconception that if you mention some facts about your family, then that family is open to attack. It is not.. You may NOT attack family -- even if -- details about said family have been disclosed. ----- FCT

My meaning was that if you say your child hit a home run, that's different from saying your child is active in some political activity, and regularly insults their opponents. That is just my belief, and what ever the rules call for should be followed. I still think my take on it is reasonable.
Yes, sorry, I see your point now.

Strawman fallacy.

Who do I want to kill? The one talking violence all the time is YOU.

^This.
Nope.
This:

Yes, sorry, I see your point now.

No problem.

Aren't you the same gal that mentioned a PM convo we had on the board. I can show it to you if you like.
Did I ask staff to contact you to never speak to me then turn around and pm you? No. I didn't.
Beep. Try again.

Try to get this in your head, Dhara. Do not go crying to staff to make their jobs harder, only to turn around and contact ME after you complained to THEM that I was "mentioning" you in any thread. I have never used the @ function on you and you know it. You lied to staff. They intervened on your behalf to tell me to not do something I have NOT DONE, then you pm me less than 24 hours later?

You might have some people fooled but rest assured..they will wake up. I see Tilly and Dale choose to follow the manipuative piper. Ok. Noted.

You, Dhara, brought this all on yourself. I want nothing to do with you. I do post in threads you "happen" to be in, but when I am responding to that thread, it is NOT to you specifically..except right now in this moment. Get it? Got it? Good.

Now, go ahead and cry wolf some more. I am done with you and on iggie you, tilly and alan go. I choose who to hang out with and none of you are of that caliber. And those that think you are just this poor picked on innocent person? They will find out all in due time. Smoke usually equals fire and with so many saying the same thing about you because they experienced it first hand like I did, that they choose to ignore..well....that's on them and all anyone can do is say "tolja so" when you finally wake the fuck up.

Adios.

Last edited:
Did I ask staff to contact you to never speak to me then turn around and pm you? No. I didn't.
Beep. Try again.

Try to get this in your head, Dhara. Do not go crying to staff to make their jobs harder, only to turn around and contact ME after you complained to THEM that I was "mentioning" you in any thread. I have never used the @ function on you and you know it. You lied to staff. They intervened on your behalf to tell me to not do something I have NOT DONE, then you pm me less than 24 hours later?

You might have some people fooled but rest assured..they will wake up. I see Tilly and Dale choose to follow the manipuative piper. Ok. Noted.

You, Dhara, brought this all on yourself. I want nothing to do with you. I do post in threads you "happen" to be in, but when I am responding to that thread, it is NOT to you specifically..except right now in this moment. Get it? Got it? Good.

Now, go ahead and cry wolf some more. I am done with you and on iggie you, tilly and alan go. I choose who to hang out with and none of you are of that caliber. And those that think you are just this poor picked on innocent person? They will find out all in due time. Smoke usually equals fire and with so many saying the same thing about you because they experienced it first hand like I did, that they choose to ignore..well....that's on them and all anyone can do is say "tolja so" when you finally wake the fuck up.

Adios.
My take on this is that if you @ someone who doesn't want to be 'summoned' by you, you can be in trouble with the mods. For that reason it seems to make sense that the mods make sure you know about the request not to @ that particular person, and then you can't breach the rules and get in trouble unless you do it deliberately. To let you know about the request is the responsible thing to do so you don't @ someone in the future without knowing about the request not to. Why the recipients are having meltdowns for days on end is beyond me.
As to the PM, you raised it and so Dhara responded to you to explain the reason for the pm.
One more point, adults like to make up their own mind about people, as opposed to being told who they should and shouldn't like. I've seen first hand how people in the FZ twist what others say into something that doesn't even resemble what the person actually said. I've seen how people in the FZ 'know' I'm a sock for other people, and of course I actually do know they are completely wrong. I've watched them bring up stuff against people that happened over 40 years ago, ad nauseum.
So, forgive me and others who prefer not to listen to such people and their lies and gossip and those of us who have no intention of doing so. Maybe it's good you've put me on ignore, because I'm fed up being told who I should and shouldn't associate with on here, it's so utterly childish and ridiculous to the nth degree.
That is all.

Last edited:
Strawman fallacy.

No, that's the Dalek's that want to do that....or are we thinking Dhara IS a Dalek? :eek-52:

dalek1.jpg

latest

No, that's the Dalek's that want to do that....or are we thinking Dhara IS a Dalek? :eek-52:

dalek1.jpg

latest
Exterminate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back