Tampa Bay is on the verge of MLB history. Will their fans bother to show up and support them?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The most worthless baseball fans in the MLB do not deserve a team as good as the Rays. Let's see how many fans show up to support them. There were barely 20 thousand to watch them get to 13-0. Boooo!

I suspect they're waiting to see if it continues. And ya gotta remember there's a shitload of people in Florida who aren't from Florida so they root for their hometown teams.
The Astros have started in typical fashion as in starting slow.
But the fans are used to it by now so they show up for games and wait for the turn around.

The RAYS are a great club all around I hope to get to a game soon.

They have to get a. new stadium if they expect to be taken seriously by the fans, place is a dump.

The most worthless baseball fans in the MLB do not deserve a team as good as the Rays. Let's see how many fans show up to support them. There were barely 20 thousand to watch them get to 13-0. Boooo!
Move 'em to Montreal.

If they would locate stadiums in areas where people live, instead of in downtown areas that everybody has to travel to get to, they could get better attendance.

there's more people in our chapel on sunday then at a Reds game.

The 1884 Maroons went 20-0.

The Gashouse Gorillas did much better

hqdefault.jpg

1681469967876.jpeg

The stadium is not in Tampa. It is miles away in St. Petersburg and the area is questionable. The stadium was built for multipurpose than renovated for baseball. Attendance is a disappointment. Miami has the same issue, and they have an expensive newer stadium built in a questionable area though.

Mike, it was a 1:00 Thursday afternoon game. People in Florida have to work for a living. We are not on welfare like in other states.

Trust me, there is a lot of interest in the Tampa Bay area.

I’ve always said it’s tough to spend an entire night and a lot of money on a game that’s only 0.6% of your season.

Meanwhile, basically the same type of trip and money to see a football game and you’re getting to see 5.9% of the season.

A single regular baseball season baseball game just doesn’t Hold enough weight to justify the time, traffic, and money it requires… unless it’s occasionally for the experience. Baseball really ought to take the 0.6% figure into account when setting ticket prices

Forum List

Back