Tax the rich, lose the rich

Anyone who is familiar with economics knows the Lafer curve. Anyone who knows about the lafer curve understands that higher taxes do not always lead to higher tax revenue. In fact at a certain point raising taxes decreases tax revenue.

It doesn't make sense to tax any portion of society disproportionately. Tax cuts for everyone is a good idea. It stimulates economic growth. More money in circulation means more taxes, even at lower rates, and will increase government revenue as well as the standard of living for the public.

There is a reason that the majority of economists and business people are Republican. People who understand the economy favor the right.

I don't mean that as a slam though. There are obviously other important factors to consider when voting (social, international...ect) but I think history clearly shows that Republicans (or rather conservative economic theory) are better at economics.

REALLY...the last 30 years of 'conservative' dominated political legislation and economic policy has America in the toilet.

There are much better explanations as to why the majority of economists and business people are Republican. Some are recent, and some are Biblical...

"Republicans care more about property, Democrats care more about people"
Ted Sorensen - President Kennedy's Special Counsel & Adviser, and primary speechwriter

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith

Have you ever heard of a bleeding heart Republican?
Paul Craig Roberts - the father of Reaganomics

Luke 16:19-31: Lazarus and the rich man. Jesus knew about trickle down economics: crumbs…

Luke 16:13-15…

[13] No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and mammon (money)

[14] The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

[15] He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

So your saying that the root cause of the economic crisis is that 'Main St.' businesses massively defaulted on their loans back in 2008?

BTW - Just for the record - I do not have a college degree, yet I work in one of the worlds most advanced research centers and am paid on the level of a master's degree.

Only two things in your rant that is worth responding to. You ramble too much and make no points. But to the above:

Yes, the root cause of the economic crisis can be found on Main St, and on Martin Luther King Boulevards across America. People got into homes they had no damn business being in. Lefties pressured banks with threats of racism labels to make loans to people who could NOT afford them. They all defaulted. Housing market collapsed. Clinton, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, they were the big players in that mid 90's scheme to use Fannie and Freddie to begin pushing these poor and lower mid class folks into homes they knew damn well they shouldn't be in. Bush warned of it in 2002-2004, but nothing was done. Housing collapsed. Dominoes fell. And here we are.

Next, your statement that you have no college degree, yet get paid masters level pay

YOU are the same turd that has whined for 2 days that you aren't paid what you are worth, your bosses make so much off you and you make so little, blah blah blah blah.

Yet, now you claim you are simply a HS grad making Masters Degree pay. You whining, spoiled little bastard! You are ripping your company off! You're getting paid far MORE than you are worth by your generous company and boss! They should fire your ass, and hire someone with a Masters Degree to get Mastes Degree pay! But, they don't because they probably are more considerate and have better souls than any liberal could dream of.

Ah.........that was fun. Now, stop ripping off your company that is overpaying you :eusa_angel:

I learn from these sites all the time. Both parties but more so the dems need to listen to people like Oreo.
Also dems need to pay more attention to this issue. The top can afford it, but dems don't get the passion those not in the top bracket have against class warfare. I don't agree, but I feel dems under estimate how many want to move up. And of course year by year what's considered rich for taxes will be lower and lower. ala alt min taxes.

Bullshit!

Have you ever considered that there is constant ongoing class warfare of the wealthy against the working people of the world. It fueled by insatiatable greed.

Understand this:

If a person that owns a $200k home wants a substantially better home, they can get one ofr about $275k. But if a person that owns a $1mil home wants a subatntially better home they have to pay $1.25mil. The same principal applies to everything. The wealthier you are the more money it takes (exponentially) to move up to the next step of the socio-economic ladder.

Since everyone, except those of the strongest philosophy, wants to constantly improve their relative standard of living, the wealthy become insatiatably greedy relative to te incomes of the workers.

Employers pay more for their country club memberships than the annual salaries of their workers. That of ciurse isn't enough. After that they want a second or third house, a sail boat, a bigger sailboat. Next it's a lamborgini for their debutante daughters.

This greed is never ending. The only way that the ever obtain this upwards mobility is by screwing there employees. Instead of increasing salaries as profit go up, employers take all the profit and hold their employees wages frozen.

They are especially careful not to promote the most productive employees and to make certain that the employees who they depend on most are held down economically.

This war against the working people of the world is non-stop.

Di dyou ever wonder why the American people, who Bush called 'the hardest working people in the world', are number 12 in average standard of living? While the swiss, who produce less than 0.5% of the world's wealth have the highest standard of living?

The American workers is screwed each and ever day of their working life.

If we recieved fair compensation we'd all be retiring at 45.

Aw, but then your little dream of being uber-wealthy for no reason whatsoever, couldn't come true now could it?

Hey fu**tard, you just claimed in another post that you are merely a high school graduate, yet supposedly you earn Masters Level pay at a fancy company.

The way I see it, your boss has been extremely generous to you and you are on here trashing him. You are OVERPAID for a simple high school grad. He should fire you and hire someone with a Masters Degree.

But thats not enough. You come here and spew your envious hatred of the rich, about how they screw over everyone and workers aren't paid what they're worth.

Yet you claim to have nothing but a high school diploma. YOU made no extra effort towards your own education, did you? No college after high school. No online classes. Nothing. Just "HEY WORLD I'M 18, I'M LIBERAL, AND YOU OWE ME", and you found a company willing to pay you the $$ that a Masters Degree holder would earn.

And you know why we are 12th in standard of living and the Swiss are #1? Because the Swiss aren't over-run with illegal aliens, welfare queens, and spolied whining liberals like yourself, so there isn't anyone to drag down their standard of living profiles.

Anyway, if you are getting paid Masters Degree pay, and only have a high school diploma (which your spelling indicates is likely true....or maybe even less than a diploma), then I don't think you have much to complain about. But then again, you are a liberal.

Now..........either get the fu** out of our country and find one in which you'll be paid more fairly according to your standards........................or get back to work :whip:

:eusa_angel:

Oh goodie, Bfgrn is in on this thread, this should get really interesting now!!

Maybe he can help Rich-Richard describe how a person with a mere high school diploma getting paid Masters Degree level pay is being "screwed" by the boss!!

Seriously, you need to take a course in bussiness and economics......Reading your libberish is just pure entertainment.

All i'm hearing in your ramblings is your complete inability to recognize that you yourself are the reason for your failure in life. The reason that you are obviously just a pathetic miserable human being who feels the need to blame everybody else for your own doing.

And, me being one of those you obviously despise, a successful man, I still want to know just what the fuck you think I owe you......Because in REALITY, I don't owe you a god damn thing.
He fails to understand that heavily taxing businesses and rich people doesn't help the economy or create any new jobs, especially in a recession. As for proof, Obama is trying the European tax to death scheme and that's just worked wonders. :cuckoo:

Cutting their taxes did not seem to help us , dit it?

In the ten years since we cut their taxes we have seen a stagnant economy and limited job growth. Stop with the Bull Shit that raising their tax rate 3% is going to cost jobs

The economy grew quite well after the Bush tax cuts, with low inflation and unemployment. Only when the Democrats got control of Congress did things go south.
But someone must post this information at least every day and you continue to ignore it. When faced with charts, graphs, and articles you clam up and switch topics.
Do you really still hate and envy Bush that much that he could get us out of a serious recession in 18 months while your boy Obama is still foundering 20 months into his term?

Among those who are going to get "clobbered" by the expiration of the Bush tax cut are the super wealthy Hollywood Liberal types, you know, the Striesands, the Baldwins, the Spielbergs, the Moores.

This should make you cons very happy.

Only two things in your rant that is worth responding to. You ramble too much and make no points. But to the above:

Yes, the root cause of the economic crisis can be found on Main St, and on Martin Luther King Boulevards across America. People got into homes they had no damn business being in. Lefties pressured banks with threats of racism labels to make loans to people who could NOT afford them. They all defaulted. Housing market collapsed. Clinton, Pelosi, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, they were the big players in that mid 90's scheme to use Fannie and Freddie to begin pushing these poor and lower mid class folks into homes they knew damn well they shouldn't be in. Bush warned of it in 2002-2004, but nothing was done. Housing collapsed. Dominoes fell. And here we are.

Next, your statement that you have no college degree, yet get paid masters level pay

YOU are the same turd that has whined for 2 days that you aren't paid what you are worth, your bosses make so much off you and you make so little, blah blah blah blah.

Yet, now you claim you are simply a HS grad making Masters Degree pay. You whining, spoiled little bastard! You are ripping your company off! You're getting paid far MORE than you are worth by your generous company and boss! They should fire your ass, and hire someone with a Masters Degree to get Mastes Degree pay! But, they don't because they probably are more considerate and have better souls than any liberal could dream of.

Ah.........that was fun. Now, stop ripping off your company that is overpaying you :eusa_angel:

Hey buc-o... you are dead wrong...

The cause of the economic crisis can be found on WALL St and sub-prime lending cartels.

AND, here is an interesting FACT...In 2006, the height of the sub-prime boom, almost two-thirds of the high-cost loans made were for purposes other than the purchase of a home by an owner-occupant -- they were mostly refinancings to extract equity.

In other words, they were speculators buying homes with no intention of living in them. They were doctors, lawyers and businessmen looking for a fast buck, buc-o

The Community Reinvestment Act worked perfectly from 1977 until the mid 2000's...

He fails to understand that heavily taxing businesses and rich people doesn't help the economy or create any new jobs, especially in a recession. As for proof, Obama is trying the European tax to death scheme and that's just worked wonders. :cuckoo:

In the ten years since we cut their taxes we have seen a stagnant economy and limited job growth. Stop with the Bull Shit that raising their tax rate 3% is going to cost jobs

The economy grew quite well after the Bush tax cuts, with low inflation and unemployment. Only when the Democrats got control of Congress did things go south.
But someone must post this information at least every day and you continue to ignore it. When faced with charts, graphs, and articles you clam up and switch topics.
Do you really still hate and envy Bush that much that he could get us out of a serious recession in 18 months while your boy Obama is still foundering 20 months into his term?

Yeah, and I thank you for continued postings of it. In fact, lets sum it up:

1994- Republicans take over Congress for first time in 40 years = Largest economic growth the world has ever seen.

2006- Democrats take Congress back for first time since 1994 = Worst economic disaster since the Depression.

I don't know, lets use some good ole boy logic.

1994-2006 Republican Congress = Massive economic growth
2006-Present Democrat Congress = Worst economic drop sine Depression.

I'm no genius, but the moral of the story is DONT VOTE LIBERAL IN NOVEMBER.

The cause of the economic crisis can be found on WALL St and sub-prime lending cartels.

AND, here is an interesting FACT...In 2006, the height of the sub-prime boom, almost two-thirds of the high-cost loans made were for purposes other than the purchase of a home by an owner-occupant -- they were mostly refinancings to extract equity.

In other words, they were speculators buying homes with no intention of living in them. They were doctors, lawyers and businessmen looking for a fast buck, buc-o

The Community Reinvestment Act worked perfectly from 1977 until the mid 2000's...

Living down South, sometimes we'll throw a rock at an alligator just to watch it get all pissed off and flop around on itself.....just for the fun of watching it.

Thanks Bfgrn. You didn't disappoint.:clap2:

Yes, those evil sub-prime lending cartels.

I remember in 2002-2006, watching those lending cartels. They used to go in gangs into the ghettos where the poor people were just living peacefully. Then they'd kidnap the poor minorities and trailor trash who didn't have much money, and take them back to the bank. They would torture them with videos of middle class family barbeques and rich men with pools in their yards. They'd then put a loan application on the table, and threaten to chop off the first hand that refused to sign it.

Yeah, I remember those days, back in the 1990s when Chris Dodd, Sharpton, Jackson, Franke, Pelosi, Clinton, etc, called these lending cartels racist for daring make loans to people who couldn't afford them. Saying "These poor minorities can't afford these loans, and the bank cartels are forcing them into the loan just to shatter their dream with a certain foreclosure."

Yeah, I remember, those were the good ole days weren't they:lol:

In other words, Bucs has nothing to offer. Move on, Bucs, nothing for you here.

Living down South, sometimes we'll throw a rock at an alligator just to watch it get all pissed off and flop around on itself.....just for the fun of watching it.

Thanks Bfgrn. You didn't disappoint.:clap2:

Hey buc-o...I lived 'down south' when the sub-prime bubble began to rupture. I covered northern Florida selling construction equipment...

Florida was hit fast and hard because it is/was a hotbed for speculative buying. I still recall riding with one of my big customers as we drove through a huge project adjacent to a golf course and he pointed out that more than half of the homes being built were bought by speculators...

But, we could go with your adolescent level alligator tale...:lol::lol::lol:

Bucs, you make less sense than usual, which is a very hard thing for you to do.

Hey buc-o...I lived 'down south' when the sub-prime bubble began to rupture. I covered northern Florida selling construction equipment...

Florida was hit fast and hard because it is/was a hotbed for speculative buying. I still recall riding with one of my big customers as we drove through a huge project adjacent to a golf course and he pointed out that more than half of the homes being built were bought by speculators...

But, we could go with your adolescent level alligator tale...:lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHA!!! You never disappoint. So I use an alligator analogy, and all of a sudden you did work travelling all over Florida??? Oh man, you libs can't even tell good fibs!!!

So what you're saying is those speculators should've listened to Bush in 02-04 when he was trying to warn about that?? Guess we were distracted with other issues (9-11??) and didn't hear his concern.

Yeah some speculators made bad calculations. Can you blame 'em? With banks making loans to anyone with a pulse and a right hand, wouldn't you have gotten into the market also? It all stems back to you libtards in the 90's threatening banks who wouldn't make risky loans to minorities and poor trailor trash. That sparked the fire. So don't blame a speculator for being one of the ambers.

But anyway........a Florida construction sales guy....:lol::lol:....thats just too much. Ah, you never disappoint. This is more fun that jingling a toy above a cats paws, always just far enough away to annoy it and frustrate it. Please....respond quickly, this is fun!!

1994- Republicans take over Congress for first time in 40 years = Largest economic growth the world has ever seen.2006- Democrats take Congress back for first time since 1994 = Worst economic disaster since the Depression.

That was right after the Clinton tax increase on the rich, right? ...in keeping with this thread's theme,

which claims you can't raise taxes on the rich lest they all leave and the economy collapses.

You refuted yourself. Good work.

1994- Republicans take over Congress for first time in 40 years = Largest economic growth the world has ever seen.2006- Democrats take Congress back for first time since 1994 = Worst economic disaster since the Depression.

That was right after the Clinton tax increase on the rich, right? ...in keeping with this thread's theme,

which claims you can't raise taxes on the rich lest they all leave and the economy collapses.

You refuted yourself. Good work.

That economic boom occurred DESPITE those tax increases. Sometimes the surge of water is too powerful even for the dam to stop. The 90's proved that. With the tax/economy scenario..................and with the Clinton sex drive/morality scenario.

Forum List

Back